Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Don't know if these have been posted, but a nice present for the Doomer or Doomette in your life

http://www.galerief.com/portfolio/former-humans/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Any recommendations for WADs if I wanted to play through the whole Ultimate Doom campaign with 8-16 other players co-op style? I was going to use the 10x enemies WAD, and these people have heard about Brutal Doom and want to go that direction.

Pretty new to this, usually I just go straight to Shotgun Frenzy.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

The Kins posted:

WELL, if we're throwing old mods into contention...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNwg5j33m6w

I miss zany weapon mods. Not like Russian Overkill just-more-explodey-and-shooty megaweapons.

It's a big thing that keeps me coming back to Reelism.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Alright, all this UT mod business got me to reinstall UT2004 and try to install the 20014 version of U4E. How do I install/open/use .ut4mod files? I got some kind of program that was supposed to make them auto extract by changing something in the registry, but no dice. Opening with with ut2004.exe doesn't work either and I can't seem to find a solution online. Ideas?

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
So how long til we get Commander Keen in Quake Champions?

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

TerminusEst13 posted:

Fantasy would be cool. There's a lot of gunbangshooty weaponsets, even sci-fi stuff. Not a lot of pure magic stuff. It's either guns and magic, guns that shoot magic, or magic guns.

I've been playing my way all the way through Heretic (with some Brutal whatever because I need oomphy weapons) and I was wondering if anyone tried a Heretic II demake in Doom, third person and all.

Otherwise, I'd love something Hereticish, maybe with more staff-related melee options?

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

treat posted:

I haven't played beyond the 4th level despite buying it in early access. I think it feels fantastic, but needs more variety in environment and enemy behavior to be something I want to power all the way through. It's pretty much how I feel about the original descent. The whole game and it's sequel (+ Overload) are just too one-note throughout their entire run-times.

Agreed. I was really psyched when I bought it, but I barely touched it.

I think this is something that Descent 3 did very well. They managed it a lot of level variation that I thought was fun and interesting.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Ahoy, who makes great videos, has a great video about the 'face cam' and its precursor, the Chicken-o-meter. I'd never heard of this before the video, apparently it's a ZX Spectrum/other British console thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8HT8aUb5q4

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Would the 2007 Battlefront II count for this thread? I had avoided it for a long time on PC because I thought everything felt floaty, console-y, and it had such a big ugly UI and HUD that made it unpleasant to play for me. Mods for it kept popping up on my Youtube feed, and I had no idea it had such a prolific modding scene. There's all kinds of overhauls, a ton of new factions, levels, and other stuff from all over the Wookiepedia.

But goddamnit, they all still have the same awful HUD and UI, huge, stretched and with tiny weird text. And your 60 pound crosshair going nuts in the middle. Even on mods that claim to have them improved do almost nothing to stop it from looking like that awkward time that also brought us Deus Ex: Invisible War's hud.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

wafflemoose posted:

Forget about Contract J.A.C.K, Civvie 11 just posted a Doom video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rCTpwLdYQA&t=419s

"If I ever have kids, they're gonna come out circle-strafing."

Civvie keeps getting better and better.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/103624-bfg-exit-door-source/

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Best AAA in gaming goes to the Dark Forces falling scream.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m6tWQ6QQPE
It might be an overused library sound, but it is still my favorite AAA.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

site posted:

it sadly does not

Even fuckin Roger Ebert cited that as the best sequence in a lousy movie! That seems like such a weirdly obvious thing to screw up.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Oof, Icarus is trying more humor and gags and it really isn't working for me. I think the guy's great and I appreciate his channel, but I have a feeling he fell in love with Civve (like me) and is trying his style to mixed results.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

al-azad posted:

Help! I vaguely recall an FPS weapon that was like a gluon gun style ray but it caused enemies to inflate and gib in a gory mess. It's possible I'm conflating Doom's pulse cannon and Prey's Q-Beam but I succinctly remember a gun in a game somewhere like this.

e: Not the gluon gun from Black Mesa either, the enemy expanding thing is really stuck in my mind.

The Bubble Gun in Unreal4Ever

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
WOR what is it good for?

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
They could have gone with Tank You Very Much for Q2.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Didn't the official ROTT Twitter hint at a ROTT announcement during Realms Deep?

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
I ended up really enjoying the couple of levels I played of the Fashion Police Squad demo. The "weapons" feel punchy, the movement and gameplay feel right, and I really like the look and style. It's nice to play a FPS that's bright, goofy, and queer instead of just murky and murdery.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Battlezone 3 all but confirmed, sources close to my heart are stating

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Gaspy Conana posted:

This doesn't SEEM to be related but even if you don't know or care about (or even like?) Hypnospace Outlaw you may wanna tune in here in just under 2 hours. :clint:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufMl2DlWX7w

Fuckin YES Slayers X: Terminal Aftermath: Vengance of the Slayer!!

Zane LIVES!

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Sometimes I miss this idiot

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Rahul Kohli as himbo Kyle Katarn who fumbles into Jedi mastery

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

https://www.evidencewines.com/pages/virtual-tasting-anyone-2
Kyle without Jan: A content old man.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
https://twitter.com/GetGianni/status/1535517950886744072?s=20&t=w-BItCoxJMuMYhRHH5oTxQ

Oof.

Gianni seems like a real neat guy, I hadn't noticed JSJ being a weird rear end in a top hat, but here we are. What a Duketastrophe.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
SiN!!!!

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

Arc Hammer posted:

Do the old cheat codes work on the Force Engine port of Dark Forces? I want to type in larandy and lamaxout again and go to town with a supercharged stormtrooper rifle

I used LASKIP to get past the third level, the sewer level, that stopped me in my tracks when I was a kid. It feels so weird to actually play it as a regular shooter with mouseaim and quicksaves. I love it, but man some of these mazes are ridiculous.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
My brother and I spent 5 bucks each to put those on at Six Flags St. Louis in 2000 (I think). We got to play SiN multi-player for 5 minutes. It was real bad.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Doom Maternal

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Oh man I would watch a biopic about Neil Manke

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

HolyKrap posted:

Someone mentioned earlier that they wanted a Q3 remaster with a new singleplayer campaign and I can't stop thinking about it.

Who were these guys Sarge is fighting in the intro video?

Security at future Chili's

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Dangerous Dave 4: Quake V: Chaos at the Capitol

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
Yeah, Kyle flew the Crow once. Then they got a new ship.

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
- Superfly Johnson renamed "Jeff"

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.
I'd love to give Wrath a fair shake, if it's available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thedangergroove
Nov 14, 2004
Long for karate day.

SpaceAceJase posted:

Done! Check pm's

Thanks!!