Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Akileese posted:

I thoroughly enjoy hearing Bryan Alvarez lose his poo poo over how dumb TNA is. It's actually kind of fascinating.

My favorite thing is when Bryan recaps something that happened on TNA with a totally neutral inflection, and I think of what's wrong before he tells me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxLZA_VgszU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

It is. People just don't understand his sense of humor and think he's an ignorant nerd.

He's like the Lance Storm of wrestling podcasts.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Borh posted:

Yesterday, on Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer and Alvarez went on a five minute tangent about John Cena possibly being afraid to shower, water polo, and other H20 related subjects. I have no idea why, but I enjoyed it a lot and it's a free show, so you can too.

Yeah! Dynamite Dave Meltzer got his head held underwater by bullies hundreds of times and it never caused any um yeah yeah yeah the thing about that is yep well you see um.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Please post clips of these if they're available online as audio or videos!

My favorite happens every show.

"Vinny, you have five minutes to cover _______."

"Well, on ______-"

"Stop right there, you see...(explains the last thing they were talking about)"

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Fauxhawk Express posted:

If we're talking songs on the B&V show, nothing tops "Barrel of rear end" and "You hosed~! a Pirate".

Are you serious, bro?

Alastor_the_Stylish fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 13, 2011

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

"Let's say we're in a world where Vince McMahon lives to be two-hundred years old."

"Thatwillneverhappen."

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

I almost died laughing atthe free WO show today. The topic of Rima Fakih's school came up and she'd previously claimed that there was a shooting or stabbling at her school every day which led to this exchange (paraphrasing):

Bryan: If anyone can find me a school where there was a shooting or stabbing EVERY DAY, I will give you $100
Dave: How many consecutive days does it need to be on?
Bryan: A full school year. Three-hundred-and-sixty-five days
Dave: That's going to be hard. That's a long shot. I don't think you're going to find one
Bryan: That's the point
Dave: ...................... What if it was 365 stabbings in 1 day instead?

"Okay, I'd give a hundred dollars for that too."

Never thought I'd laugh at a school shooting joke.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

James from Kentucky taught us all that Dave is his middle name, his full name is Dynamite Dave Meltzer.

Where did you think Dynamite Kid got the nickname from?

The thief.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

I'm 99% sure Deadpool assumed the identity of Dave Meltzer and has absorbed his joke killing powers.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

MassRayPer posted:

The second W doesn't stand for anything anymore.

But I'm supposed to Stand Up For WWE!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

I loving died listening to the B&V show today when they argued about whether "dick justice" was a good cause (I stand for dick justice!) or a threat (you've got some dick justice coming)

My favorite will always be "Heart Boy."

He gives crime a beating.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

B&V played Oh Susana! to start the show and they didn't know it had the line "Killed 500 friend of the family".

They edited it off. Pretty funny moment.

And also played a drop which was a modified version of NWA's gently caress da Police featuring that very same word.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Cactus Jack posted:

Corino is always a great interview, which is to his detriment as he has burnt a lot of bridges doing it.

His 9/11 story is... funny?

Can I say that?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Every time The French Stallion says "Bro," a wrestler gets his abs.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

The Shaman of Cum posted:

wwe ring is 20x20. roh ring is 18x18. please know your rings before jokes. please.

That's 76 more square feet in which to get over based on wrestling ability and charisma instead of incest storylines. They'll never make it.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Minitrue posted:

When I first starting listening to the Observer podcasts I was not impressed with this whiny voiced douche and the sperging, vague, everything is SERIOUS old guy.

Then I started to get the feeling that Dave was trolling to a degree and got used to Bryan's annoying voice.

Now I love it!

The best part is hearing Bryan inhale to move on to the next topic, and then Dave just keeps going and Bryan deflates.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Oatgan posted:

Can you imagine the nuclear heel heat someone would get for getting them self counted out to avoid bodyslams? It would be among the most dastardly moves of all time.

And then someone else runs in behind them, grabs them by the tights and the collar, and launches them back into the ring.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Granny accepted my friend request on facebook and the sun is a little brighter today. I can't wait to hear B, V, and G destroy my name.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Lamuella posted:

yeah, went on a bit of a rant about it, saying he'd learned more about booking FWA from conspiracy videos than from other promotions. Also made some weird comments about astrology, thhe moon and human bodies being "90% water" that were up there with Violent J wondering how magnets worked.

Yeah, but scientists do be lyin', and gettin' me pissed.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Finally got a chance to listen to Cliff Compton's Art of Wrestling interview. I was rolling at the match between Super Domino and Power Uti (especially the latter's comeback...)

And Power Jeff beget Power Uti, who beget Power Frank who beget Power Peter...

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

For someone whose MMA education is limited to .gif files, what's wrong with giving a shot to the guy who knocks off the number one contender?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Dave is constantly flustered and rambling when he talks about wrestling, the thing he knows better than anything else in the world.

Just imagine his composure when his son goes to the hospital.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

I enjoyed how casually he mention that Jack Evans was able to physically best another human being in unarmed combat.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

I'm not a huge fan of Todd Martin but his extensive analysis of the lawsuit against Homicide was classic.

The Assumption of Risk that Archibald Peck undertook in carrying a Flux Capacitor just slayed me.

He could get hit by a car or a meteor with that thing and go back in time to meet George Washington.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

How did I never realise that all the ITapBoys plugs on F4W are because it's Bryan's wife's site? :confused:

Personally I'm impressed at how the TEAM VIGGITY DIET turned an accomplished brazilian jiu jitsu grappler and very attractive woman into a skeleton.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Bryan needs a nap.

"So there are these chans fanting you still got it like you're a fossil"

And I think Lance caught it and chuckled.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Bryan and Dave said something on a recent observer about how "The finish to the Bryan/Punk match is obvious."

Not to me it's not! Spill the pork-less vegan friendly beans, Dave!

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Well we all know that. What part of the build indicates who she's going to side with?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's funny: Anytime you hear "Well, X is X, what can I tell you?", what that really means is "He's an rear end in a top hat, but he has something to offer, so we put up with it".

Just like how "extremely athletic" means "Black and without charisma."

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Are the Best Of shows on The Board? I avoid that evil place.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Does anyone else find it cute when Dave and Bryan dance around revealing their sources, like in today's observer when it was obviously Brock who called Dave and told him about the diverticulitis.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

I enjoyed Dave and Bryan imagining possible foreign objects for Ricardo Rodriguez. Buckets, canes, crutches... Everything but the most obvious object that already fits his gimmick and is widely accepted as a dangerous weapon.

The Microphone.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Robert Evans on AoW is absolutely golden.

"So I called for my finisher, the 450 Headbutt..."

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

I just wanted to get that shout out thing in there somewhere.

The one I submitted years and years ago is going to sound terrible when they get around to it.

"I'd like to say, good second outing against Chael Sonnen, Anderson Silva! Long armed wrestlers who can punch aren't anything to worry about.

Also, I'd like to thank TNA for an uncharacteristically sensical run of professional wrestling television programs featuring logical booking and quality matches...

WWE Network Fall 2012!"

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Who was the bitcoin guy and which show do I avoid?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

The Rocik is the people champion! Glory to the people! Glory to Soviet Union!

Are you smelling the Rocik cooking?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

A match where the fans come not to see the triumphant finish, but to see the obese man survive to a 60 minute draw.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

She was named after Aja Kong.

A. Kong was promoted and Aja cancelled (or was never actually booked).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

Or calling your credit card company and telling them to post no further charges from WWE Network.

• Locked thread