Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Doc Hawkins posted:

James Bond. Your move. :smuggo:

e: actually, now that I think about it, since he's obviously fronting hard in order to be taken seriously and not seen as just the senator's son (wasn't Bond also a benificiary of nepotism in the original books?), his insecurity arguably makes him a more interesting and moral character than Bond.

I can think of about six hundred fictional spies, off the top of my head, who are more moral than Bond, so I'm not sure that's much of a compliment.

ps. this. game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Nehru the Damaja posted:

It was a long while back. It might have even been in the earlier thread.

I'll put it in spoilers because it touches on a lot of plot stuff including things that not everyone would know after beating the game just once.

Crazy theory

For whatever it's worth, I love this theory. I declare it canon.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Angela Christine posted:

It looked like a shooter. It is not a good shooter.

This is so true. I really like Alpha Protocol but it fails pretty spectacularly as a straight up third person action shooter.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

monster on a stick posted:

And keep playing, once you get out of Saudi Arabia it opens up and becomes the best game.

Pretty much this. Saudia Arabia is a bit of a slag but it's so worth it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Why would you want to change Alpha Protocol?

It's basically perfect as it is, even though there are parts of it that are totally atrocious and broken. It's an artifact at this point, and I think it should be enjoyed in its full, and truthful, splendor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
haha my next sentence completely explains why you want to play those parts.

But anyways, it's cool! I just hope everyone gets to enjoy Alpha Protocol because it is bonkers awesome. It is the best choose your own adventure novel ever written.

• Locked thread