Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Similarly, this was a-ha's greatest song...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3ir9HC9vYg

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Thanks again to whoever brought up Newbury Comics and their discount bin.

Also very happy this came in yesterday as well
haven't had a chance to look at either disc yet to see how the colors look but I will....eventually.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CPL593H posted:

Jesus Christ, that was ten years ago?

Oh god...my life.

IT WAS I!

I always check that bin because I live in a very square place so the cool poo poo often hangs around and ends up getting dumped in the sale bin. I got the most recent Tropical gently caress Storm album there for ten bucks.

I'm just happy to find any place online where I can get cool records I want without having to pay absurd prices for them, and thankfully they had that Carpenter record for like...$14 or something absurd like that. Was $20 something with shipping so I got that going for me.

I'm also extremely excited about the batch of records I ordered from Plaid Room Records, but I'll share those when they arrive sometime next week.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

RubberLuffy posted:

My copy of The Format's Interventions And Lullabies has been stuck in Lansing, MI for like 2 days now, however.

Don't feel too bad, I ordered like 3 or 4 records from a place in Oakland. I live very close to Oakland.

Somehow, through the brilliance of the USPS, they went to Berkeley, then LA, and then to me. serves me right for being a lazy rear end in a top hat I suppose :v:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:sickos:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

haljordan posted:

Nice, that Dokken album is a real gem. Also one of the best Friday the 13th movies.

It's actually a 45 single. It's tiny as hell lol

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

haljordan posted:

Some extremely excellent black metal showed up today, I am very psyched for this one. I've been listening to this album for almost 15 years lol. Great artwork too.

(It also came with what appears to be a size M child's t-shirt which.......isn't going to fit me)

:bisonyes:

Their first....4 records are so loving good. Celestite is fine, but I've been pretty meh on the last two they put out, which is a shame because everything from "Diadem of 12 Stars" to "Celestial Lineage" is just :discourse:

E: had to check my discogs because I couldn't remember if I actually had any of them on vinyl. I have "Two Hunters" :black101:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

haljordan posted:

The insert booklet has some extremely sick artwork.

That is some :black101: album art.

I just ordered the first Blackbraid album on vinyl this morning because of a god drat Instagram ad. I'm actually happy about it because that album is great and I wanted it on vinyl, but also gently caress You Zuck, filling my ads with metal records I want and can't afford :argh:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

haljordan posted:

Wooooooow this Deafheaven album looks insane when it's playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXcIbHZ5i_M

(that's not my phone going out of focus, that's how it actually looks irl)

I don't love that album but that looks cool as gently caress

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Got a copy of Beautiful Garbage for $10 shipping and Boys and Girls by Bryan Ferry for $8 so fingers crossed everything works.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I'm so so tempted but it's $200 and :negative:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

dorium posted:

JESUS, $66 american DOLLARS?!

what.

*Nathan Explosion voice*
Brutal.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CornHolio posted:

You can pay in four interest-free installments of $16.50 if you use ShopPay!

just :lol: at the idea of financing $66 though.

I ended up going with the installment plan for the box set. It's still $200 got drat dollars, but breaking it into payments was a good deal, especially since I already use Shop for a bunch of other online stores.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

RubberLuffy posted:

https://mondoshop.com/pages/the-record-shop

Mondo restocked their Castlevania game soundtracks.

Hell yeah snagged the OG Castlevania score and Symphony of the Night, thanks for the heads up :hmmyes:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

Never heard of it but the cover puts it on the wishlist.

I'm already arguing with myself about whether I want the Crowley vinly I've seen to go along with my official Church of Satan black mass record and now you bring this to my attention.

I only have so much money and space for weird occult vinly :argh:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

stealie72 posted:

Anyone still getting their free vinyl dribbling in? I ordered two, got one a week ago (showed up with no tracking, info, etc.), and don't have the other one yet.

Yep. First one arrived out of the blue with no tracking, then the second took like a week of sitting in "Ordered" before getting tracking that took another week to actually arrive.

