Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Medullah posted:

I'm a SERO holder still, my upgrade is coming up on July 1st. Best option still calling telesales?

You can always just go to a corporate Sprint store, have them change your plan so they can sell you the phone, then call SERO support and have them switch it back. It sounds risky but I've done it twice and and SERO support is so cool about it. No questions asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

e.pilot posted:

Does HD voice work on the 5S?

Yes, almost all of my phone calls with my girlfriend and my mom over the past few weeks have been HD. It's actually surprisingly good.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Do Sprint repair centers repair iPhones at all or just replace them? I have a malfunctioning proximity sensor.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Thanks. I'm probably gonna sell it soon so I'd almost rather get it completely replaced so it's in better condition. Plus the closest Sprint store is a mile away and the closest Apple Store is like 50 miles.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Don't get me wrong, a Sprint is pretty bad, but it's never been bad enough for me to justify any of the "unusable" hyperbole I read on here from time to time. It must be a very location specific thing.

That being said, I have almost zero complaints ever since LTE launched in my area.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So my fiance and I are each on individual SERO 500 plans, meaning we spend somewhere in the neighborhood of $70-80 a piece per month. Are we better off just getting on the same account and getting on a newer share plan? I tried crunching some numbers but I just want to make sure I'm thinking of all the pros and cons.

Here's what I came up with:

Pros:
Saving $$$
Only 1 bill
Can shop for phones anywhere instead of only corporate Sprint stores

Cons:
Losing unlimited data (not sure this matters, I haven't used more than 4GB like, ever)
???

I don't know, I guess I don't see the point of the SERO account anymore.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Did anyone buy a 6 or 6+ last year on launch day at a Sprint store? If so how was the line/stock?

I'm moderately worried my fiancé won't get her rose gold 6s tomorrow. I would've preordered but we're out of town right now so I have to just go to the closest Sprint Store (because SERO, ugh).

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Wizard of Smart posted:

How'd this work out for you?

No issue getting phones, as there were only 4 other ppl in line when it opened.

No 16GB rose golds in stock though so my fiancé had to get a gold one. Also, the sprint system hosed up and I had to come back 2 hours later.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

EdEddnEddy posted:

My I ask, when it comes to an NFC payment option. Why are there so many other solutions instead of a standard, NFC = Same as Card Swipe by any loaded CC you put in your phone?

Because then essentially your phone would be broadcasting your credit card info. The solutions are complicated because in theory they're safer.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Switching from an iPhone 5S to a 6S, I am able to utilize Sprint Spark. My LTE speeds tripled, both upload and download. Pretty impressive.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

GoatSeeGuy posted:

This seems both necessary and a really bad idea on Sprints part.

http://recode.net/2015/09/30/sprint-to-hike-unlimited-data-plan-costs-by-10-starting-oct-16/

As I type this my new 6S is getting between .86 and 1.92 Mbps down on LTE.

I pulled 46 Mbps yesterday.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Chaotic Flame posted:

Is there a good map of NYC sprint coverage? I feel like my data speeds are consistently all over the place no matter where I go.

I doubt that has anything to do with coverage and is probably just network congestion.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

IOwnCalculus posted:

Speaking of moving off of Sprint... When I request a domestic unlock for my wife's iPhone 5s, do I have to be ready to port it out right away or can I get it done way ahead of time?

According to Sprint's own policy, any device that is eligible to be domestic unlocked is automatically unlocked by Sprint when all conditions are met (end of contract/lease paid off, account in good standing, etc)

Whether that actually happens that way is another matter. But if it doesn't, it sounds like you can just request it ahead of time.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So my wife and I are on (separate) SERO 500 plans and will probably upgrade to the iPhone 7 when it comes out. With this new development of them moving people off SERO 500, are we better off just switching to Verizon, T-Mobile, or AT&T and getting a share plan? We're paying like $70/mo. or so right now x2. So $140 and plus whatever extra they're going to charge us for SERO Unlimited. (Is it $10 per line or $20?)

Neither one of us uses that much data since we use wifi both at home and at work. The most I've used in the past year+ is 4.1GB and her's is more like 2.5GB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
My wife and I finally combined our accounts and got rid of the SERO plans. The end of an era. I started working for Sprint in the fall of 2006 so it had been a good 11 year run with either an employee plan or a SERO plan after I left the company. But there were just constantly too many hoops to jump through and the cost wasn't making sense anymore. I'm not sure if we'll even stay with Sprint, but for the time being at least I can finally buy my phones wherever the hell I want. Sprint is the worst.

edit: wow, actually I started working for them in 2005. So 12 years. I started the same week the Nextel merger went through.