Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Safety Dance posted:

I was chatting with a florida good old boy last night, I wanted to ask him if he had every heard about boots, but discretion became the better part of valor.
How much bigger than you was he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

I wonder why he thinks a bunch of cash signs were supposed to get attention. Like no guy, cash is what gives YOU a chubby, I'm trying to get this bike for LESS money. The more money involved in this transaction the less I want to take part in it.
This, and for all the $$$$$ I couldn't find how much actual cash they wanted for this roomy, safe machine.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Angrymog posted:

I've missed getting a photo both times I've seen this, but might get lucky next week.

Parked up at one of the bike parking spots in my local town was a gleaming blue HD. On its rear mud guard is a sticker that says "Support your local Hells Angels Kent"

I've seen the chap who rides this machine. He has no patches on his jacket. I thought that if you were a Hells Angel you were a Hells Angel all the time, not just on ride outs?
I think these support your local hells angels stickers are just merchandise available from the website for anyone to own full patch member or not.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Boat posted:

That really deserves a picture. :stare:

I can see the Craig's list ad now. Low miles , a smoking deal, low speed drop in a parking lot, my loss is your gain.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

My preferred derogatory term for Japanese bikes is "rice-burner" or "rice-rocket", because crotch rocket always makes me think of this sort of thing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA0EaLjKnLE
I prefer "jap scrap".

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

2. ATGATT is as much about creating a no-thought-required habit and being comfortable in the gear as it is safety. If you make a point that every single time you are on your bike you are wearing all your gear, then you don't feel like you're missing any "freedom" by wearing it, because that's just the way it always is when you're on the bike. Make it a ritual that you go through before you even sit down.

And shortly after you have made this your routine you will feel naked without a major piece of your armor.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

XYLOPAGUS posted:

I then mentioned our mutual co-worker who has put hundreds of thousands of miles on giant cruisers who uses the front brake like a normal rider and the response was "well, it wasn't a harley like mine."
:doh:

Well to be fair someone with such a mentality may be the sort to remove said front brake.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Covert Ops Wizard posted:

Not to be a dick but the sv650 doesn't exactly scream "speed and sophistication" to the layman and everybody who knows bikes knows they're a dime a dozen. The rocket at least is huge if nothing else.

This is all true but I get compliments on mine all the time. It's a relatively stock yellow 2004 naked. I ride with a buddy a lot who's on a newer triumph tiger 800 and I cringe when people comment on my bike over his. But I'm trading it in on a vstrom soon so I guess I won't have to worry about it for long.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Rice cake feels like a pretty weak racist insult. I prefer "jap crap" as a racist insult.

I used to write japscrap in chalk on my tank of the old Suzuki gs when I rode with my he-man Harley buddies.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
1982 gs650e. It was faster than their pigs but I wasn't a good enough rider to prove it for anything but small sprints. And not to be stereotypical but I've come a long way and they're still parking it in corners on poker runs.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
Skip the forks and just add ammo can panniers.

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010
I'm not sure what would happen, but he is probably drawing from the fact that on a lot of bikes that have been in accidents a scratch or scrape on the frame can cause an insurance company to total it. The theory being that frame damage of any kind can cause a bike to fail later, and frame repairs are generally more expensive than its worth in their algorithm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kenny powerzzz
Jan 20, 2010

ReelBigLizard posted:

This state takes a dim view of solid state lighting, boy. :clint:

Your future is bright son.

• Locked thread