Just keep an eye on the mail, it'll eventually get to you.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CornHolio posted:

I mainly use Discogs to document what I have and what I want. I'll be sad if it goes away, though.

That's pretty much all I've used it for since I started buying records, keeping track of what I have so I don't get lost on eBay while high and thinking "Oh man I want that album" and already having a copy.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

CornHolio posted:

I mean, I also use it to look at my collection and pat myself on the back for having a 'high' value of $35k, knowing full well that is bullshit and I'm at maybe a quarter of that on a good day :v:

Ayyyyye, your collection is worth more than mine (9k at the high end) but also I don't put much weight behind Discogs telling me how much my poo poo is worth other than its cool seeing number go up occasionally.

Really though it's a life saver to be able to just open the app, look at my collection and be able to say "Oh no, I already have Number of the Beast don't need to order this copy I just found".

Don't smoke weed and buy records kids. Or do! I'm not your parents.

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 17, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sup vinyl friends, I haven't posted any of the stuff I got recently so I thought I'd share

BOLT THROWER!

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 21, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

bagina posted:

Didn't see that. Clearly bullshit. Move along.

Lol did you see the same Instagram ad I did with $30 Beatles stereo boxsets that I did?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

bagina posted:

No, but color me intrigued!

In other news, I had a banner day at the record store. Will post pictures when I get home and have access to an image host.

There was an ad I saw last night claiming to be a liquidation sale of a record store.

Being stoned and intrigued, I clicked it and they had a bunch of stuff available for crazy good prices, like the $10 Beatles stereo box set, I think I saw a couple of Pink Floyd and Who or Stones box sets and all manner of other albums for crazy cheap.

Including some Japanese release versions of different albums. I almost bit, but the link was shady (something called Formturn) and it sounded too good to be true so I passed.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

strap on revenge posted:

how's this sound? I bought a copy of judgement recently and it was the worst sounding record I've ever had the displeasure of listening to

Haven't had a chance to spin it yet. Also oof Judgement is one of my favorites and I haven't picked it up on vinyl yet but if it sounds bad I'm going to be very bummed.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Anathema always came across as a CD band to me (or 5.1 SACD in the case of the later stuff).

My copies of Serenades, Eternity and Silent Enigma all sound good on vinyl.

strap on revenge posted:

it's this pressing that blows. if you find the double LP repress that came out on peaceville that one seems to be worth picking up

Good to know! I'll keep an eye out for the Peaceville release then. Fingers crossed the copy of Katatonia's "Night is the New Day" I ordered sounds good on vinyl because it's my favorite of the modern Katatonia albums.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Read After Burning posted:

Sinead O'Connor has passed away, cause of death currently unknown.

The pope finally got his revenge.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Speaking of metal vinyl, I just got some in today and this is the one I'm most excited about.

Cult Never Dies release, 500 copies.

Also

More Bathory :black101:

The only Entombed album I like

And my favorite Katatonia record

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Turbinosamente posted:

Who else has the shame of records in the collection they haven't gotten around to listening to? Or is it just me? Since last week sometime I decided to make a concentrated effort to pull out the albums I haven't listened to or rarely put on. Not sure I've found any lost treasures in the collection yet, but I have unearthed a whole lotta of meh and why did I buy this type stuff. Currently listening to Electric Savage by Colosseum II and I'm just gonna have to accept that I'm not deep into prog rock/jazz fusion.

If I'm being honest, probably more than half my collection has never actually touched my turntable.

Granted, most of my collection is stuff I've heard before and bought because I already liked the album, but there's definitely a couple of records I bought because it was funny or something that I haven't listened to yet. Off top my head I haven't listened to either of the Mort Garson records I have (Black Mass and The Unexplained) or the official Church of Satan Satanic Mass LP.

I'm planning to listen to a lot of records next week on my staycation

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Who is outside my house telling me to stop buying records from the internet!? I will never stop buying records from the internet!

I literally ordered all 4 of the Silent Hill scores today from Mondo and a couple of Dead Kennedy records from Amazon.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

I never played 4, but my favorites are 2 and 3, so I got those Silent Hill vinyls from Mondo too.

4 is a mess of a game.

Soundtrack however, real good.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Sex Robot posted:

You've got to hand it to him that's still going having released 39 albums.

I think I know what you mean, the featured it on a Best of The Worst episode. But if you want Red Letter Media references

Holy poo poo! A Shoji record :allears:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Booooo :(

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

My copy of the Splatterhouse soundtrack finally shipped and should arrive next week :moonrio:

My Silent Hill soundtracks from Mondo however, still haven't shipped and I ordered them on the 4th of this month. :argh: git yer poo poo together Mondo!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Pan Dulce posted:

That's weird. My Mondo Silent Hill soundtracks shipped yesterday. They should be emailing you tracking soon.

Fingers crossed I hear something soon. I'm kinda used to Mondo orders sitting in "Order Placed" for a couple of weeks, getting the tracking and then like...4 days later the order arrives. Can't really complain because their stuff is great but I want them now.

E: it is now 5:20 pst and lol I just got the notification of shipment with tracking. :getin:

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 18, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

If anyone else in here enjoys weird horror movie scores, Revolver has "Carnival of Souls" on vinyl

https://shop.revolvermag.com/products/rob-zombie-presents-carnival-of-souls-soundtrack-lp-blue-pinwheel-vinyl?_pos=2&_sid=23393e92a&_ss=r

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ballz posted:

Wish it didn't have "Rob Zombie Presents" on it, but otherwise I'm intrigued by this.

Yeah I'm not crazy about that, but if it takes slapping his name on the cover to get some semi-obscure horror scores on vinyl I'll survive.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

caligulamprey posted:

Sleepytime Gorilla Museum is currently crowdfunding a new album, short film and a 2024 reunion tour. Vinyl isn't on the list of perks, but they've confirmed it's part of the plan. Either way I'm jazzed to see one of my favorite bands back.

Yo, you hear that they finally unfucked the rights to Cemetery Man in the US and Severin's putting out a 4K? :dance:

I saw something about that yesterday, but I already have the Shameless UK bluray so I don't know if I'll drop money for it on 4K.

Having said that, I'm also an idiot so I will probably end up with a 4k version because I love that movie, hence the av.

Also to keep it on topic, loot!

And Static Age by the Misfit which I apparently didn't get a shot of.

joylessdivision fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Aug 22, 2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nightmare Cinema posted:

IT ARRIVED

God drat that's a good haul.

Thank you thank you. Now I just need to take some time to listen to them :negative: my staycation got swallowed by weed and Diablo 4

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

haljordan posted:

Did anyone else here pre-order any of the Dethklok vinyl from Revolver? I just noticed the ship date slipped from 8/25 to 9/1. Not the biggest deal, but I hope it stays somewhat accurate.

Yep, I got an email from Revolver a day or two after the album released saying shipping had been pushed to the first of September and they were sorry Yada Yada Yada. No biggie, but yeah I'm also hopeful it actually ships around then and doesn't get delayed again.

But Revolver is generally pretty good with their shipping, my copy of Carnival of Souls arrived Monday and I ordered that on the 21st so I'm not too worried.

Not like the order I put in with Horrormerch for some records like...6 months ago and haven't heard poo poo about. Which I'm probably going to cancel pretty soon if I don't hear anything because I'm sick of God drat waiting for them to maybe get those records back in stock.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

esperantinc posted:

I just got another update e-mail about the Dethklok set that said the expected shipping date is now "early September 2023".

The gently caress you think it is now?

Dethkopter intercepted the shipment and blew it up. loving brutal

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IUG posted:

Look vinyl thread, I don’t need to justify myself to you. I just got a raise at work, so yes, I did buy the stupid blinking LEDs version of the upcoming Aesop Rock record. Get off my back!

Friend, at least two of us bought the $200+ Dethklok boxset. It's okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

The Steven Wilson stereo mix of Ultravox's Quartet is tempting but I already have a used copy of Quartet and I don't need doubles.

And only 800 copies of the Konami one? That's some bullshit. KONAMI :argh: