Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Epic, but lets also remember that he was linking the worst thing about battletech ever while being called out so there is that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Mukaikubo posted:

Oh Christ, I wish this were true. PTN? Never read any Dark Ages novel about the Jade Falcons. Just... some things are not worth it. The most crazypants character in a universe noted for its diversity of utter lunatics becomes Khan of the Falcons, restyles them into a rampaging horde- that word is used- styles herself "Genghis Khan" only with some teeth-grating misspelling to be precious, and basically wanders around a chunk of the Inner Sphere blowing things up, raving like a lunatic, and broadcasting holos of cutting herself while naked and drinking the blood to intimidate people into surrendering. Her actual personal motivation, as clearly laid out in the books, is to make humanity extinct because she is mad that her lover and sibko brother got killed in a fight as though he was just another Clan warrior (which he was). Malvina Hazen is one of the worst characters ever made for this franchise. :saddowns: And that is not even getting into her adopting an IS orphan and raising her to be a sociopath for no raisin. Or crashing an irreplaceable warship into her own capital after having already won a civil war to intimidate anyone else who might betray her.

I wish I made any of that up. Really I do. That is one of the things I had to fight past to find some good things about Dark Ages.

I'll admit that when you told me about that character, I was turned off from reading dark age entirely.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Servicio en Espanol posted:

Reboot Battletech to like 3025 or something, delete Clan Wolf, and bam(!) immeasurably improved universe.

Then the falcons become the author insert clan, are ruined and the same thing happens. STACKPOLE CANNOT BE SATED WITHOUT HIS MARY SUE TIE INS OKAY.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Q_res posted:

I learned this the hard way when the old 80s Voltron popped up on Netflix. I refuse to watch any more of my old childhood cartoons now. They're so, so bad.

Yeah, Robotech did it for me, I was so excited to get the boxset when I was like 23. I haven't ever gotten past like disk 2 :(

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

jng2058 posted:

I think the transforming space hover tanks where the pilot is on the outside of the 'mech in 2/3rds of the thing's modes is wacky enough.

The funny thing about Southern Cross is that even when I was 10, I knew the voice acting was horrible. The difference was, back then I kept watching. Nowadays, I hear Dana and Huey and *CLICK*, I'm gone.

Hell, I remember the story being so bad that my 5-6 year old self said "Wow this is retarded." About half way through on Southern Cross. I still only have a vague concept what happens in it, but I always have the impression that it really doesn't matter at all if I remember or not. :haw:

The third one for all its faults, at least had a very simple if memorable storyline, I don't remember the ending being worth while, but I could get behind the whole "Aliens took over Earth lets take it back" concept.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

KnoxZone posted:

Kell Hounds brought everybody home and intact :smug:.

Well ok we might have had the easiest mission, but it still counts.

And it always will. :colbert:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Yeah, I think that you might need to put it up to 10 heat, if only because the weight is so low.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Riflemen are known for two things: being a toy in robotech and dying. don't hate a player hate the game dawg.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
So I am in the Nu Tech Piranha the ecm and active beacon seem like a real treat. Though that dodgy right hip makes me paranoid :tinfoil:

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I find that if anyone starts pulling in the term "in reality" into battletech falls down hard. Most of battletech "inspiration" was done via 1970's robot anime. So pretty much reality is out the door.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I am laying out my plans, Right now I am going to jump into nearby some woods and use my superior range/inf killing to take out some infantry, but THERE IS SO MUCH CHOICE. This Komodo should be dressed up like a chaos space marine.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I am going to run forward 8 get in medium range for my apguass and use one hand to light up the infantry at 3245 it should be extreme range for them it might even be impossible. I would say I can also eat up those planes simply because the chance at a crit, but I will demolish infantry.

Thinking ahead, I can do a large arc, and hit another infantry, before doing a circle and hitting some planes, that is at least my general plan. I am betting some of thsoe buildings have infantry in them. With my dodgy hip, I do not want to get swarmed at all.

Axe-man fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 25, 2016

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Wobbie Zombies are just insane. Most of the wobbie stuff is just either weird, or extremely good.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

PoptartsNinja posted:

Pictured: A perfectly normal Human Being:

Maximum range: 15 hexes

My legs too are as exactly as long as my torso, checks out.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Thin wire is lostech.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Defiance Industries posted:

For the old-school thread readers

Hahaha. Sorry best call back!

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
I am going to do a quick sweep so they don't hit us in the rear and then work my way over to the brown guys.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Vorenus posted:

Can I get a statistical analysis of my survival odds if I charge two Clan Stars?

... Well they are not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Voting A.) it makes sense to me. Seems like a good time.

• Locked thread