Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

General Maximus posted:

Now that's just petty.

And yet entirely what's happening :gonk:

Ah well, enjoy your influx of new players. For better or worse :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Man, does the Questionite>Zen market ever dip below 190 again? I am seeing some crazy low exchange rates for Dillithium>Zen over in the STO thread, or is that only with new content releases as big as STO's?

EDIT: Ah, and crafting. Is that still used for costume bits and bobbins? What speciality should one shoot for with, say, a support; Mysticism?

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 25, 2012

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Warmachine posted:

I think that was the point though. The way I interpreted it was that we're fighting off these aliens and our attention is being spend there--oh no! A dastardly villain is taking advantage of our current crisis to advance his own interests! The nemesis thing though... that was just dumb. I love beating the poo poo out of my nemesis since it's fun and all. But it just seemed out of place.

Speaking of, the base Nemesis system STILL needs work. I understand why we can't have freeform nemesis powers, but could we get more power sets, and maybe custom minion? Or, more importantly, better personalities? Pretty sure that's been groused to no end, but how hard is it to write some more canned lines?

I'm going to sound like a pubbie about their precious characters' histories, but I do kinda sorta wish Cryptic would just fix Nemesis instances and the Nemesis creator. I want to see the minions in the creator, and after seeing the best and worst the game can throw at me with regards to players' biographies, I am curious to know what the hell they've written up for their Nemesis.

I mean, at the start of one Nemesis Smash run I just remarked, "Who is this shitbird?" as a, well, shittily rendered bird was touching up the goods on the docks. Apparently, the pub that made the guy exploded about how this guy killed his unborn divine children or some poo poo and I was a horrible person for then mocking his nemesis being a shoddily mismatched dude of parts and colours. And of course, not tanking during the fight. We did somehow pull it off, at least, but jesus, what an overreaction.

Unsurprisingly, his bio, of course, then mentioned aforementioned shitbird extensively in his background as the killer of his unborn scions and god knows what else.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Cuchulain posted:

Supports are great! Having one a a team is often the difference between success and complete failure.

It really is. And it made me all the more appreciative of supports, myself. Heck, I even bound a quick local message to prevent people respawning, ever since I unlocked the revive and advantage'd it up to revive a guy up to full health.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

prefect posted:

I made a character with all the Rock outfit pieces last week, and when I actually entered the tutorial, I was almost-naked. For some reason, the costume was available in the designer, but not in the actual game. :shrug:

Always, always select 'Hide unowned costume options'. Yes, you can select the costume from the dropdown menus, but with the option turned on to hide them, your player model will not show those 'owned' pieces you really don't own.

Also, gently caress grinding for Snakebucks. I just want one thousand :gonk:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

General Maximus posted:

The archetypes that get defiance don't get self healing abilities, though. I checked.

Freeform, mate. It's all about freeform.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Is there still any way for a player to bug their head's appearance into invisibility? With the new Devestator AT unlocked, I kinda wanna play a Dullahan, a Headless Horseman kinda dude.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

prefect posted:

Demoiselle Nocturne can do the same thing, but she's not as bad as Ao'Qephoth. :mad:

I like how the pubs (PUG? What's that even mean?) in RenCen Zone have dubbed him Ao'Phuckoph. While a mixed bag, it does cover the general concensus on this guy.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Guy Forget posted:

That limit is per character, so if you have the time you can generate as much as you want. Create character, farm questionite, sell it, delete character, repeat. People will dislike seeing level 6 characters in alerts, but it works.

:stare: Brill.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Speaking of builds, I'm sincerely considering putting in money to just try out the game as a Gold member and I kinda wanted to try my hand at freeforming. Notably, a Hybrid Tank mostly based on the Invincible/Power Armor AT.
Link here.

For the most part, I just want to stick into the melee while still being able to keep and maintain aggro on targets with a good range of ranged attacks. I wasn't sure what to do with Overdrive, but I kept it in since it's an Invincible staple. I did change the powerstats around from Ego/Int/Con to Ego/Con/Rec, and my talents include two instances of Fortified Gear, but I figured they actually stacked. Hybrid role is almost a must, see Debillitating Challenge.

Any feedback on this?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Metrohunter posted:

^^^ In my opinion, I'd take challenging strikes off Minigun and put it on a PBAoE instead since you have Plasma Beam already for a cone-wide taunt. Consider Lightwave Slash or something from an elemental set perhaps.

What PBAOE would you suggest? I kinda was looking at Infernal Epidemic, since it was nice enough flavour for my intended build (welcome back my dear Crab Spider Longfang), but I wasn't sure if it was damaging enough to maintain aggro and how long its activation was or not.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Catsworth posted:

Out of the 4 people I've added in-game so far, 50% of them have been on accident while trying to look at Info. :downsgun:

/bind ` target_info

BlueDestiny posted:

Is the Arcane Ritual pet a strong enough tank to work in Alerts if you max it out? Also, if I'm using lots of uncontrollable pets would they do more damage with ebon destruction in support or some offensive passive in ranged damage mode? scratch that, found out that role has no effect on powers of any pet category. Now I just have to decide between aura of primal majesty or ebon destruction.

Might as well go Ebon Destruction. Your pets will just poo poo out more damage, probably moreso than they would while benefitting from Primal Majesty. Plus you can totally go 'yeah my wolves and raptors breathe fire'.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Dec 15, 2012

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

prefect posted:

Every time I start using Holo Hex parts, I wind up annoyed that there are no Holo Hex Armor shoulderpads, just the Holo Hex Field ones. :argh:

And me, wondering why they have no thigh holy hex fields as well to go with the shin fields.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Dumb question, maybe, but what are the quicker ways to earn up to the daily 8K Questionite refining limit on any given char? There's the dailies, 2K, ranging from easily done to nervewracking if you're stuck with pubbies in a group on bad villains, 1.5K from running Gravitar and surviving, and right now Hi Pan's alert giving a Questionite box that may contain a windfall. But outside of some lucky bosses in the Alerts or diligently farming Questionite boxes on Purple Reign (EDIT: which you can't mail to your alts, obviously) , what can a person do to relatively quickly get their Questionite in?

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 17, 2012

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
So I've removed Crippling Challenge from this build and added in Epidemic as a PbAOE on this altered Power Armor-based build. I'll probably play this as a tanking Hybrid, for the Bulwark Hybrid role +threat generation. Would you all say this is a pretty solid ranged tank that can still stand a beating? Or should I allocate advantages elsewhere or rethink power selection?

EDIT: Oh motherfucker. I pony up for Gold membership and I suddenly get locked out of using my Silver characters that I played yesterday with just fine as a Gold member. The Play button is greyed out.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 19, 2012

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Tsurupettan posted:

You have to click the 'Convert' button which lets you choose to keep the current AT, go freeform, or choose another AT.

Do I at least get to make all my four normal character slots (yeah, I bought two character slots on the last sale) Silver again after my subscription runs out?

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Tsurupettan posted:

You can convert them to an AT you have access to.

Well, cheers. Let's hope I can at least do this indefinitely.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Section Z posted:

Huh, that's surprising. I can understand them locking you out of your shiny freeform characters if you stop being a Gold subber... But why the hell would they lock you out of your F2P Archetypes that you can still create and use as a Gold?

Bonus enraged confusion because you're getting slammed with this surprised after you give them money.

Well, the CO forums seem to state it's just a backwards way of keeping characters accessible. I can freely convert them back to Silver, and it's not like I'm gonna convert them all to Freeform. So I should be alright. Just curious why the conversion is mandatory.

Anyway, that means at least I too can join in on creating more effective (and/or more gimmicky) builds and concepts.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I seem to be catching conflicting info about this, and with the wiki being out of date, I figured I'd best ask here.

When does the Bloodmoon event run? I can't seem to find anything on the ingame calendar, and with th skull'n'book markers still being still on the MC overworld, maybe there is some credence behind the word being that this event runs monthly.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Roughly monthly. Sometimes it doesn't happen in one month.

So how would you know it even runs? And it probably only runs for a few hours, if that. Cryptic :psyduck:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

So! Time to get some laughs in on this dumb game anon! Pocket D Bingo lives again as Club Caprice Bingo!

Join our host, the Bingo Bot, as it traverses the Millennium City nightlife and will forever be scarred. Fun! Games! Adventure! Probably pubbie tears!

And best of all, the Bingo Bot happily accepts entries from up and coming contestants!

Updates and unhappy contestants! I can hardly wait!

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Well those are just glorious.

In other news, I found out Diaper Wolf has alts. Diaper wolves, too. BINGO!

Part of me died today, and the English Language is still suffering from a near-fatal blow.

And you are right, word salads are oh so drat commmon.

Further entries coming tomorrow or the day after. Because chriiist there is so much bad. So much. Bad.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 10, 2013

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

HukHukHuk posted:

Make a hero called Abyss Watcher, its a free game after all.

That, and they added a new short boss run instance that any L35+ player can queue up for. The Lemurian invasion is pretty keen, even for supporty characters. Get back in the groove.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Another day, another update of Club Caprice Bingo!

Including, but not limited to:

This dude literally screaming for Bingo Bot to stop following him and ruining his chances at talking up cute dudes!

This dude, shaming the Polish and the Dutch at the same time. Also, bonus points for Memories of Auswitz, 1942: "On a strange way we still had fun."

InGen's small homeroom elephant!

And oh god. This mess. Oh jesus.

Join the fun!

EDIT: Allatum caught a detail I missed. Bingo!

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 11, 2013

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Man. The RP crowd hates ribbing and fun.

In the meantime, I'll work that entry out as well, and I'll get to the bottom of this with PWE/Cryptic support. If I can continue the bingo somehow, I am willing to make some more concessions. However, their rulings had better be airtight.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Aphrodite posted:

Where did the bio link?

Club Caprice Bingo, obviously.

Allatum posted:

So it's perfectly OK to tell people that a female character has a dick in a bio. But if you make fun of dick chicks it's against the rules.

Also something I asked in the support ticket. I can still run the bingo, obviously. Just not link to it in the meantime. Of course, the cool crowd of not-obnoxious 'MRP' flaunting people that know about it applaud it anyway.

raocow posted:

Woah, wait, really? Since when?

Since the On Alert gear, power and stat revision, if I recall correctly from the forums.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

OneEightHundred posted:

Keep in mind that for some inexplicable reason, most of the costume creator is locked until you reach I think level 10 on at least one char.

Finishing the tutorial, actually.

But yeah, the game has its share of dumb design decisions.

Sad thing with all this Foundry talk, is that this game will not at any time soon get a Foundry overhaul. I'd love to just gently caress around with one.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Hypothetically speaking, how much work would 'tagging' art assets and mobs be for a CO Foundry? I mean, beyond actually working out a GUI and testing the whole mess.

Trailturtle's remarks about a Foundry simile being implemented being slim to none due to this particular issue alone being so much work has me wondering if this supposed 'tagging' could be done by a small team of interns or, heaven forbid, crowdsourcing.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Speaking of new content, newly revised Telepathy as a means to sprinkle actually useful buffs and debuffs around is looking pretty nice.

Mind, as it stands, no actual new or actual community content :sigh:

At least the Bingo steadily keeps filling up.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Light Gun Man posted:

Note that the game has decided to for some reason lock out a lot of the costume options until you have cleared the tutorial at least once, I think. It was that way last time I played anyway.

Still is! It's dumb, but there you go.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Neurolimal posted:

I just started it up through steam and didn't need to download the frontend? I mean it's not done patching so maybe at the end it will go "HAH! Sucker. starting PWSteam download now", but so far it's running just fine.

EDIT: Nope, started and it's completely OK with just steam.

I can attest to that. Works dandy with Steam, works dandy with just the executable by itself, and updates just as fine.

I guess everyone wants in on the whole online distribution platform. I just wonder why though.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Cuchulain posted:

Tonight, goons teamed and played the game. whaaaaaa seriously though dudes should come and punch guys in the dick with us sometime.

Damnit, I want to run some Therakiel's or Resistance with goons. Timezones! :argh:

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
You might want to change your table around to group your Energy Unlocks together, and pick one freely come selection.

Overdrive is a great unlock, though, and not at all limited to Power Armor alone. It triggers off any maintained power. Running it on my main support, where Skarn's Bane is her bread and butter, and on my PbAOE-centric tank: Hurricane up to half charge, lather, rinse, repeat.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Flesh Forge posted:

Good lord Poison Infernal is nuts.

The best thing about Poison is that it's an Elemental damagr type. Anyone running Fire/Inferno and has Fire Snake can rack up the -damage resistance fast and hard.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Bloodly posted:

...I ain't played this in years, and never got to max level. Don't know if the account's still there. And yet I'm looking at the various pet skills and trying to figure a way to make a pure pet build work 'from the beginning'. The safest bet would probably be starting in Shadow(For the sake of Lifedrain and Grasping Shadows so you've got lockdown and healing, as well as the Void Horror) and branching off from there.

I just saw a wonderful Ultimate Power in an Alert earlier. It's mostly thematic, rather than an actual Ultimate Power summon, so if you don't care about how many powers you can have beyond all the pets, get MA/Fury of the Dragon. Summons a giant gently caress-off dragon. That was pretty sweet to see.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Exmond posted:

Edit: I still have my draysha gun (There was a bug that made people that huge in the picture jjac posted). The bug no longer works but the damage buff is pretty nice.

Male models still get crazy huge and buff. Not insane huge, just crazy huge. Far less noticable on female models, mind.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Exmond posted:

As huge as JJAC in the picture he posted? I drayshed one of the goons in a forum run and he didn't get super huge.

Well, I did say crazy huge. Not insane huge.

Like, twice the size buff about from a Burst alert.

Sadly, such size increases are only possible with full Enrage + Growth (though there is a Devestator attack that you can spam on the fly without a target for Enrage stacks) and cycling the Supersizer on.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Oh well though, I'm thinking I'll probably just say screw it to trying to save these stupid heirlooms I have and start a new guy unless someone can tell me a way to transfer the gear without needing a Hideout.

I suppose you could co-ordinate trading items with a goon or friend and transferring them over if they're not bound. Unless it's bound to your account. Then you kinda sorta do want that hide-out.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

General Maximus posted:

I'm pretty sure Conviction heals for precisely gently caress all with no presence, might want to take something else in place of that.

It's a short cooldown instant heal, statting off your max health levels and giving you a bonus health buffer against a next hit. Even without Presence, it's a great quick heal with just a bit of skill cooldown reduction. And it's useful for triggering Molecular Self-Assembly.

Personally, I run Conviction on anything that is supposed to take a few hits.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Oh. Yeah. At times, it pretty much looks like that.

The returning running joke is that people wonder how she got her job as a musician in the first place.

And stupidly enough, they link to Sapphire's song on the CO news page, but not the more tolerable DJ Madbot gig. Speaking of which, after double EXP, I need to see if I can retrieve that music from the game files. I need something gamey enough to replace Caprice's poo poo with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Cleretic posted:

Whiteout is pretty strong, but I still think the best content in the game, especially for repeat enjoyment, is Nemcon. It builds on the main reason anyone even tried this game, and does so in a pretty strong way. It's also got a lot of variety in repeat runs, since everyone's going to design a different Nemesis with different powers.

It would probably be a bit more fun if they fleshed out the Nemesis sets some for that, maybe give every separate set a power that requirs a bit of strategy. Something like the soul-sucking power the Elder Worm Alert boss gets. Although I guess that'd take away from the reason people do Nemcon so often.

Sadly, it's been stated in the various dev news updates that the Nemesis System isn't due for immediate bug fixing or revisions still, if we have to go by Trailturtle. Which is a shame, since minion previews are still broken, weapon customisation won't be included, and newer AT's aren't included at all.