Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
As a father of three I have to say, children look loving weird. When they are small, they are these tiny goblins with huge heads and stubbly fingers and all of their proportions are such that you know it's almost there, but not quite. Later they stretch into gangly weirdos who look more like awkward mini-adults. It's like watching the transformation scene from An American Werewolf in London in slow motion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

RevKrule posted:

I'm not normally a "let's make fun of cheesecake" kind of person. I myself enjoy a good slice of cheesecake in comics sometimes. J Scott Campbell is just getting absolutely lazy as poo poo at this point.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1653135400624332840

Also which way is Black Cat's right leg pointing? It's like an Escher drawing in that area.

I mean, the bodies themselves are horribly twisted abominations of nature, but the clothes are just Fashion. Or maybe even Fashión.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

If you see a normal sized man and think "drat, that's thicc" then you need to stay the hell away from real men. Restraining order optional.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Darthemed posted:

Captain Atom #54 (1991)

Captain Atom #56 (1991)

Pencils: Mike Gustovich (as Michael Adams)
Inks: Romeo Tanghal
Colors: Gene D'Angelo

[Bradley Cooper voice]: Well, THAT went well!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

Artists should get Canadian geography right and that is the completely level ground I will die on.

Sure, maybe while they are at it, they can learn how to draw German towns that don't consist of medieval roads and torch-lit half-timbered houses.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Sure, but it isn't much fun if the angry villagers have to extinguish their torches and be very careful with their pitchforks as they take excellent, timely, and convenient public transit to the stop nearest the mad scientist's castle.

You are living in the past, Animal-Mother. Germany has made a lot of progress, our public transport hasn't been timely or convenient in a long time.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

thetoughestbean posted:

I thought that was for an ad, not a cover

Nope, it was for Captain America #1 from the Heroes Reborn line. I still have the first four orfive isdues, the art is atrocious.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Joe Fisto posted:

Back in the 90s Keith Giffen did some books with this really odd and unique art style. I dug it. This might not be the best example, but I didn't find too many on google images.

That cover art certainly takes a bit of work to unpack.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

I'm pretty sure I don't like it because I have no idea how the momentum Spider-Boy clearly has is going to connect him to that wall that is, well, five inches from his face.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Writers go one page without saying that Wolverine is the best at what he does challenge (impossible)

What he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does is mention that he is the best at what he does

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

bowmore posted:

but Wolverine is a dwarf/midget/little person

He's Prince, not Peter Dinklage.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

The Thing, Moon Knight, and Cap are fine if in a generic Miller pose.

They look like someone tried to transfer Miller's style to Saturday morning cartoons and it's not working at all.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

That poor person's spine :(

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

BiggerBoat posted:

DK2 practically deserves its own thread

These all look awful but I'm going to actively try to work "Buttfirst it!" into my daily vocabulary.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Lobok posted:

What texture? I'm pawing at my screen and I can't feel anything.

They mean texture like with food, obviously you have to lick your monitor to get it.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Eye've arrived, surely.

Also, the Manhunter picture would look so much better without the giant Turtley Urban Rage Fighters-logo.

Also also, I assume Crypt's and Prophet's weaknesses are laserswords and giant axes, respectively.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

I love when Wolverine does other stuff

He might fight Omega red, too!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Reed Richard in a Daredevil costume, Ghost Rider as shocked as we are