Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

Just click my post history

I may have told you this before but you got the past name/avatar/title in the world. the trillogy of forum persona if you would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
On the other hand if his house is increasing in value maybe he should offer to teach Ross about real estate investing.

Dolphin's owner Ross, not Ross2k. But maybe Ross2k is bad at real estate investing too?

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

AndItsAllGone posted:

Haha, is that a real thing?

http://www.jewishmag.com/45mag/basketball/basketball.htm

"The reason, I suspect, that basketball appeals to the Hebrew with his Oriental background," wrote Paul Gallico, sports editor of the New York Daily News and one of the premier sports writers of the 1930s, "is that the game places a premium on an alert, scheming mind, flashy trickiness, artful dodging and general smart aleckness." Writers opined that Jews had an advantage in basketball because short men have better balance and more foot speed. They were also thought to have sharper eyes, which of course cut against the stereotype that Jewish men were myopic and had to wear glasses, but who said stereotypes had to be consistent?

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

jerkstore77 posted:

Thread Title: What if Jim Harbaugh wins a SB this year?

What do you think? Would he be considered the greatest rookie NFL coach of all-time? One thing for sure is that we 49er fans will definitely rejoice him as the 2nd coming of Bill Walsh. I didn't think we would be this good and competitive this year. I thought at best we were a 9-7 or 8-8 team. But the way things are looking we can possibly see a 13-3 or 12-4. We always had talent but we never had the right coaching. Discuss...

I think we'd all be too busy mourning the death of Aaron Rodgers in a tragic plane crash to spend too much time anointing Jim Harbaugh.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

terrin posted:

The Lions were exposed by the 49ers as average because the 49ers might be the best team and they beat the Lions narrowly. Right?

I don't agree with that stupid poster but for the record they beat them (very) narrowly on the road with their offensive line having numerous false starts and their audibles not really working because Ford Field was loving loud. That doesn't mean that the Lions aren't pretty good, just that I think the margin would be much greater at Candlestick.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Martian Buddy posted:

Why do I still go to NFL.com again?

Because you are a loser and you want to become an unbiased knowledgeable football fan who can easily identify the criteria to be a winner, which isn't the stats, or the experts, or the critics, or the lack of morale, it's the wins.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Sash! posted:

No its just football games, football practice, or being stored in stasis in a cyro-tube, like they do with the Chinese Olympic team.

I don't think 12 year olds are really allowed to go out on dates anyways.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Actually the more times you've had a shoulder dislocated the more likely it will happen again, and it also increases the chance of a straight separation instead of just a dislocation. In a job where you'll be thrown to the ground by angry 300 pound men a shoulder that has been dislocated can be an issue going forward.

But I agree with what you mean in spirit and the general point, just that one example is in the wrong category.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Right but the problem is you can have bad shoulders just like bad knees or backs, so it'd definitively fit in the first category. The other are just random occurrence injuries, unlikely to repeat themselves. That doesn't make Romo particularly injury prone, just like Jamaal Charles isn't injury prone since he's now had a torn knee. But if it happens again you can start to worry about that shoulder, same as you would JC's knee.

Again I get what you're saying with one off injuries, I'm just saying you put a dislocated shoulder in the wrong spot.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Declan MacManus posted:

So if Romo's ribs get broken again, can we say that he has bad ribs?

What Breaky said essentially. Breaking bones is relatively flukey and should be considered as such, but soft tissues often become more susceptible to injury with every occurrence. Good try though?

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Don't trust the media at all! They're evil and working against your best interests! Except this Tucker Carlson guy, put all your trust in him. Even though he wears a bowtie and he's not in the Nation, or a scientist, so I think he's pretty respectable.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Honestly the worst thing about that post is the guy calling Oprah and Bill Cosby "black intellectuals" instead of just regular loving people. Really lets the latent racism shine through.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Sash! posted:

Eh, they do this all the time with other people. And by they I mean things like the newspaper.

