Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I always wondered what happened to Crimson Ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dattserberg posted:

Would this be an appropriate place for horrible "sigs" too? My goodness are some of those things hilarious, especially on ExtremeSkins.

I believe it has been scientifically determined that 75% of the space in all Rivals threads is occupied by sigs.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

pasaluki posted:

I wonder how many educators would lose their jobs without the 90 million dollars the Auburn football team generates?

Unless you count, like, the baseball coach, no one.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
who cares

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
People who think that they are scouts for the team and that they can get some kid an offer just by posting about him a lot are the best. A couple years ago there was this kid named Nile Knapp from some tiny school in Georgia who was named after Nile Kinnick and really desperate for an Iowa offer. His dad or uncle or someone just carpet-bombed Iowa message boards with updates of Nile's high school exploits, but he never even got an offer to walk-on. There are a bunch of Iowa mesage board posters who got fooled and are still outraged that we never offered him.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Stanzi and McElroy? No team can contain those intangibles.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm pretty sure he picked Stanzi because no right thinking person would not want him to play for a team called the Patriots. At this point, Ricky Stanzi is pretty much indistinguishable from a patriotism standpoint from a mid-80s Hulk Hogan, he would be way more famous if he could publicly denigrate the Soviet Union.

He also called him the best quarterback in the draft, but there can be no doubt that Ricky Stanzi missed his true calling as a Cold War Hero. Ironic USA chants are no substitute for the real thing. RIP USSR.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Aug 2, 2011

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Morby posted:

Wait a sec, there are Raiders fans who want to bench Campbell? I mean, 8-8 isn't spectacular or anything, but they haven't had a .500 season in years.

Quarterbacks aren't the best. It's a team effort!

-Dick Vermeil

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want to see that collage now.

Yeah I would have just posted it but I don't have it. It's probably somewhere on Gendo's site, but :effort:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Serisothikos posted:

Is Joe Flacco A NFL-Caliber Quarterback 2011 Edition

Last year I only kept this open because it made Pop Dog mad.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I was kidding, you dummies.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Sash! posted:

They're even pretty lovely at being racists anyhow.

Tell me more about being a good racist, Sash.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The top thread is a four page thread on Joe Alexander, who washed out of the league like three years ago. That's kinda perfect.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

TheModernAmerican posted:

"Oh jeez, let's look at this."

"Oh no, Hawes has his own thread..."

"Spencer is starting for the Kings" :stare:

Date 4-13-2008 :stare:

Ok, so it may not be a popular forum.

Generally speaking racists just write the entire NBA off as full of thugs and instead watch college basketball, where their pasty heroes can take charges and Princeton offense their way to glory, so I guess that makes sense.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Sam McGuffie occasionally jumped over guys. He did that much less frequently than he suffered traumatic head injuries, but still.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Although Romo playing in a golf tournament this week is not helping things...

That is my favorite Romo complaint. HOW DOES HE HAVE TIME TO GOLF OR GO ON DATES HE SHOULD BE PRACTICING!!!!!!!!!!

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Feb 10, 2012

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

jackyl posted:

I hope whenever he eventually retires he takes a year to practice, goes pro, and comes out and wins a major. The reaction will be priceless.

Edit: forgot Q school, but he could probably get a sponsor exemption and work his way with a win, so Q school isn't necessary, I guess.

He's already almost qualified for the US Open at least once.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Romo never dislocated his shoulder, he broke his collarbone, which is completely flukey.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It's really easy to break it in general. If you let it heal completely you shouldn't be any more likely to break it again, as far as I know.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Feb 14, 2012

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C-Euro posted:

Racist though he may be I'm drawing a blank as to who this one black SB-winning QB is.

Doug Williams. Who was admittedly kind of forgettable aside from being the answer to that trivia question.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He still doesn't get what he did wrong and PMs me like once a month begging to come back.

He also remains the only guy I've ever banned who did not generate even a single "free poster X" post (do not use this as an excuse to make one for him or anyone else, please)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It was a combination of a lot of things. He was a terrible poster who was already on pretty thin ice, but that post was horrible even by his standards.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Martian Buddy posted:

(I don't know why either):

Because he rules and it would be awesome.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Much like that lady ref, players will soon be wearing dresses.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I think that dude is making a joke, man.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

This is literally all Packer fans.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They are actually always relevant.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rasczak posted:

The Cowboys will be relevant to me developing stomach ulcers within the next few years.

The trick is to learn not to care. I existence in a state of nothingness throughout the NFL season. Oh no, another poorly time interception. Oh dear, a draw play on 3rd and 9. Hmm, there appear to be 12 men currently on the field, I do believe that is against the rules. How unfortunate. Well life must go on, I suppose.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
That dude does not really get punctuation.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

commy gun posted:

He doesn't remember how bad both Roy Williams's were.

The first Roy Williams was a defensible draft pick and even pretty good for a few years before Darren Woodson got hurt and he suddenly was asked to do more in coverage. The second one was a complete disaster, and may not have even been his worst trade for a wide receiver.

He also once essentially fired the guy who built and coached a team that had just won consecutive Super Bowls and was about to win a third.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I probably will die alone, yeah.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
The Redskins name is awful and racist and any decent human being should want it changed but can we maybe talk about like anything else football related for awhile, please? That poo poo just eats threads.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FuzzySkinner posted:

So, I feel like posting this.

There's an unmentioned cleveland forum I used to post at semi-reguraly.

Anyway, there's this guy that posts there that kind of semi-trolls a bit. (to the point where he'd probably likely have been probated/banned if he'd done stuff here) He's kind of had a :smug: attitude about the NFL lately. Insisting that it's a not a good product, that the NBA is "Far better" from a pure athletic standpoint, and anyone who watches the NFL is an idiot.

He was recently bemoaning the fact that "Hall of Fame" game's ratings dwarfed that of the MLB's post-season, and the NBA's finals. He's also said in the past that College Football is by far the better game because it allows for teams to become much more dominant through shere talent, while in the NFL it seems to generally rely on the fact that it's pretty much having a good qb=super bowl.

Is his snobbery justified? It kind of sounds like he's the sort of guy who hates fun.

He's right.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It would suck if the NFL turned into the NBA where Peyton Manning is running an option offense with Adrian Peterson and Calvin Johnson.

what does this even mean

Also fun fact the NBA has a salary cap. Additional fun fact(s): this conversation is really dumb and you are all also dumb.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
You. Always you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

EDIT: Legit though, I actually like Basketball I just hate how there seems to be an institutional lack of parity.

This has literally always been the case, and the cap/tax is harsher now than it has ever been. The reason there isn't parity is that they're playing basketball, which by its very nature rewards the better team more often than the other major sports. One player can have a huge impact, the best players are involved in the majority of the game, and there are a million scoring opportunities. I suppose they could try playing baseball instead, but that seems like a pretty weird decision for a basketball league.

Now everyone shut up.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Aug 8, 2013

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
If y'all posted better these things would not happen. Also "why I hate the NBA" is not a great topic for a football forum.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

If you're hoping for me to start improving the quality of my posting you should probably retire right now because we both know it's impossible. I'm dumb.

Well cool if we're in agreement then no reason to keep you around. Perma submitted.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

AAA DOLFAN posted:

As much as I'd enjoy being that martyr that causes you to lose your modship

lol

e: I mean I was loving around but...dude hahaha

MourningView fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 8, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
gently caress no. I already named Roasted Donut my successor in my will.

• Locked thread