Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Twat McTwatterson posted:

Rival puns own, take the sticks out of your asses. I still don't understand what rivals means in this context though.

I think it's from Rivals.com. I'm not really sure why, as I've never visited. Do they just have stupid gimmicks or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The New Jersey Jints is probably the only memorable Giants one I've heard. I think most people just make fun of the Jets and Giants by saying "New Jersey".

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Kalli posted:

A glimpse into the world of whiny Patriots fans, the definition of spoiled.

This all takes place between when the Patriots were down a whole seven points going into halftime to five minutes into the third quarter when they went down two whole scores:

Please don't visit Patriots boards or post like this, ever.

The one saying "You haven't won anything since 04 Bill, you aren't the genius everyone claims you to be" is my favorite. Apparently only superbowls count as "winning"

I'm afraid to go into Giants boards.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Actually, I guess I could just go to reddit for bad posts couldn't I?

This was posted this morning. Giants fans are just as spoiled.

Redditor posted:

what part of uptempo ny giants offense doesnt kevin gilbride and tom coughlin understand??!!!
i think i heard one of the commentators say that kevin gilbride does what tom coughlin wants and they dont want to score 40 points a game...loving what?!!??!
what are they loving stupid, then what do they want , 2 point loses? 1 point wins? let me guess.....comeback wins?
i would rather the giants win every game 60-7 and have everyone saying that theyre running the score up than these late game heroics that didnt even work this time or half the time.if you notice we only scored in the last two minutes of the first half, YET AGAIN!
i have my eye on gilbride and coughlin, and the rest of the coaching staff as well....coaches are supposed to make you play as well as you can play...not make you play close game dramatics. bullshit!!!!
where the gently caress was andre brown?
this is how he gets rewarded for last games performance, forgive me if im wrong, but ahmad bradshaw did absolutely poo poo!
the ny giants have a high powered uptempo offense and they are supposed to try and score on every possession!!!
A NOTE TO THE GIANTS...IF YOU'RE GONNA TALK poo poo BEFORE A GAME....MAKE SURE YOU DONT GET THOROUGHLY EMBARASSED BY THE OTHER TEAM DURING THE GAME, OSI !!!!!
i am sick and tired of the comeback magic bullshit, im tired of loving comebacks, im tired of keeping up with the other team, im tired of playing catch up!!!
the only bright spot for the entire team the whole game was david wilson's fantastic returns !!!!
oh yeah, and ramses...if you're going to be a dirty player who isnt as affective when he is not playing dirty....i suggest you think about that real hard, because you will have a hosed up career...
if the offensive line cannot give eli any time back there, he cant do anything, man the gently caress up o-line!!!
SICK OF THIS poo poo!!!!!

This thread had the headline: I'M SICK AND TIRED OF LOSING TO THE loving EAGLES !!!!!! OR ANYBODY ELSE FOR THAT MATTER!!!!

Maybe this belongs in the reaction thread.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Asian Oprah posted:

He's right though where the heck was Andre Brown :mad:

No, I'm kidding he's insane and he's complaining that watching the Giants win superbowls has been too dramatic and stressful for him.

It has been stressful. 4th quarter comebacks are not relaxing. I was unbelievably tense during the Bucs game when we started coming back. I have more issue with the fact that we literally won the superbowl last year, and are a fair 2-2 at the fourth week of the season. This is week 16 type poo poo. Dude is a spoiled brat. Don't get me wrong, i'd love to win the superbowl again, and every year, but I'm okay just sitting back and letting things happen this year. 3 in 5 years is a lot to ask for. I'm already sick of the primetime games.

SICK OF THIS poo poo!!!!

here's another good pessimistic one:

Redditor posted:

We are screwed, season over

It's week 4 you tards, we won the drat superbowl at 9-7. Here's another good one in a discussion of Romo V Eli

Redditor posted:

I believe if eli manning was on the dallas cowboys from 2004-2012 with their same roster, the dallas cowboys would have won at least 1 super bowl. No coaching changes though, eli does not like instability.

lol

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Oct 2, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Has this dude started posting here since then? I feel like all our posts are being analyzed creepily by someone Gendo can't ban.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Well ADOLF is right that Suh has pretty much gained a reputation now, fairly or unfairly. Especially with the recent "hit and run" thing or whatever it was. It's getting to James Harrison levels of disgust in some people.

I think Suh is pretty cool, that hit last night was amazing and totally legal.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

The Incredible Ed posted:

The difference between Suh and Harrison is that Harrison makes his illegal hits in the course of a football play, while Suh stomps on guys heads after the play is over.

He's also only done that once, he stomped on his arm, and got suspended for it. Haynesworth's stomp was 10 times worse. Harrison is still doing it. That thing by Suh was really, really dumb and I'm glad he got punished but I still think Suh isn't quite as bad as Harrison.

Maybe because Suh once said hi to me in trader joes, so Im biased.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

pasaluki posted:

Holy poo poo: http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-10-most-confusing-things-about-football-to-outsider/

Those are certainly some funny observations! :suicide:

Cracked is the same site that refused Febreeze's fan comics which were pretty clever and drawn well.

Cracked paid money for this article.

I was hoping against hope they'd take my stuff, but the response mixed in with the fact that it took them 2 weeks to get back to me made it obvious they were more determined to pander to their nerdy fanbase then put up any sort of original content. They used to use guest articles all the time, but now they just do photoshop contests and let their writers come up with stupid poo poo. This is hardly the first anti-sports thing they've done: look at the sour grapes on this puppy:http://www.cracked.com/article_19670_the-5-most-annoying-things-about-sports-to-non-sports-fans.html

When I used to read cracked when it started to go to hell that particular writer was one of the worst offenders of "Hey lets write an article about small things that I get mad about". I see she hasn't gotten any better. She literally wrote two full articles about "small but annoying driver habits she doesn't like"

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Oct 31, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I upped the contrast a touch for easier reading:

I wish I hadn't, holy poo poo racism.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Pats fans have gotten so delusional

We didn't make the superbowl guys, cut everything

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Oh my god that should make me feel better but it's even worse.