I'm not sure I follow what other people you're talking about though, or when it's ever used to describe someone that isn't A) renowned primarily for their intellect, or B) a non-white person with views opposed to the matter at hand. It's one of those racist codewords that is used to pay lip-service to someone's opinions, while summarily dismissing them as haughty or unrealistic for not following with how ____ people "should" think or act. Or so I've noticed it used, maybe newspapers really do describe people as intellectuals frequently for baffling reasons that don't fit in the second category I laid out above.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Obviously that's a huge part of it as well, and may actually be what really made the latent racism jump out at me. But I still think that "intellectual" is attached to people who aren't white much more often than people who are, outside of the context of academia or in reference to subjects directly referring to intellect. No one would refer to Barbara Walters, or any of the women on The View, Dr Phil or Maury or Sally Jesse Rapheal or whatever the gently caress, none of those people would be referred to as intellectuals. They're talk show hosts. And if you want to go further with Oprah being so huge, she's a media mogul, she's not an intellectual, though she's extremely smart, she doesn't sit around theorizing on physics or some poo poo. If Richard Branson had a problem with a TV show from some British comedian he wouldn't be a "British intellectual" or any of that, you'd address him as a crazy loving entrepreneur. Bill Cosby is an old comedian with 1960s style family values and social standards, his conservative opinions don't make him an intellectual just because they run contrary to the "pop black culture" on display. I'm not saying it should read "noted old black dude Bill Cosby didn't like Chapelle's Show!" but you can find much better ways to describe him than using a word that's got such patronizing connotations.

I dunno maybe this is just my associating intellectual more with the definition for "academic" than anything else, but that's how I've seen it used more often than not. Also hi ham you're a p good poster and I like what you had to say, but white rappers should be held to a different standard because most are awful.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Clearly showing a lack of focus and care about the Super Bowl. A white quarterback would have probably had his jaw taken off to play in the Super Bowl, but the welfare quotaback takes it all for granted.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
thanks bro i'll just break out my magnifying glass real quick

Actually that's the only time the "On screen magnifier" has ever been purposely used as far as I know. Thanks SA, we just made history.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
"I hope Paoili has the heart of a lion and goes after this with no holes bared and sends a clear message to these haters in Missoula!"

I think the whole unbarred attitude towards going after holes is what's caused this issue in the first place.

Anyone? No? Alright then. Oh also these people are loving crazy and disgust, footbaw yaw.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
My favorite thing about that post is how everyone is just showering him with praise and trying to have these SERIOUS REVOLUTIONARY PROJECTIONS ABOUT DA FOOTBALL after that giant block of absolute insanity. It's like a bizarro tff.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

LARGE THE HEAD posted:

Not only is this hilarious, but there are actually Jaguars fans that make $100,000 a year?

Meth dealers

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
That block was pretty badass though

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Toussaint Louverture posted:

You're going to see some horrible football posts on this football forum if the Bengals defense doesn't start improving.

Think of it this way: Injuries and bad LB/Safety play means that no one is poaching Zimmer for a HC job this season. So there's at least that going for us.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

I've heard more than a few racists call them the "FalCoons"

Unlike my team, the bastion of white pride that are the.... oh wait*

*Oh wait does not apply if you're a fan of the New England Patriots or the Houston Texans.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
God drat reverse racism! Where's the rule saying you have to interview white coaches huh? :argh:

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
^I remember exactly what you're talking about, the guy had something like 13 trade downs to end up with 20+ picks and had an explanation for why that would make perfect sense for both teams, and a player targeted with all 20 of those picks. It was completely nuts. Even better was the response from the crowd was seemingly very supportive and impressed with the dedication this loving psychopath had towards the pats.

Benne posted:

:catstare: I would make a Madden GM joke here but I'm pretty sure even the Madden AI would laugh at that trade proposal

You can't even trade kickers and punters with the computer!

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I wonder if it was awkward in the locker room for TIki knowing that Strahan preferred his identical twin over him.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Just got off the phone with my friend: "Geno Smith is going to be a monster, know who he reminds me of? RG3."

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
Ah yes the Orton Tebow quarterback situation is a perfect reference to draw from

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
it pretty much all sounds like he's trolling and should be ignored. Or he's stupid, and should be ignored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Rap posted:

I love how Russell Wilson is now specifically included in those kinds of things. Because he's rivals with Kap of course and not as a token to prove the image isn't racist

Or maybe because he's the only other quarterback that played this weekend and fits the image of the other two? I mean I don't think it's racist to say that Kap looks like poo poo there. It doesn't really matter and anyone who really gives a gently caress is probably a racist, but it's not like he's looking particularly snazzy there.

Although Bloodbath does own so he gets props for that in my book.

• Locked thread