Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

TrevorP posted:

I completely loved GTA 3, San Andreas, and Vice City. I however found 4 very boring with little to do outside of the main story. I kind of lost interest in the Grand Theft Auto series after 4, and was redirected to Saints Row where I feel it is much better than anything Grand Theft Auto will ever put out again. I feel like 5 is just going to be a polished 4 again, I doubt we'll see anything like upgrades, huge variety in weapons, or clothing. That's just my rant, but hey, if it does end up being better than what I suspect that will be a pleasant surprise, right?

Ugh, what is the point of this poo poo?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Yeah, because GTA III was all about subtlety and sophisticated satire, significantly moreso than the seven other games since then. :jerkbag:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

K8.0 posted:

Do yourself a favor and keep it that way. It's so bad it will ruin the first two games for you.

It was a good game actually.

And as for publishers, self-publishing would be my first bet, Bethesda second. R* is definitely one of the more reliable developers and I would put them up there with id, but we all know what happened to id :(

In a perfect world, John Carmack would buy out R* with his hard earned futurebux and GTA: Hell on Earth would come bundled with Oculus Rift and packaged inside of a brick of gold.

vvvvvv Yeah that's true. I didn't know why I didn't consider Valve either. John Carmack is just the greatest person though :allears:

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 23, 2012

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

precision posted:

From what it sounds like it isn't in the cards for GTA5, but I'd like a GTA game where you're basically a Reservoir Dog. An actual "professional" criminal rather than some random person who gets swept up in other people's schemes.

Yeah, and this is kind of the vibe I'm getting from V, which is exciting. Even from just the jewelry store robbery scene it seems like we're getting a protagonist who's got his stuff together, procuring a van and disguises and all, as opposed to IV's chucklefucks simply robbing a bank in ski-masks.

I only hope that the process you have to go through to get that van and those disguises is more involved than "steal it", and hints at the return of owning businesses.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
So why did Mike Toreno release Sweet from prison?

More importantly why did he release Sweet from prison when he did?

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Oct 26, 2012

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

K8.0 posted:

Because he sees CJ, Sweet, and Grove Street as a lesser evil than Smoke, The Ballas, and Tenpenny.

The timing is because he's done with CJ, he doesn't need him anymore and he's probably off to some other part of the world, but he sees a way to still use him for the greater good which is his whole gimmick as a character, doing bad stuff to make the world a better place.

Yeah, that's probably what happened. I just wish they could have given a little more closure on what that guy was up to. So he was orchestrating the Loco Syndicate in order to raise funds for resistance groups, it's really based upon conspiracy theories and the cocaine trafficking scandals of the 1980's, but then what were the implications of CJ offing his entire posse? Why did he abandon the project so readily and why did he start sending CJ after rival agencies after that point? What's the story behind his little auto club in the desert? I feel like all the clues are there but I just haven't figured it out yet :tinfoil:

Jerusalem posted:

Because at some point even a dead-eyed monster like Toreno will sit back and say,"Holy gently caress this dude just raided a naval base, hijacked a fighter-plane, successfully killed at least one (maybe 3!) trained fighter-pilots in a dogfight, then pulled off an inch perfect bombing run all at my command..... maybe it's time I did him a solid?"

Nah he's too hip for that.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

AngryCaterpillar posted:

Caesar and Kendl's kid you think?

Leroy Hernandez? Hardly. I doubt we're going to see any characters return from the III era. The only character that I'd say has the best chance of returning would be Donald Love :ssh:

And I'm also betting on multiple protagonists. It would still be weird to me if the reveal trailer were voiced by someone other than the protagonist, even if RDR did it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

SNARF SNARF SNARF posted:

Its just not worth the investment, I'm not gonna buy a console for 100 bucks and buy a game for 60 bucks when I'll hate the control scheme and just wait for it to come out on PC, to then buy it again and spend 60 bucks more.

And if it ends up never coming out for the PC, well, whatever, gently caress you Rockstar, you lose on a sale.

Is this what you do for every game that comes out for consoles before PC?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Why don't you just get a 360 controller for your PC?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

orcane posted:

Just curious, what's so special about "third person" games that needs a controller for optimal control?

Almost everything that's not an exclusive goes on my PC and I very rarely feel like a gamepad would make the experience better, with the exception of car/aircraft controls for which the little brother of the joystick and steering wheel is often better suited by design.

But general movement/view control/ability activation? Really? And no, terrible/lazy implementations of kb+m controls don't count.

You just answered your own question with the car/aircraft controls. Steering wheels are great for driving but obviously not designed for running around on foot. Joysticks are a compromise between the two.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Stare-Out posted:

Sharks? Awesome and also gently caress the ocean in this game. Then again, submersibles. :aaa:

gently caress the ocean? You do know that underwater caves have been confirmed, right?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
It took me two times :colbert:

It's pretty clear to see that Big Smoke's bullets are hitting the train and not the guys on top, unless you stick as far to the right of the train as possible (or is it the left? I forget.)

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
http://gta.wikia.com/Red_Balloons
I just got the reference, this series is amazing :aaaaa:

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The port is great, the game is great. Go for it.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Avocados posted:

Okay here's a kinda weird :spergin: question.

Are there any cool self imposed challenge ideas for GTA SA? That game seriously has the best cheats and the gameplay is still a lot of fun. Lately I've been setting waypoints in far away places and trying to get there with homicidal pedestrians with guns.

See how far you can drive a Vortex off of Mount Chiliad.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktbE0woDFo4

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

GreatGreen posted:

Does anybody have the links to the YouTube videos of the gang of fat guys in GTA 4 who go around causing chaos like all of them shooting out their car windows and then stumbling into the strip club and shooting their pistols around?

Searching doesn't seem to be helping me.

I'd prefer if you didn't call Gabe Newell's family a "gang of fat guys". Thanks.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I can't get over how weird GTA 2 was. It was set in a 1920's-inspired cyberpunk future and uses claymation for all the characters.

What I'm saying is that GTA 2 deserves a remake.

circ dick soleil fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Feb 17, 2014

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Narcissus1916 posted:

In my mind, Bully and Red Dead Redemption are the two best examples of what Rockstar can achieve, GTA be damned.

What about San Andreas?

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Install Windows posted:

V stomped San Andreas.

Not true.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
Guys I got word that R* games is teaming up with nabisco and fiji water what could this mean.. could we be seeing the end of the era of RL advertisements not tainting our gta franchise? very hosed up if true...

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

The Lone Badger posted:

So I should try San Andreas then?

Definitely. And check out the mod "Stuff To Do In San Andreas 'Till You're Dead". It's a new game plus sort of mod that adds a lot of cut missions and content from the original game.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Mice Everywhere posted:

Did rockstar actually say the trailer was the PS4 version or is it wishful thinking from whoever made that image?

They said that yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Scyron posted:

Phil Collins even plays himself, and you do missions for him and can see him in concert.

This alone would've made VCS an objectively better game than Vice City, if not for the lovely PSP controls.

• Locked thread