Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm guessing Maine won't see LTE until 2015 at the earliest now, right?

Looks like I'm jumping ship when my contract's up in April.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
What's the best number for billing questions? taken care of

I just realized I've been paying $10 extra a month for a while for some bullshit third party subscription on my mother's line plus another $10 for another one this past month. I only noticed because Sprint took out $20 more than they usually do this morning. I should look at my bill more often.

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Sep 19, 2012

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Woah, Sprint has purchased US Cellular.

I hope that means Sprint LTE comes sooner here in Maine. US Cellular has already had LTE here for a while.

edit: I guess I should read the whole article...New England looks unaffected

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Nov 7, 2012

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Ender.uNF posted:

VT/NH/ME (9)

At least one of these had to have been in Portland. I've been getting noticeably better 3G signal the past couple days. Speeds are about the same - I've always been able to get around 1MB/1MB - but I actually left 3G on at work today without my battery dropping 1% a minute. it's almost making me reconsider leaving Sprint when my contract is up. If there's LTE here before then, I'll really have to think about it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
So my PRL updated itself today, and now I'm getting 1.9Mbps on 3G. Awesome. Maybe I should stick with Sprint instead of going prepaid? Still doubting that LTE will be coming to Maine anytime soon.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
So is anyone planning on getting an HTC One instead of the S4? Am I an idiot for letting HTC trick me into wanting another one of their devices, even after having used the Evo 3D for two years?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
RadioShack is offering $50 of Google Play credit with the One if anyone is thinking of getting it. I might pull the trigger on that deal.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Well, my Evo 3D has poo poo the bed. It refuses to go past the bootup screen...I've been running the same ROM for the past year or so and it was pretty solid until this morning. I started walking to work and it just suddenly rebooted when I opened Spotify. Leaving it on the bootup screen for a half hour just makes it unbearably hot. I don't even know what to try besides a factory reset from the bootloader.

Hopefully the RadioShack near me has the One in stock tomorrow so I can finally upgrade.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Is there any way to check in-store availability of phones online? I just spent twenty minutes waiting for someone to pickup, looping through the thing asking me if I wanted to know the store hours every minute.

Best Buy has the One in-stock, but ugh. Every RadioShack in the district is still waiting on getting their first delivery, so I can't get the $50 Google Play promotion.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I just got the black HTC One, and drat.

The saleslady at the Sprint store managed to switch my line from the primary line on a family plan to an individual plan. How does that even happen? Thankfully Sprint emailed me about this or I wouldn't have noticed until I got my bill next month.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I was assuming it was by accident, I just didn't think it would be so easy to do.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Anyone had issues with Google Voice after switching phones?

Since upgrading to the One, GV stopped handling my voicemails, and oddly a few texts that I've gotten don't appear in GV (but most of them do, can't figure out any pattern). The voicemail app on the One is actually pretty decent, but I'd rather have the GV convenience. Will disabling GV and re-enabling it from the website gently caress anything up?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

fknlo posted:

On phone ferrari chat, is anyone elses One getting stuff stuck in the speaker holes? There are a couple on my phone that have something blocking them up now.

Yep. I had a crumb or something stuck in one of the holes this morning. I tried to get it out with a tack and ended up pushing it further in, so I guess it's there for good.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Cuttlefish Party posted:

Are there any plausible leaks/rumors about upcoming Sprint LTE phones with reasonable screen sizes (like 4" to 4.3")? The only flagship-tier option seems to be the iPhone 5, and the high cost of additional storage is an issue for me. I'd love to see some Motorola options besides the Photon Q with its charmingly anachronistic QWERTY slider, but I have no idea when new Motorola products--X Phone or otherwise--might be announced, nor whether there's any hope of them coming to Sprint. I'd hoped that Google I/O might generate some news, but apparently not.

I was hoping the HTC One Mini might come to Sprint, but there's a rumor that it's probably going to be an AT&T exclusive.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Duckman2008 posted:

It is more toned down, but there are still dumb little things. Like moving an app to the main screen requires 2 steps. Blink feed can't be removed. Etc. How the app drawer works specifically drives me crazy.

I might be nitpicking but it just bothers me a slight bit more than my S3 currently does. My main suggestion is to just try both in store.

The build of the One is great, although I don't think the S4 is bad, I like the feel of the S4 as well.

Does anyone actually use the stock launcher though? Those complaints are all about the stock launcher. I switched to Nova the day after I got it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
My bill is a complete loving mess this month. $198 for two phones with a 21% discount on a 1500 minute plan.

The $36 upgrade fee I understand since I upgraded to a One at the end of April. Somehow TEP got added to my line, and then I'm paying prorated fees for April 28-May 26 + non-prorated fees for May 27-June 26...I don't get it (I could be a dumbass tho). There's a bunch of charges that are canceled out by negative charges as well.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I just got $24 credited and the TEP removed through the online chat. That was easy.

I feel bad cause the guy asked me to give him a positive response on the survey, but the survey never even popped up.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

demonachizer posted:

is it commonly accepted that the S4 is the best sprint phone offering right now and the next couple of months?

It's pretty much a tie between the One and the S4. I went with the One and haven't looked back.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
LTE has arrived in Maine.

My brother had it over the weekend in Bangor, and now I'm getting it in Portland. This is actually earlier than I expected.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Yep, I had no signal at work for four days before LTE went live.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I'm sticking with Sprint until they take my discount away. Now that 4G is finally live here, I don't have any real complaints.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

EbolaIvory posted:

Just use hangouts.

And hope no-one sends you an MMS (or an iOS group message).

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I missed a bunch of messages from my boss while I was using Hangouts earlier this month.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

EbolaIvory posted:

Phone? Stock? Hacked up rom?

I've been using it since the SMS/MMS update and have not missed a single message. Roommate and fiance also using it. Couple of G2s and a NOTE 2. Keep in mind we're stock and not using XxGoKuBLACKrom1.5V3Xx

Hell maybe its loving awful and we all just dont know it. But you'd think between 3 people using it non stop we'd see some issues.

Stock HTC One; I've never bothered rooting it. A few people in the Android apps thread have complained of missed or late MMS messages (arriving 4-5 days later which is actually what happened to me). It did work fine for most messages, so it's a mystery to me. I wish I could use it instead of the stock app cause I actually use it for most of my messaging needs, but I'm playing it safe - I don't want to hear any more poo poo from my boss.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I just finally sent my One in to get repaired today (purple camera sensor bullshit), so I switched back to my Evo 3D. How in the hell did I use this thing for two years? It's so drat slow, and it feels so cheap.

I also discovered that the touchscreen is dying, and the earpiece is dead so I can only use it as a speakerphone. Two weeks with this thing is going to be torture.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Sprint has gotten 100% better where I live, which is really surprising. I doubt Sprint has even 10% of the tiny market here in Maine.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Why does it seem like I have way less LTE coverage now than a couple months ago? I can only get 3G now at both home and work instead of the LTE I had since the end of last summer. loving Sprint.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

GigaPeon posted:

Does anyone here use the Sprint Google Voice integration where you can use your number as a GV number?

I just got the update that integrates GV and the Android Hangouts app. I've already been using Hangouts as my primary messaging app, but now all my incoming messages come in as "From Google Voice". That's all well and good, but when I'm out for a long time, or in a place with poor reception I turn off mobile data, basically turning it into a dumb phone and I won't receive any SMS messages like I normally would.

Anyone else having the same issue?

I had the same issue. I actually never used Hangouts for SMS before, and didn't want to. Opting in to merge Voice with Hangouts made all texts show up in Hangouts instead of the default messages app that I want to use (despite having the option to receive SMS in Hangouts disabled), and none of them came through unless I had an active data connection. That's not a good thing for me because I get such poo poo data reception at work that I just turn mobile data off to avoid my battery draining at 1% a minute. I opted out of the integration, and everything is back to normal. I can text with no data, and it'll still show up on Google Voice.

Hangouts seemed pretty poo poo in the day and a half that I used it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
What happens if the second line on my two-line account ports out? My brother wants to leave our plan and doesn't care about paying the $100 ETF. I only have a couple months left on the contract for my line, so I'd rather just stick with Sprint until that's up and save $100. Will my plan automatically change to an appropriate individual plan? We have the 1500min/unlimited data plan right now.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
My upgrade date didn't change. I just texted 1311 and it said I'm eligible as of 3/1/15.

Still planning on leaving instead of upgrading, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

zenintrude posted:

1311 tells me I'm eligible as of 8/1/14 which was only a year into my current contract. I'm confused by this... assuming it's bait to get people into stores so they can be pitched Easy Pay.

When I first signed up for Sprint to get the Evo 4G, the guy who set up my account at Sam's Club hosed up somehow and allowed both my lines to be eligible for an upgrade immediately. Unfortunately, I decided to get an Evo 3D with that.