Funny you bring up fluoride. My dad used to be a huge lobbyist for fluoride in the city water back in the early to mid 90s, and he used to go answer questions, as municipalities/towns across Florida hired him as an expert to give reports and go speak at open panels about it, all of which were obviously open to the public.

He used to receive all kinds of random threats from guys who were convinced he worked for the government. I never know about this until about 2-3 years ago when my mom came across some of the letters when clearing out his old den. There were death threats, pleas, you name it. All over the spectrum.

One of them was like 18 pages long with straight up fake newspaper articles from foreign countries showing how fluoride caused cancer and stuff. It was nuts. People.

Portland doesn't have fluoridated water and they are currently trying to pass it through. The uproar from the crazy conspiracy nuts keeps delaying it. In October I'd walk around downtown and get accosted by at least two "activists" telling me THEY ARE PUTTING POISON IN THE WATER THEY ARE GOING TO KILL OUR CHILDREN SIGN HERE AND MAKE IT A PUBLIC VOTE". In the meantime children here have the worst oral health of any major city.

Flouride haters are loving crazy.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ribsauce posted:

I guess this rant belongs here.

Why in the hell do big respectable organizations like ESPN and yahoo! Sports allow user comments? It would be one thing if they were even remotely worthwhile, but they are nothing but cesspools of racism and the like. If it was one out of every hundred comments, fine, you can't have a perfect user base, but it is practically every third comment. Do they not understand how badly it reflects on their brand? I think less of yahoo! Sports now because I they allow that garbage.

I think every big site just ignores comments, but allows them because it provides interactivity and therefore traffic. Have you ever read the comments on an NFL.com article? That's straight to the source and you have horrible comments right there. Most people just don't read comments, and I think the ones who do are the morons who would post one.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MourningView posted:

That dude does not really get punctuation.

Or paragraphs.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

haljordan posted:

So is the anti-white conspiracy keeping Austin Collie out of work also responsible for his 200 concussions?

Nah all those torrid black defenders are

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

FuzzySkinner posted:

So, I feel like posting this.

There's an unmentioned cleveland forum I used to post at semi-reguraly.

Anyway, there's this guy that posts there that kind of semi-trolls a bit. (to the point where he'd probably likely have been probated/banned if he'd done stuff here) He's kind of had a :smug: attitude about the NFL lately. Insisting that it's a not a good product, that the NBA is "Far better" from a pure athletic standpoint, and anyone who watches the NFL is an idiot.

He was recently bemoaning the fact that "Hall of Fame" game's ratings dwarfed that of the MLB's post-season, and the NBA's finals. He's also said in the past that College Football is by far the better game because it allows for teams to become much more dominant through shere talent, while in the NFL it seems to generally rely on the fact that it's pretty much having a good qb=super bowl.

Is his snobbery justified? It kind of sounds like he's the sort of guy who hates fun.

Well duh college teams can dominate through sheer talent, because all the good teams get all the good recruits. Free agency and salary caps prevent that in the NFL. College and Pro ball are two sides of the same coin, so saying one is better is bullshit

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mod-dom has made you such an angry man, Mourningview

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

MourningView posted:

Are there? I mean I don't go there very often but when I do get directed there it seems like about 10 super racist dummies talking in their dumb super racist echo chamber of dumb racism. I feel like at this point TFF has to account for like 80% of their hits.

Seriously. Caste Football will never be redeemable and at this point we can basically predict how they will react to things, why are we even giving it traffic?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Cole posted:

Belichick is dismissive and stuff and people think he's awesome for it.

Belichick is more deadpan and doesn't have a reputation for tantrums

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Why is this article on a sports site

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Anals of History posted:

There's no conversation that gets into dogwhistling faster than discussing QBs scrambling versus staying in the pocket.

Meanwhile, Stafford catches almost no grief for accomplishing a lot less with more talent around him.

His whiteness blinds people to his true form

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

swickles posted:

I am starting to not like the term homophobe, basically because phobia means fear. People who are homophobes aren't scared of gay people, they actively hate them. I know this is a minor thing, with a very small sample size but I had a friend who was truly homophobic, as in scared of gay people. He had an out gay uncle that physically (not sexually) abused him and as children are to do, associated gay people with people who were going to beat him. He had homophobia in the truest sense. Maybe because I am in the medical field its more sensitive to me, but I just think sometimes people hide behind the label homophobia when really the title should be whatever greek/latin terms mean "I hate gay people".

What's "fear of improper labeling" called?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Volkerball posted:

It's literally just thingsthathappened.jpg

I don't recall Michael Sam doing things with someone's husband

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ehud posted:

For anyone who doesn't go to the FART thread on a regular basis, I do a thing called Twitter Hot Takes that is similar to what this thread is about.

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/category/humor/twitter-hot-takes/

I think this one is still my favorite:

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2015/03/18/twitter-hot-takes-chris-borland-retires/

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Comparing Colin Cowherd to Bill Cosby is not fair. At least you won’t remember your time spent with Cosby."

:drat:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache posted:

I did have a lit prof who was an actual dwarf. He cheered for the Giants. I am not kidding.

Did nobody ever tell you to dream big

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Checked reddit for the first time in a while, went to the Giants subreddit, had me a good 'ol laugh

• Locked thread