Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Stuntman posted:

I just found out that my copy of Exmilitary is worth like 200 bucks or something. Would it be worth sitting on this thing to see if the price rises any further, or would that be a bad idea?

please sell all of your records

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
that's the only good thing to ever come out of record store day don giovanni has a good sense of humor

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

alg posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVdE469GOwg

One of my favorite albums, let's see how much this is...

150 bucks lol

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Fors Yard posted:

I knew you were the same poster who posted some covered in mustard and cat litter :allears:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

CPL593H posted:

If you put all of these together it looks like some kind of art series.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

CPL593H posted:

Yeah, I wasn't joking. There's something really compelling about these.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
now all you have to do is find a pv fan that actually has 100 dollars

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
a time machine

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
yes and yes

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

glass houses

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
it's a shame that was the only shelf ever made that can fit a 12" record

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

Same deal here. Got an order that looks like it was supposed to go to Germany, with two T-Rex albums, not the Modest Mouse, Kanye West, and Tool albums I was expecting. Good going, Sears...

Edit: Anyone else notice that the item numbers are all the same in the Sears order confirmation email? Sent an email to their customer service to see if it can be cleared up.

they did you a huge favor

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
that is not the favor they did

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
truly it was a paradise, gone too soon from our tender grasp

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
have you checked sears

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

yall are in good company

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

answersyouseek posted:

Lol you paid $7 for Thriller

10 dollars too many

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
hopefully sears will pick some up

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
buy it from the band out of the back of their van because thats the only situation where they actually benefit from the purchase

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

CPL593H posted:

Nothing is any good if i'm not buying it for 5.99 from Sears

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
powerviolence doesnt have a space in it

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Badly Jester posted:

I'd lean in that direction as well, especially since the machines are getting older (and harder to repair) while at the same time fewer (highly trained) people even know how to handle the production process. Then again, there's a lot of lovely pressings despite the price hike, which kind of tells me that the pressing companies don't give a poo poo about badly maintained machines and sloppy workers because fixing either of these - or simply introducing better QA - costs money.

all of this is incorrect. there are a ton of small labels that press full runs of extremely high-quality releases and sell them for 10 dollars or 5 for a 7". nothing about production is driving up record prices. you're paying through the nose because you're buying things people know you will pay through the nose for.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Stravinsky posted:

I'm going to a wild stab here but they are pricing it higher do to the fact that there is more demand for vinyl then there used to be back several years ago.
Price changes with demand and what people are willing to pay.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i hope you didn't take that record to the show

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

Dr. Lenin posted:

Nah, just the outer sleeve with some cardboard in it to keep it from getting smashed.

no i meant that as i hope you didnt do what you asked about but you did do it so that solves that

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i dont know how much more clearly we can tell you that the doors record you bought is not worth a significant amount of money

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
ya we should take a moment to recognize and understand how bad the doors are

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

CPL593H posted:

Only if you're extremely condescending towards other posters who don't listen to the same stuff you do.

maybe you can toss these in with your next order

http://www.sears.com/baby-feeding-bottles/b-1020382

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

JehovahsWetness posted:

Great box set design, assholes.

hahaha noooooo

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
the road to enlightenment is paved with lessons

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot

3dou posted:

ONE LAST THING. Have you guys heard about that fuckin' drama happening over at some record store called Burger Records? Apparently what they're doing is calling up bands and asking if they can press one of their albums on cassette (of all formats). If they get the okay, they'll press all of the band's albums without permission. Real shady poo poo.
Also, cassette? Really?

yr not going to link to anything about this?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
so did you just hear about burger today or are you making a bunch of assumptions about a well-known, long-standing and respected tape label with nothing to show as proof?

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
yeah im going to go ahead and disregard this entirely. sounds like you're full of poo poo.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
http://burglar-records.tumblr.com/post/82644831420/welcome-to-burglar-records-where-we-ask-bands-who#notes

it seems like you misunderstood this entirely. this post (which the burger tumblr replied to in a pretty jokey way it seems) says that burger allegedly contacted a band and put out a cassette release of a record that another label had already released without contacting the original label. that's a pretty weak complaint considering this is how all tape labels operate. the label, especially in the DIY community, doesn't typically own or lay claim on the source material for a band's releases. the artists are normally free to have other labels put out that same material on different formats as much as they want. burger is under no obligation to contact or inform other labels that they're pressing the same release on cassette if they have the artists permission.

this post makes no mention of putting out releases without asking the band.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
while i wanted to believe for a very long time i dont think that pure moods release from DG is real

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
seems really unlikely that it's real because it's not on any lists and none of the shops i called had heard about it

it's also the exact kind of leg-pulling dg would do

stay depressed fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 18, 2014

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
pure moods being real would be a strong 10

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
how do y'all not have records pressed with cum in them I have like 7 of them :confused:

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
you dont press tapes you dub them. idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
i for one am extremely disappointed by the art direction of this soundtrack vinyl