Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AMReese posted:

I wonder if Dave always has a habit of discussing TV shows and movies with wrestle-talk.

Hearing him talk about the Tiger Mask anime briefly was a treat.

Also, man, he really hates Dana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

St Evan Echoes posted:

What was the tweet of TJ Perkins that Dave brought up today?

Yeah I couldn't find anything on google. You'd think if he'd tweeted something bad, somebody would've grabbed a screenshot and it'd be up somewhere.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel like Tom mentioned at some point he wasn't bothering to send them a sample or tell them where he was.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

hahahahahah god dammit.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jackofarcades posted:

The Rock would win any election if he even had a halfway decent grasp on policy. And I'm being very loose with halfway decent here.

Only if he comes out to his entrance music at all his speeches and rallies.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Dave getting so into the idea of the president being someone he knows was way cuter than a jacked 57 year old has any right to be.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hahaha, Dave thinks they're gonna do a Braun/Roman program for Mania.

I really loving hope that happens.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey where the heck do I find the Observer Awards?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm skipping huge swaths of today's WOR cause I don't wanna hear anything about WK11, 'cause I think I might just wind up buying NJW to watch it 'cause everybody says it's so loving great and apparently there's a 45 goddamn minute match, and they're talking it up like the whole thing was so good every time I skip ahead. Was this show just the end all be all or what?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"He didn't always have the best judgment in what he would blow up."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PaybackJack posted:

There was a bit of victim blaming. He wasn't intentionally doing it, and it was kind of partially that he thought her phone was stolen rather than hacked, but I would be surprised it he didn't get some heat for the way he was presenting his argument.

I think he was more trying to explain the perspective the company might have.

At any rate, I thought it was Brad Maddox's poo poo that got hacked, not Paige's? I'm so out of the loop on the internet bone zone leak.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

algebra testes posted:

I remember that episode. Bryan is so pissed off he bitches about Rovert for like fifteen minutes before the episode proper.

Please somebody tell me they know what episode this is.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The image of a 14 year old Bayley showing up to try and watch WrestleMania at Dave's house and getting told to shove off is delightful.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/850469638823591936

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/850526541553352704

I dunno why people try and come at Dave, he makes them look like fools so effortlessly every time.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/850857194220277760

This might be my favorite tweet from him all weekend.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"Wow. I'm gettin' pretty mad, here." - Dave Meltzer, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The last time Emma was on TV was like a month ago! :stare:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cardboard Box posted:

dave: it doesn't matter, wcw used to do this all the time
bryan: that company is dead.

I came here to post this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
drat Dave, you knock back a few tonight?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

St Evan Echoes posted:

A copy editor might improve some of those long rambling sentences that sometimes change direction or subject matter completely mid-way through. So I don't want Dave to get a copy editor.

This. Dave going off on tangents in text form is one of the highlights of the newsletter.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Muddy Burphy posted:

How is Bryan still on this kick where he's convinced Heath Slater is lying about having kids?

At one point, the story definitely was that Heath was full of poo poo regarding his seven kids, but it may have just quietly become true because he got so over.

Like, up to a certain point, the story was definitely "Heath has a real wife and two real daughters that he would do absolutely anything for, but we're never seeing them and this family he's talking about on TV is a complete work of fiction."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

St Evan Echoes posted:

Today I added "Raw is like a Big Mac" to bryananalogies.docx

I need to know what this is in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Maybe we could get back to other things for like, forever. And not keep coming back to this, constantly.

That'd be cool.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

CVagts posted:

I can't wait until people get real mad at Big Dave's Takeover star ratings. It already happened some on Saturday.

People gonna get so mad over a quarter star. I can feel it already.

(I will get very mad on line when DIY/AoP only gets 3.75)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/867937060346146816

He's said this a few times, what does it mean? :confused:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel like Kenny can just wait out Vince entirely if he wants. He's 33, he's not a super young guy, but he's young enough that the balance of his career will probably outlast Vince's career as the top creative presence in WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Funnily enough, AJ himself thinks it's important for new guys to go through NXT and not just in a "gotta learn where the hard cam is" way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0_Bx0ME9CY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8-JEJ3XYnQ

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I listened to the B&V for Extreme Rules and the palpable relief that guys working for Figure Four get when Bryan tells them they don't have to review Raw is so hilariously relatable.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/872957593701957632

Oh, Dave. :allears:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and say I'd believe Alvarez over TJP in that scenario.

They killed Charlotte's streak a month before Wrestlemania because her being 16-0 would make Cena not be the only "16" in the company, which is...what?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've always just viewed it as such:
- People "in the business" like to believe or like to project the idea that the wrestling business is extremely complicated and that us dumb marks would never understand it without also being "in the business" first.
- Wrestling isn't that complicated, and what about it is complicated is just the insane, nonsensical unwritten rule carny bullshit that most people would immediately disregard as being stupid and archaic.
- Dave is a pretty common sense no bullshit guy who cuts through all the carny poo poo and just talks about wrestling in a common sense, logical way.
- This is :siren: exposing the business :siren:.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Russo is Jeff Fisher, except Jeff Fisher could actually get a job up until last year.

So football is dumber than wrestling, I suppose?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Call Me Charlie posted:

Somebody on /r/squaredcircle clipped it

https://streamable.com/ybnps (link will probably die soon. they're quick on the takedown notices)

I genuinely thought Cornette just hated Russo because of his godawful writing and all it did to "expose" the business.

That is genuinely colossally lovely of him. Wow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

PaybackJack posted:

Cornette references the Russo/Balor stuff from a few months ago as well. Russo said Balor looks like a kid and didn't have a good body so a guy sends Russo a picture of Balor looking ripped and Russo's response was basically look at all theae gay fans who have pictures of half-naked men.

Highlight from that is this exchange
Cornette's buddy: "So does that mean this whole time he's been writing homoerotic fiction?"
Cornette: "Apparently! And not even good homoerotic fiction!"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man, Dave and Bryan have had a really rough go with thus stuff the last few months. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So I'm catching up on WORs and Dave's talking about how Omega/Okada II is almost definitely gonna be MotY after he was dead certain Omega/Okada I was gonna be MotY and now I'm just wondering if both of those matches are gonna split the vote and like Cena/AJ at the Rumble or Bate/Dunne winds up taking it instead. :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It will be Braun/Roman because neither Okada/Omega match had Braun do a Superfly Splash in it.

They're saving that for Okada/Omega III.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jesus christ, I bet Braun still has nightmares about those knees.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do kinda wish he'd give the most token kind of spoiler warning before talking about betting odds before a PPV, at least.

Like, "this is planned for this event months from now" is fine, "these are the odds and they're probably final two days before the PPV" is. Less fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I remember when I thought worst match and worst feud of the year were a lock.

• Locked thread