Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The LAW in Canada did an interview with Lance Russell talking about Jackie Fargo as well as other stuff:
http://fightnetwork.com/news/39782:intervi...phis-wrestling/

Nothing ground breaking but it is an hour in Lance's warm, reassuring company. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Steve Austin's Scott Hall interview was great, great stuff.

Perigryn posted:

On today's Observer Radio, Bryan and Dave read a few of the #AskDixie tweets.

Kind of a stilted bit that didn't really work I thought.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Wednesday: Lance Storm says Neville is the NXT guy most eager for his advice.

The only thing I remember from that Paul London meets Raven shoot interview thing for Highspots. Was Raven of all people talking about giving then PAC about his promos. Which Raven thought was his only stumbling block to him becoming a major star.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Often the best shows on the site

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Former NXT Creative and Worldwide trending topic Rob Naylor's welcome return to the podcast game:

quote:

DR. KEITH PRESENTS: Excalibur, Naylor, OH MY!!!

The return of Excalibur after 7 months, the return of Rob Naylor after 2 YEARS, all on the same show??? FOR FREE? You betcha! It's one of the biggest DKP's of the year and we're previewing Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's biggest month ever! The Tenth Anniversary show with an insanely stacked lineup, Battle Of Los Angeles with loads of new faces possibly including W*NG KANEMURA, and so much more is discussed on the show. A must for any fan of PWG, hell a must for any fan of wrestling! Tell your friends, tell your brother, tell your mother, tell your dog! The DKP has a show for them! Only place to listen to it is right here at http://www.f4wonline.com - CHECK IT!!!

http://media001.f4wonline.com/free/072813dks.mp3

SO HAPPY!

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Lesson of that show seems to be get trained by Lance and not Brutal Bob Evans.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Listen to the first few minutes of the Oscar F4D.

Trust me and you are best going unspoiled. Poor Bryan.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Dave cryptically hinted that he's talked to Vince recently.

More of a humble brag with saying "more recently than some realise."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Bryan Alvarez comes off as a dumb person when it comes to TNA. There's no historical precedent with the current creative staff or any previous ones to pull off an angle and stick to it to payoff.

Him and Dave Lagana are friends. He isn't going to Russo-level trash it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

HulkaMatt posted:

I liked Semp trying to get Dave to say if Tanahashi made it into the HOF.

We got the sequel this morning with Bryan and AJ Styles. Have to say Dave has been pretty good stuffing the takedowns so to speak but his tone seemed suggest AJ got absolutely zero votes.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Some upcoming podcast announcements:

Lance Storm said he is taping an Art of Wrestling tomorrow

Wade Keller and Steve Austin are exchanging podcasts. Steve on the PWTorch Livecast and Wade on the Austin Unleashed show this week

CM Punk will be on WTF with Marc Maron on Monday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO-b7SeI7EM

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bard Maddox posted:

Apparently Big Dave is going to be on Stone Cold's show in the near future.

Enshrining the idea that the only way to get Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Hall of Fame is voting in Wade Keller first.

triplexpac posted:

I can't even imagine Stone Cold and Dave Meltzer interacting.

Meltzer & Austin's actual relationship is somewhat of a mystery to me too despite both being very close friends with Brian Pillman. Dave always has the story of Austin & Pillman ringing him after the Hollywood Blonds vs Flair/Arn Clash match for the overnight rating and being crushed on Dave's rotation of stories.

Dave is besties with the Rock too obviously.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

triplexpac posted:

Yeah that's right, I forgot about that. I dunno though, I feel like Austin's podcast is a bit more personal, whereas Observer Radio isn't as much "shootin the poo poo about whatever comes up"

I completely know what you mean but Dave is a bit more freewheeling on non-Alvarez/LAW podcasts.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

LordPants posted:

Hunter is "skeptical" about the American Wolves. :negative: :psyduck:

Mike Johnson earlier this week seemed to quote Triple H directly. Triple H is openly telling people WWE has "too many Tyson Kidds" as in mechanically awesome but wont add one casual fan.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Rarity posted:

The WWE fanbase is very different to the indie fanbase and responds to entirely different qualities.

There's a huge market in people who want to see larger than life personalities and bodies. It is what made 80s WWF so popular or why Great Khali has a job. Wrestling will always have a circus element.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gonzo McFee posted:

The problem with the circus analogy is that a circus is made up of all different body types, not just the strongmen and twinks.

What Vince and HHH want is a turkish bath house.

Also remember the time HHH said that nobody would believe that Kurt Angle could be WWE champion because he was too small? Good times.

That's fair.

Will never argue WWE is rational or coherent.

But the causal fan "look at him" factor shouldn't discounted.

