Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Koivunen posted:

My baby just turned 13 months, and I haven’t got my period yet. I’m only breastfeeding in the morning and before bed, which I enjoy, but I’m wondering if I need to stop since we want to start trying for #2 soon. Any advice for weaning completely off the boob?

Both of my kids just suddenly nope'd around 1 year. One got a fever from hand-foot-mouth disease and just did not have the energy. One was fine but just got impatient and summer was too hot and the bottle was more efficient.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Go to the park, take some classes, and you'll meet cool parents eventually.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Woah, good luck tomorrow!!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It doesn't have to be someone you know. My daughter's middle name is Ray. That's 1/3 sunshine, 1/3 Achewood and 1/3 Evangelion. It'll be available for her if she ever wants it…

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I attended a virtual baby shower. We ate ice cream in sync. There was 1 game, a quiz about news and trends in the mother's birth year. The rest was just chatting. Maybe 10 people? Small and simple was good.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

My husband was out of the room both times and it was correct and good.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Carotid posted:

My due date was August 21st and I ended up giving birth to my baby girl on the 22nd! We now have a one-month-old and she's the most amazing little beast, I love her to pieces.

:3 :3 :3 :3

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Hadlock posted:

How many labor false alarms did everyone have before you decided to go to the hospital

Also how much crying happened, and how soon before labor.

We're at 39w3d or something, definitely something hormonal changed in the last 72 hours, no "real" contractions yet

Yes, usual disclaimer that every pregnancy is different etc etc

I was told Braxton Hicks but it was real actual early labor and I failed the monitor test and was suddenly stuck in a hospital bed with an IV for 2-3 weeks.
Soon. You'll make it through.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Plan was 4 years because the newborn sleep(less) cycle is crazy we can't pay for double college. Life happened and they are 5 years apart and it's good and nice.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

My friend's second kid was born 5 days before the first turned 1. Don't do that! The rivalry is intense, but she can blast through daycare and school easily.
One of my husband's old classmates also had kids just 1 year apart … exactly at the beginning and end of the school year so they're in the same grade :roflolmao: Don't do that !!!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Question, did any of you get massive headaches, nausea, vomiting etc. after spinal anesthesia? My friend had knee surgery this week and he was nervous about the lumbar anesthesia. I told him "they do this to pregnant women every day!"
Now his post-op side effects suggest spinal headache/CSF leak. It's slowly getting better, but some reassurance would be helpful.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Our 1st didn't use pacifier, and putting her to bed was hard. Our 2nd used a pacifier, and putting her to bed was easy. The modern ones don't give them bad teeth. Thank you, pacifier. (Graduating from the pacifier was a little more complicated.)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We had two, of course. One got used so much it got a tear/crack. I had her throw it away by herself.
A few months later, the other pacifier got lost. I found it 2-3 days later, but it was time to move on. I deliberately cracked it (rolled a car over it) and "found" it when she was watching. She threw it away by herself.
This was already at almost-3 years old. But she did/does fall asleep by herself.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Otoh my friend made her kid quit the pacifier before he was ready and he switched to thumbsucking which is worse in most ways. You just can't win!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Silent Linguist posted:

I was never able to get baby to latch (the lactation consultants at the hospital kind of sucked and barely spent ten minutes with us), so I’ve been exclusively pumping and supplementing with formula. No regrets, he’s an 11 pound beast at five weeks and seems to be healthy and that’s all I care about.

Did you try again with a nipple shield now that babby is bigger and more experienced? Pumping long-term would be too much stress for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Omg it's perfect