Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

21rst Century Digital Boy
I'm just getting into this thread because I have been obsessing about the all the bundle stores and the gifting thread for the past month, but I have about 1/3rd complete, 1/3 played, and 1/3rd unplayed.

Does anyone use steamcompletionist.net? It's great for organizing your steam games (except you have to smark every game you have beaten when you first sign up.

I see people using backloggery, I assume that manages other gaming devices and consoles better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

Beatnik-Filmstar posted:

Worms Armageddon - Yeah. I nulled every Worms game in my backlog. I really don't get it I guess.
This game is meant to be played with a group of friends all in the same room in hot seat mode. Then whoever prods and baseball bats the most worms off the map is crowned ninja rope champion.

Other players are what make the game fun and they are also what helps you learn the secret jumping and ninja roping maneuvers because you can do crazy things such as backspace jump straight up, shoot ninja rope straight down, then push on a rope to get over objects. Alone it's basically a Scorched Earth clone, imbo! All of that said it's not for everyone and at least you got a handful of nulls out of it?

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

Downs Duck posted:

:words:
With Playfire Rewards still doing my decision making for me
:words:
What does this even mean?

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

Fart of Presto posted:

Play Fire is a game collection website owned by Green Man Gaming. When you enter their rewards beta program, you can earn money for playing games and reaching certain achievements within a set time frame.
They post these goals almost every day and transfer the money you earned to your GMG account that you can then use next time you buy games on GMG.

Downs Duck posted:

It's like Fart of Presto says, it looks like this and gets updated on a semi-daily basis:
http://blog.playfire.com/2014/04/playfire-rewards-head-2-head-winner_12.html

As explained earlier in the thread, I use it to decide on which games to play to break my backlog.
Can I get money for games if I am in America? :wth:

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

ManxomeBromide posted:

I haven't started LOVE yet but it's the kind of thing I enjoy, so I'll do that soon, I think.
If you mean that retro style platformer, you should bust it out. It is actually pretty short, maybe shorter than VVVVVV so you can crush it pretty quickly.

e: fun tunes as well

PosSibley fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Jun 22, 2014

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

Battleblock Theater - An overhyped game during Steam Sale. It's fun for the first couple of worlds but the best platformers know when to shake things up and provide variety. Rayman Legends is awesome because every level has something new and unique about it. Battleblock Theater has what I would call "Leveleditoritis". The only difference between world 1-3 and world 6-3 is that it is skinned differently and there are additional hazards. An ultimately dull, dull game, with bland humor.

Did you play this 2 player? 3 and 4 player are basically arena only etc, and 1 player is pretty uninspired. But 2 player is this glorious world where you both kill each other repeatedly on purpose or by accident. I literally dont think any of their games were worth playing single player. Anyone who played Castle Crashers single player made a serious mistake. 2 player story is emergent and lovely and the music for every bonus stage will get you in a good mood.

Like it or not, the 2 player story mode has emergent moments that are hilarious and amazing. Overhyped? sure, but uh... what kind of hype train are you hopping on if you are actually into realistic game reviews/responses.

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

B-Mac posted:

Nulled: Brothers, Tale of Two Sons.

Really wanted to keep going. The visuals and music were outstanding the story seemed fantastic as well. The dual control of the brothers seemed interesting but ultimately I didn't enjoy the game play. I guess I am just not a big puzzle game person. I would encourage people to try it out though since you can find it usually for a few bucks and it is a really well made game. Seriously, I can't get over how good the music and visuals were.

Back in the day I would probably have given these games more time but with full-time work and full-time school my game time is very limited and I need to find games that really stick with me.

I'm pretty sure Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is only like 3 hours long? Less than 5 for sure. Please go back and finish it because the ending is full of literally the most feels ever, and you like the game for all the best reasons to play the ending. SERIOUSLY tldr: play the end.

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

dhamster posted:

Started: Hand of Fate - About halfway through so far. Pretty fun. Neither the 3rd person action nor the deck building are that incredible on their own, but the combination of the two is interesting, and the game itself has a nice atmosphere, and flavor.

So it is much like the redlettermedia Pre-received describes? I don't always agree with them. Also your streams are chill, don't stop.

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

BEATEN: Towerfall Ascension - This game does have a solo mode called Quest that is kind of like Super Crate Box or Bubble Bobble. You fend off various waves of enemies either by shooting them with arrows or jumping on their heads. Some enemies have an auto-attack if you get near them or try attacking them, forcing you to keep your distance and wait for them to get stunned/dizzy. Some enemies can catch your arrows! gently caress!! The solo campaign largely exists to get you used to the arenas for when you play multiplayer, but the game has no online functionality, so gently caress that.

The quest mode is long and fulfilling with boss fights. You can do Quest mode 2 player, so invite a real friend over to your house because there is friendly fire that makes the game hectic and hilarious.

3 and 4 player arena battles rock as well, but again: if it wasn't working for you get a 2nd player with you in real life.

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

Well, I passed 150 lol. Getting near the end of the year, here's my december total so far:

It looks like so much accomplishment. This is what this thread is about, thanks for some inspiration!

:edit: also I always remember Shy Gypsy Slyly Spryly Tryst By My Crypt

PosSibley fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Jan 2, 2020

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Beat - Superliminal: A first-person puzzler that focuses on perspective, and how it can be represented in very different ways within the context of a video game. It's a very good game.

I beat this game yesterday. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The ending felt thoughtful and with purpose.

I like games like this. I used to play a perspective game called Echochrome on Playstation 3. Obviously this game also is reminiscent of Stanley Parable or Portal. Anyone have recommendations for more games like this? I've got Etherborn, Manifold Garden, and uh, Mind Scanners, but would love other recommendations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PosSibley
Jan 11, 2008

Good-Natured Filth posted:

Antechamber is a similar idea. It's light on story, but it definitely has mind-bending puzzles. Dr. Langeskov, The Tiger, and The Terribly Cursed Emerald: A Whirlwind Heist is from the creator of Stanley Parable. Light on puzzles but a great story (it's also free and short).

Oh I played Antichamber in 2013!
Thanks for the Dr. Langeskov suggstion :unsmith: