Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Turbinosamente posted:

Indeed. Like half of it is the Gradius soundtrack, which for that it may just be easier to track down the STS one. I know there's at least one remix of Vampire Killer on the Wai Wai World record, and I personally lucked into the Mondo release of the Contra soundtrack so that takes out most of the tracks based on availability of duplicates.

Granted Konami's NES days are a high point for their music, but it kinda sucks that its all US games only: there's good poo poo on famicom too. And of course to that end *Insert tired old whine for a Cosmic Wars physical soundtrack release here.*

I snagged a couple of the Mondo Castlevania soundtracks (OG and Symphony of the Night) and had a good laugh when I put the original Castlevania score on and it was the 8bit Nintendo score. Something about Nintendo bloop music coming from a vinly really struck me as funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

I was about to share a link to Gravediggaz "6 Feet Deep" from the Texas record store I order from regularly but they sold out after I got my order in just now :v:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ballz posted:

Still in stock at VMP's website.

VMP gets a lot of poo poo, but when they do an album right, they loving knock it out of the park. Gravediggaz is one of those albums.

Oh yeah the one I ordered is a standard vinyl. I saw the ad for VMP but I didn't want to pay whatever they were charging to get it.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

dorium posted:

Free code for the new John Carpenter Anthologies II

drat my copy doesn't arrive til next week. Already listened to it on apple music and it's not as good as the first one but still pretty good because it's Carpenter and he rules.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

dorium posted:

Yeah i got my copy from Sacred Bones last Friday. It's hard to beat an album full of main title themes and then get a bunch of genuine scene score tracks on a second album. It's just not gunna hit the same, but its still Carpenter so it aint bad.

Yeah I ordered from them too, got the blue disc I think? All good, I've got that coming in soon, Gravediggaz, and the new Myrkur when that releases and eventually I'll get my Dethklok set....

Before I'm 90...maybe :corsair:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Cemetry Gator posted:

The worst part is by the late 90s, hip hop has well established itself for close to 20 years in the pop music scene, and more like 30 as an overall movement. A fad would be more like the swing of revival of the late 90s.

Never ever underestimate stodgy white folks who refuse to see rap as anything beyond gangsta rap or the 80s rap scene. It's an argument I've given up having with my mother who stuanchly believes rap isn't music.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Someday my Dethklok boxset will come....someday.....:negative:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

So I finally got around to actually uploading my most recent bunch of records that have come in the last few weeks/today

I've been collecting almost a year now and I've already slid into novelty stuff :ohno:

Shut up, Winner Takes All loving owns.

I got off my hipster horse and finally bought this one to go with the rest of my Deafheaven collection

:bisonyes:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

hexwren posted:

i ended up with a sealed copy of this at some point and i have no recollection how or why

i have yet to open it

Don't feel bad, I haven't listened to my copy yet. But it was neat to find and the price was right so hopefully it's entertaining.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

hexwren posted:

basically always splatter

:hmmyes:

Also good sale over at https://www.plaidroomrecords.com/collections/fall-sale-2023

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Happy Halloween to me. My Dethklok boxset finally arrived :getin:

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

pwn posted:

Went to the new record store tonight and made another $60 crater in next month's money

I am making poor financial decisions :(

Hell yeah those albums rule.

I got a bunch of new records in recently thanks to a couple of sales but these are the ones I'm most excited to have

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Creature posted:

Absolute classic.

I saw it the same place I ordered the two Damned records from and it was an immediate "Yep". I don't know if I've ever even heard any of it other than "Party Man" and "Bat Dance" so I'm looking forward to checking it out.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Ambitious Spider posted:

sound of vinyl is having another 0 dollar just pay shipping sale

https://thesoundofvinyl.us/collecti...,4XNHTA,1ATC8,1

shipping seems to be more than the last go round though, so kind of kills it for me

Sweet, snagged the 40th anniversary Moving Pictures, Billy Idol and Stranded by Roxy Music for $33 shipping which is a bit much but hey, Moving Pictures is almost $40 on its own so I'm not going to bitch too loud.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IUG posted:

I got a tracking number this time from SoundOfVinyl saying two of the four "free" records had shipped. However, by the time I put them in my tracking program, they were already on my front steps. (I had a cat on my lap, so I couldn't check it at the time. I'm sure you all understand.) No tracking number on the last two yet.

I just got my shipping notice this morning too. Apparently they are in the next city over and will arrive Tuesday according to tracking so we'll see if I have a package when I get home from work tonight or not.

Revolver *still* hasn't shipped my pre-order of the latest Myrkur record that came out earlier this month :argh: get your poo poo together Revolver!

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

TheMightyBoops posted:

Is there a new fancy version or something? I think mine got destroyed by our cat.

40th? Anniversary edition, yeah. Got mine today :D

Sadly only had one little cardboard lyric sheet in it when the picture showed little cards for all the lyrics but eh, whatever.

I've got two live albums by The Damned coming, along with a compilation of theirs and the album "Anything" which is not a great Damned record but drat does it have some really fun songs on it. Of course I ordered that from someone in Europe on eBay so it's taking forever to arrive :(

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

sporklift posted:

Where are the bodies Garth?

That's a secret only Chris Gaines knows.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Got this in yesterday and was pretty excited to see "For promo use only" stamped on the back. That makes two promo records I own. Come get me record companies! :getin:

It's a 12inch single with a couple of tracks on side B because God drat "Eloise" wasn't on the vinyl version of "Anything".

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Nightmare Cinema posted:

Yeah after a certain point I just settled for "close enough" myself (I'm not gonna squint out the runout matrixes just to see if it's a Pitman / Terre Haute / Jacksonville / whatever the gently caress US plant)

I love that I only open the discogs app to add stuff I just got in the mail to my collection and finding like 15 messages about changes to stuff in my library and it's almost always the most ACKSHULLY THIS RECORD IS THIS VERSION BECAUSE XYZ poo poo. Followed by like 3 more messages about the same record because some nerd got in a slap fight about it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Boinks posted:

John Carpenter's Lost Themes IV is up for pre-order on Sacred Bones website :getin:

:bisonyes: