Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

baby thread posted:

Funny, that last shot made a big impression on me.

My exact words were "Westeros is hosed."

What she was doing in the adoring crowd isn't the point, that shots point was the massive scale of the utterly loyal followers she has amassed around her. She has followers in numbers to rival most any city in Westeros and all of them 1000% more loyal to their "lord".

This scene served a different purpose than the march earlier in the season. That was a display of martial power, this was a display of love of connection to her new people.

Poor bastards. I hope those people like terrible Iraq allusions as well as I do

Oberst posted:

/\/\/\/\/\
Dont forget building a huge rear end fleet and having it promptly stolen

In Kawalimus' defense, he does have better things to do; like looking at birds

dude don't go crossing the streams. keep footbaw poster gossip out of my nerd scat fanfiction thread

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jun 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Improvisational jazz: it's the words you don't read that are most important.

I agree plot and taste are important

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

ExpletiveDeleted posted:

I also considered getting up to date on the show, but I quit a couple episodes into season two and I don't think I can take all the Ros sideplots that happen in between then and now.

Well Ros dies horribly*, so there's that

(offscreen, just like everything cool besides Robb Dies)

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

Honestly I just assume everyone is a mermaid until explicitly stated otherwise

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

Not My Goodies posted:

Did you really pull that quote for your avatar just now?

Fair warning, OSC is twice the pedophile GURM is. The kids spend half the book naked being uncomfortably physical with one another. Ender kills a kid by crushing his testicles as they wrestle in the shower.

The twist isn't that he wins, it's that there's a space battle going on at all. That's the gut punch at the end, the whole point of the story. Ender is Hitler Jesus Oppenheimer Skywalker.

E: If/when the GURM expires before finishing the series I hope they give it to OSC just so I can read a thread so bad it threatens to blot out the sun.

what is this black highlighted bullshit, dont yall motherfuckers know what thread this is

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

Is that correct, you can imprison your rivals and feed their manhood to goats? Guess I need the ck expansion

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

p.crestmont posted:

Darkstar is the OUYA.

Darkstar is definitely the Nokia Ngage

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

Urdnot Fire posted:

For sure. I recommend Portraits of His Children to all my show-watcher friends:

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

They could have at least done RobbWind

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

I didn't actually go up to a stranger and talk about these loving books.

Uh no you drunkenly yell at strangers about these books, come on

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

I'm telling you guys Jeff Goldblum should have been Oberyn

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

Shroud posted:

Also, epic troll-within-a-troll in the announcement

ugh i hate that FAT gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

quote:

Well, we have another wedding, a bigger wedding. 77 courses and all of the royal kingdom has assembled and it's supposed to be pretty amazing. We just finished filming it in Croatia. I unfortunately couldn't attend myself because they have me chained at my desk writing the next book, but from all the reports it was spectacular.

guess the show's cancelled then