Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

EdEddnEddy posted:

But man, that screen and overall design. :shepspends:
I know, I went to see the G3 this week thinking I wouldn't want it but it looks really good in person and feels great in the hand too. I don't know if I want to be stuck with LG's software after a couple of years on TouchWiz though. Plus I really want a front facing speaker on my next phone. But if there was a Google Play Edition someone could port from over to the Sprint version, I might get it anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajosh
May 3, 2002

So will we e-mail marcelo @ sprint.com with complaints now?

datajosh
May 3, 2002

e.pilot posted:

I've heard rumors Verizon is ditching cdma.
Sprint will too at some point, eventually everything will go over LTE for all providers.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

So no Xperia Z3 for Sprint. I wonder if we'll even get the Nexus 6? Sprint seems to miss most of the phones I want.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

DanAdamKOF posted:

Have the Sprint variants of previous Galaxy Notes been well-supported by the community? I'm considering getting a Note 4 via the current promotion, I just am concerned about ending up with a device with nearly no support for it like the Sprint Galaxy Nexus I have now. Basically I'll want to root the stock firmware and run that until EOL on updates, and then go with a nice community firmware. That ended up eventually working out for me on my Sprint Galaxy Nexus but only just barely.

edit: Oh right, updates will have to come from Sprint, right? Has Sprint historically gotten all of the same updates as the other carriers' Notes or have they not released some before?

Also, has there been any information on whether Sprint will get the Nexus 6/Shamu? I've looked but haven't found anything definitive. Is it me or are half the phone news sites out there basically tabloids?
You should be fine then. I have the Note 3 and haven't had any issues and Sprint has typically been the first to get the latest updates from Samsung. Rumor has it we should find out about the Nexus 6 today. If it's available for Sprint, I'll probably get it. If not, I'll probably get the Note 4 myself.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

DanAdamKOF posted:

Thanks a lot for the input on the Note 4. Google's Nexus 6 site shows Sprint will have it: http://www.google.com/nexus/6/

I guess I have about a day to decide to just wait for the Nexus 6, or get a Note 4 with the current promotion and flip it right away when the Nexus 6 releases.
If I wasn't on Easy Pay, I might try to do that but I'm sold on the Nexus 6 now. Stock Android, timely updates, and front facing speakers are too good to pass up.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Chaotic Flame posted:

Is there a contact avenue that isn't just customer service that could possibly get this resolved? Is dan@sprint.com still a thing?
I don't think so, since Dan is gone. I think executive.offices@sprint.com should still work though.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

maniacripper posted:

WTF does this poo poo mean? Knox is triggered and I know what that is so I guess this phone wasn't new after all?
That's more of a rooted thread or XDA question but the Note 2 didn't ship with KNOX, I'm pretty sure it was added in the 4.3 update. I have no idea why it's showing triggered if you didn't receive the phone with 4.3 or higher and only flashed official firmware.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

biggfoo posted:

What is likelihood of sprint carrying the 64GB version of the Nexus 6 in the near future? I'm due for an upgrade but could stand to wait if they are eventually going to offer it.
I'd put it pretty close to zero. I can't think of any provider adding another option for a phone after launch besides a new color variation.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

Pedialyte posted:

Is there a catch with the leasing plan? I am getting nowhere with the Sprint store or their chat. From what I am told I get a $15 service credit for customer loyalty that would have the lease for a Galaxy S6 at $5 per month ($20-15) for two years. Is there a reason not to do this compared to just buying the phone for $200 like I do every two years?
I believe you have to change to the Unlimited Plus plan and since it's a lease, after 24 months you'll have to return the phone, upgrade to another device, buy it, or continue paying the same monthly fee on a month-to-month basis. (Although on the S6 I think you're able to upgrade after 12 months without the additional $10/mo for early upgrades.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

datajosh
May 3, 2002

BrownieVK posted:

Is this an advertised deal anywhere? I'd be willing to get a new phone if I could get a deal like that seems like a win win.
Yeah, it's right on the front page of Sprint.com at the moment.