Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Reveilled posted:

I'd say better. Unless the person who said it is actually a racist or something, the statement itself is genuine ignorance rather than what we usually mean when we say "ignorant" which is "dumb and racist".

I actually think someone honestly believing the Egyptian gods are still widely worshipped in Egypt today is so dumb it's sort of cute. :3:
I'd like it more if he was using it sarcastically. As if to point out that the premise of the Abrahamic religions isn't any more or less absurd than worshiping sun gods or sexy cat-head deities so why WOULDN'T Egyptians have stuck to their guns and kept with it :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
What's funny to me is that this past week I've been playing through Just Cause 2 on my pc, which if you're unfamiliar is a game where you're basically displacing the regime in this fictional south pacific island nation. Every time you do some mission and destroy government facilities you see these TV announcements about how everything is fine and the people love their glorious leader. Then I exit and flip back over to this thread or the AJE feed and it's like the same thing but with real life people being killed.

Edit: also this dissident chick on AJE is hot.

davebo fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Feb 21, 2011

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
Didn't someone say Obama was going to speak like an hour ago? Did that happen yet?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Brown Moses posted:

The Guardian has put up this pdf of what they think the situation in Libya is.

I refuse to believe VW has sold that many Touaregs in western Libya.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Apology posted:

Istanbul was Constantinople?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Xandu posted:

edit: Wait, maybe not, that post was kind of hard to understand. Why did he go to Benghazi?

I didn't get that either. What kind of facility is it?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
I've got some down time at work right now. Did that sex tape of the princess ever get released?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Lareous posted:

Whatever suffering has been endured thus far, I'd say this makes it all worth it.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Tadhg posted:

:ughh:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Monkeytime posted:

Twitter is going crazy with reports of the military massacring protesters in Bahrain. Some very nsfw video, one from the street and one from a hospital:

http://twitpic.com/49q9o7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tkG7jkUYTg&feature=youtu.be&oref=http%3A%2F%2Ftwitterfall.com%2F&has_verified=1

There are reports that the military is entering hospitals and killing doctors, but nothing has been verified as far as I know.

It probably goes without saying, but this is all very sad.

I really thought the internet had numbed me to just about everything over the decades, but I kinda wish I hadn't watched that.

Edit: why even bother bringing someone in that condition into a hospital bed?

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Slantedfloors posted:

If they actually do anything that requires effort or picking a side to support, they won't later be able to claim they were neutral but that they were always rooting for whichever faction wins.

But wouldn't a bunch of nations agreeing (especially the U.S.) to support one side pretty much dash any hopes the Ghaddafi forces had of winning and prompt most of them to jump ship? As many defectors as they've had so far, I can only imagine how many would switch sides just seeing American planes zooming by.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice
It'd be nice if once word of mobilization got out Gaddafi's forces just sort of all gave up at once. I feel kind of bad going in there and destroying all their expensive military gadgets, then shortly thereafter a new and free Libyan government is formed and doesn't have a single tank to its name.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

Gonkish posted:

At this point I just want to see the fucker strung up by the Libyans.
Shows what you know. Men don't even have libyans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

OAquinas posted:

That's a fake account. ("Denald")Still, ouch.

I still refuse to the believe @realDonaldTrump actually belongs to a person running for President of the Unites States. It's all parody to me.

• Locked thread