Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Goog posted:

Jack Krauser could explain it better than I, but hit me up on Twitter or AIM (both GoogTheGoog) and I'll do what I can to help.

I appreciate it, but I finally figured it out! Something as simple as copy/pasting your mp3 link that has https instead of http will block iTunes. The more you know *~~~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Sweeney Tom posted:

On last night's UFC, the champ Jon Jones won a fight, but broke his big toe severely. I mean, it was in a completely different direction than it should be, and broke badly enough that it was bleeding. And Dave basically said "oh I doubt it hurt, trust me, just walk it off"

The post fight where you could visibly see Jon Jones' adrenaline wearing off and the pain starting to set in was incredible. Only a total spergburger (Dave M.) wouldn't pick up on that.

(Pain don't hurt) - Patrick Swayze

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The promo is fine, complaining about production values in ROH is something people need to get over or get out on. It IS rather long, I agree, most BrisBro promos are a bit rambly. At least it's not another gently caress YOU MAN UP BOYS COME GET SOME MAN UP promo.

I feel like Colt is having more fun traveling to dorky little indies and wrestling his style and doing AoW than he would be right now wrestling in ROH for the same or slightly more money. I don't get bitter from the way he talks about ROH (okay, bitter towards Cornette, yes) just more coming to to the fact he's never gonna be a guy who gets picked up by WWE

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Question for the PSP:

Let's assume Bobby Lashley finally debuts for ROH around September (Glory by Honor?). Fantasy book his first couple of months/feuds through Final Battle. You should probably fast track this question.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

DrVenkman posted:

Man I kind of wish they had just continued doing WWF PPV's, or just switched to WCW to carry on the Hulkamania era (You could argue that would take them right into TNA as well). However, "Doink Brah, You're making kids cry Brah" will never not be funny to me.

Yeah I'm surprised they didn't go to WMX at least because that takes you through the "Death" of Hulkamania and Bret and Shawn's start to the top.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

NienNunb posted:

PunchMen SomethingOrAnother: What are the best WWE-produced video packages?

My Way.

The end.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Rarity posted:

Pisscast/Punchcast: If you could have a wrestling match against anyone, who would it be?

my waifu~~ AJ Lee

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt let me pick my own theme music and I've never been happier with a decision I made.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MRT predicted BDV would win the Big Daddy shoot battle royale simply because he could lay in the center of the ring and no one could deadlift him. This still holds true.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Skunkrocker posted:

:stare:

Is the other guy a wrestler too?

Cliff Compton, formerly one of the whateverthefuck they were called. The greaser tag team with Cherry.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

The Goog posted:

This happened.

Topics: 1. Daniel Bryan standing tall at the end of Raw
2. Brock Lesnar FINALLY laid out Undertaker
3. WrestleMania predictions
4. Belt chat
5. Was Undertaker a good WON Hall of Famer in 2004?
6. WRESTLER OF THE WEEK: HORNSWOGGLE
7. Which Pokemon do you think would be the most delicious?
8. Why does Alberto Del Rio have bad chemistry with everyone except Dolph Ziggler and Christian?
9. With the benefit of hindsight, how would you have booked Batista from his return?
10. What wrestler(s) do you think will enter politics after they retire?

I'd really like to listen to my favorite PSP Podcast but Tindeck keeps not playing it. Anyone else having this issue?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lost my poo poo at the Randy Orton animation.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

VogeGandire posted:

New Attitude Era Podcast Episode: Survivor Series 1999.

I know that it's just gonna sound like me apologizing for rape jokes, but I'd recommend checking them out beyond just that stuff. It's the first time I can recall seriously thinking "Guys, not cool." Because normally they're hilarious.

Yeah, same. I think it's a fantastic podcast and I got what they were going for with the joke it was just presented poorly. Apparently Bass filed a sexual harassment lawsuit when she left WWF and they were joking about how much of a beast she is but it came off bad. I'm not sure the word "rape" was ever used though.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

LividLiquid posted:

We're not quitting. Just taking a break. Because, yes, we are getting a little jaded.

I think you need someone on there who isn't as jaded because the show is an echo chamber. Dissenting opinions yall.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Russo is back so let's play the game where everything's made up and the belts don't matter.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm 27 and in a post-bacc program and an 18 year old asked me out on a date cause she thought I "couldn't be older than 20."

Cringe.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Even as a little kid I didn't love Warrior except for a brief period of time at and around Wrestlemania 6. Even stranger cause I loved giant painted cartoons (Demolition was my favorite).

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Literally The Worst posted:

Tank Abbott did rule. Tank Abbot, boy band enthusiast is the Best Gimmick. Tank Abbott inexplicably cutting out the two circles on his 3 Count shirt for his nipples not so much.

He was influenced by Regina George.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Any time I had to rent a car I rented one of the cheapest pieces of poo poo ever. I would continue to do so if I were world champ. :colbert:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

MassRafTer posted:

I think his remark that he couldn't wait however long it would take for it to heal indicated he had. He's just too stubborn to listen to their advise, so he went to two chiropractors instead, plus some other non doctors.

He should probably start waving crystals over it.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

HulkaMatt we're over.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Perigryn posted:

Is it 2-3 min long?

The episode number increases by 6 each week.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

There's not a release thread anymore. Who got released?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I finally started getting into AEReview after loving OSWReview and now I'm wondering why MRT hasn't started a WCW Review.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ICHIBAHN posted:

Listened to the show? He used the term "dyke".

You can take the man out of Texas but you can't take the Texas out of the man.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Tokyo Slutty Gal posted:

So who is the promotion Dave alluded to Spike being in talks with about the TNA timeslot? He said it isn't who you'd expect so not ROH, can't be GFW since it doesn't exist, NJPW seems unlikely... thinking about it Traditional Championship Wrestling (have a weekly internet TV show, get good attendances) or House of Hardcore (Tommy Dreamer connection) seem like possibilities.

AAA USA?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Cena should probably stick to what he does best and that's punch and do five moves of doom. He is a great performer but he's not great at doing wrasslin moves.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Backlash 2000 not being Wrestlemania 2000 was goddamned criminal and so unbelievably stupid.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Stuff like this is actually really helpful. I've tried looking into the New Japan threads before but it's kinda like the WWE discussion thread in that it lists current champions and has people talking about what's going on right now and not much else as far as newbie information.

Might just jump in and try to learn from there. I recognize AJ Styles so there's a start I suppose.

Do it. I'll answer questions and so will everyone else. We love new blood.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

triplexpac posted:

It's kind of eerie, in this weeks old Observer he notes that "There wasn't much wrestling (20 minutes in a two hour show) but the Raw on 12/29 from the Nassau Coliseum was maybe the best Raw in a while"

Of course they had a much better show than us, featuring "Goldust dressed up as the New Year baby in a diaper with a large bottle doing his reading with the exaggerated stereotypical voice. Steve Austin came out and they dropped (clumsily I might add) an outhouse from the ceiling and Austin put Goldust in it twice, turning it over the second time"

:stare: I had no recollection of this but, uh, yeah https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXEGabD2a5k

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I would happily watch 100 Ascension matches over one Davey Richards match.

Condolences.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Alain Post posted:

I love it because it's maybe the stupidest spot I've seen in my life

You didn't see Jeff Hardy in TNA, huh?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Muddy Burphy posted:

"California man receives the RAW rating... you won't believe what happens next"

One trick this man used to get out of his WWE contract. WWE hates him!

spoilers: its MRSA

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Onmi posted:

They're acting friendly when they're "Opponents' on sunday.

The conversation ended with a discussion on people saying wrestling isn't real. It wasn't a kayfabe interview.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh man AE Podcast on Summerslam 2000. Memories. My friends and I ordered it after a long hiatus from wrestling and were really digging it. Then my parents come home during the bra and panties stinkface match because OF COURSE THEY DO.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Lumbermouth posted:

So far, the best part of the Jericho/Ambrose paranormalcast is finding out how much Bo Dallas and Bray Wyatt love Ancient Aliens.

Shows like Ancient Aliens or that 50 minute Youtube about the Illuminati messages in Back to the Future are incredible because they're just mislabeled shows about undiagnosed mental disorders.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

If men do anything that has been sectioned off as "feminine" or "for girls" based on years of market research, statistical analysis or pink-washed advertising their penises turn inside out. Gender roles exist for a reason and it is your own safety.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dave is the WWE of wrestling journalism. With no real competition he can coast and keep making the same mistakes. At least he's consistently good.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I'm ten minutes in to the Vince Russo History of WCW 2000 and I've already been force fed a bigger heap of poo poo than ever in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's sooooo full of poo poo in his Kayfabe Commentaries videos. I couldn't watch him on there. It's more fun when someone's a straight shooter who doesn't give a gently caress anymore like Kevin Nash or New Jack.

This would be a really fun stream watch.

• Locked thread