Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Not to mention that a lot of the good artists you mention only produce something every 3-6 months. Which is wonderful, but not quite the same as producing something every 3 weeks.

It's "Worst/Best comic book art example thread", not "Worst/Best comic book art example thread (high volume output edition) "

And anyway, Jim Woodring:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

SGRaaize posted:

they give a "lovely movie poster" vibe that pisses the poo poo out of me.

The drill sergeant looks an awful lot like R Lee Ermey.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Retarded ones maybe, not girls as intelligent as Hawkeye is portrayed.

Why are you so fired up over a little harmless teenage slang? This is 2011, the internet is becoming pervasive, you should expect a little code switching as people spend more of their lives online.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Geekboy posted:

This isn't an old man rant, this is an art snob rant wondering why nobody can take their limitless tools and do awesome things with them

Orc Stain?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Geekboy posted:

For example, I love (*) It has little to do with actual human anatomy, but it evokes incredible mood and is just genuinely visually striking.

His anatomy is "wrong," but that is meaningless. It is exaggerated and stylish,

People say and said the same thing about Liefeld.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Other people are collecting really bad art : http://eschergirls.tumblr.com

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Internet Wizard posted:

the butt-tits pose of a Liefeld character

oh it's not just Liefeld. check out that tumblr I posted a little while up.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lobok posted:

This is why I could never get into Spider-Girl. After reading Spider-Man for so long seeing the classic costume (mostly) on a teenage girl felt a little too much like taboo fetish fan-fiction.

So you're more disturbed by the costume on a teenage girl than whatever the gently caress is wrong with her back and thigh?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lobok posted:

I wasn't commenting on that cover specifically.

And yet you quoted my post and lead off with "This is why..."

But! new tumblr! http://gently caress-no-greg-land.tumblr.com/

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Another one from Escher Girls :

How is Blue Supergirl's skeleton put together? (it isn't) (and also Black Supergirl's right leg length compared to left leg length)

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

OldMemes posted:

Is that from that storyarc in Supergirl where she got split into good and evil?

No clue, I don't read superhero comics.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

Right, but how does that explain the broken spine?

That needs an explanation?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Mister Roboto posted:

Half of that stupid "Strong female characters" comic contradicts the point people think they're making when they post it.

Uh-huh. Tell me more.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Baron Bifford posted:

What was the whole point of that stupid exercise?

Modern superhero comics in a nutshell, right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Lobok posted:

The best part of that Noah poster is how for some reason all the animals are ready to tear the viewer's guts apart.

Except for the walrus, who is perfectly dopey trying to squeeze into the picture.

Why would a walrus need to go on the ark.