Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

triplexpac posted:

Dave's old timey wrestling detour was one of the longest Meltzer soliloquies in a while, I think. Bryan could have gone and played with the cats for like 10 minutes.

It was amazing. Only Dave can take a quick note about how Sailor Art Thomas wasn't really a hall of famer and turn it into a 10 minute monologue on the career of Bearcat Wright.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Is there something wrong with the RSS feed? I keep getting "URL not found" errors when downloading through podcast republic. It just started yesterday.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Rodney the Piper posted:

I hated Mania and holy gently caress is this wrong.

It was third behind the IC title match and the triple thread for the women's title for me. I know it's all a matter of opinion but that's how I feel.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

For those who don't want to read the whole thing, Brent bought some kind of Jewish necklace on credit for $275 with plans to give it to Missy Hyatt. He never met Missy during the weekend and attempted to pawn the necklace off onto Bryan, Craig and the Nasty Boys to give to Missy but they wouldn't do it. He had a plan to meet Ric Flair at Wrestlecon and give it to Flair to give to Missy because Flair's ex-wife was Jewish and he would understand, but that never materialized.

During the F4W dinner, he had to beg for money for a cab to a synagogue because he didn't budget for transportation once he was in Dallas.

He went to the Ric Flair party at Fishbone across from Mania to attempt to give him the necklace there but Flair was already gone again, so he gave it to a bartender because she said she was Jewish.

I am still not convinced that Brent Kremen is a real person.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Well this B&V show is a gold mine. The contest had me in tears.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

BlueArmyMan posted:

For those who would rather skip the Brent train wreck, it ends about 26:17 or so

I'm gonna give it like...5-7 minutes tops.

e: Make it 3. I'm done. Jesus loving christ.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 13, 2016

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

mkay0 posted:

Dave talking about Plus-sized models being 'in' right now was outstanding

He's not wrong about that. The funny part is, they pretty much consider a plus sized model to be any girl over 105 pounds regardless of height. Maybe they mean tall.

It was a bizarre rant, even by Dave standards.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Alain Post posted:

i thought it was completely reasonable, imagine if someone made "he's really good looking!" body-positive comments about like, 1993 Vader or some poo poo

Sorry. I meant there are a lot of things you can complain about with regards to Nia Jax, them calling her a plus size model (whether it's true or not) seems like a weird thing to call them out on.

If this were 1996 I could see it, but the way they run the company now it makes sense that they would talk her up for her work outside of WWE because they're obsessed with that.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

RaceyBucket posted:

Bring back strict kayfabe IMHO!

This is Dave's ideal world.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

I get what he was trying to say but holy poo poo that is a very dumb thing to say.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

Speaking of which the latest Big Audio Nightmare gives that wonderful joy that G1 season brings, where they get roughly 2/3rds of the way through their picks for the entire tournament, start doing the math and realize how badly they've hosed up and try to fix it with their predicted results to follow :allears:

There is ALWAYS a moment they reach where they go,"And in this match <X> will win giving them 12 points and..... wait. Uh......" and I love it every time.

I'm not a big audio nightmare fan but I listen to this show every year because 1) they're the only people who do it afaik and 2) it's a fun trainwreck.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Bryan asking if Finn was going to wrestle in drag as well since "he already did the paint" was p good. In fact, that whole segment was pretty drat funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Platypus Farm posted:

That would actually be wonderful

I mean Finn has beat him clean twice now, once after Bray jumped him to get an advantage. There's no other reason to even have a third match so gently caress it, evening gown match!

• Locked thread