Memento posted:

Anyone having problems with downloading the Art of Wrestling podcast from tsmradio? It used to be that when you downloaded them, you'd get the entire thing, now it just seems to be the introduction. Also, the player at Stitcher sucks a dick. I can't install iTunes on my work PC, otherwise I would just do that.

I just get the last fifteen minutes or so initially. I have to then wait two days or so to download the full complete show on Downcast. Only podcast I have that issue with.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

dsriggs posted:

Future guest on the Steve Austin Show: Vince McMahon

Quite franky

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Capsaicin posted:

Listening to a lot of older BnV shows, and god, Crumbley is just an all together fascinating person.

I've known the real person for a good while and a more decent person than him is very hard to find most genuinely. Simply the best.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

getitoffgetitoff posted:

So what was the Lita/AJ cartoon Dave was describing?

https://31.media.tumblr.com/2ebe13ca3fa7d9b35b1507733de43f64/tumblr_inline_mxwayaRy021sol6xt.jpg

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Awesome interview with the Shield on the Onnit Podcast of all places:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/41820777?utm_campaign=t.co&utm_source=ustre-am&utm_medium=social

Available in iTunes.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Yeah the Brent segment was an ambush.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
For a WWE contracted talent Dean Ambrose swears up a storm on today's Art of Wrestling.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
It is and it isn't. It is largely him being grumpy about his time on the indies on a non-specfic basis with little if at all WWE/NXT talk.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Really recommend this:
http://wrestlefolks.wordpress.com/2014/02/04/wrestlefolks-41-leonard-f-chikarason

CHIKARA talk starts 38:30 mark. Lots of insider notes and criticisms too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Always knew it as a guilty pleasure promo personally. Ultimate Warrior-type stuff.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

After Dark this week had Bryan admitting he had absolutely no idea what his (loving idiot) guest was talking about, as well as the first instance I can remember of him actually making fun of a caller. Someone called in saying that fluoride in the water clogged up people's pineal glands and he just said "well, I've been drinking fluoridated water for over 30 years so that must be why my third eye's never opened. Very few cavities though, I will say that"

Haven't listened yet but someone on the Observer board asked:

quote:

Dunno why this interested me so much, but around 45 minutes someone calls in then it cuts to Bryan saying 'YEAH YEAH YEAH' and cutting off the phones, what did the guy say? Must of been bad if Bryan cut it out after the show was done.

Anyway, great show, like the format of random stuff in the first hour and an interview in the second.

Same person? Did you listen live, TomWaitsForNoMan?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Joyous news for MLW listeners:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The legendary Jim from Virginia has a BlogTalkRadio show?

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The Buff Bagwell interview was surprisingly good. Crazy stories but he does seem clean from drugs.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wonder if Dave knows more than he's letting on in regards to Cena.

Dave was also the first person to spot Tanahashi being hurt/slowing down too.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Surprised Dave didn't mention Dana White or Chael Sonnen.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Is Macklemore really an Observer subscriber/ F4W~! Empire member?

Bryan's wife bought some merch from him and it got mixed in with the presents for the Bryan & Vinny Christmas show.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Meltzer did an 11 minute promo burying the gently caress out of Magnus for being so stupid/close minded. Magnus write a column in Fighting Spirit Magazine in which he always comes off a massive dickhead even before he turned heel. He very much comes from the school of that there is a Wrestler-Fan divide that supercedes evidence and reason. Meaning that fans should never be critical and just "enjoy the show."

Anyway in this particular article he lumped the Wrestling media together and called them parasites due a report stating Magnus dropped the title because John Gabruick didn't like him.

I think a Wrestlezone type newzsite reported that Eric Young was a "Gabruick guy" and Magnus was a "Dixie guy." I don't recall the Observer, Torch or PWInsider reporting it. Magnus all said numbers were up across the board when he was Champion and left the belt in a better position than it was before he won it. Both laughable claims.

So Dave gave him a lecture about what an industry media does and the value of reading the Observer. It was great.

rovert fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 22, 2014

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Free link to the Conference call audio:
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/prowrestlingdotnet/2014/05/28/0528-prowrestlingnet-podcast--triple-h-conference-call

Triple H's WHO? to Dave was the best. He went from very impressive and professional Vice President to goofball DX member in seconds. :D

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Don't forget about Chris Hero

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I think anyone is bad idea but if you HAD to do it, it's gotta be Neville.

I've seen discussions in the past where the consensus view was that Sami Calihan/Solomon Crowe could be a good 4th member if you HAD to add a 4th.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oatgan posted:

Just don't put anybody in The Shield. It's over. It's done.

Harris Twins & Jeff Jarrett

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Last night's IMPACT made John Pollock and Wai Ting contemplate no longer covering the show and Bryan and Vinny on F4WOnline boycotting IMPACT for a month.

• Locked thread