Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The price is what the price is. There's no point in complaining about it. Dehumanize yourself and face to Tim Apple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

FCKGW posted:

B&H has the Space Grat M2 Air 16/512 for $1349 which is $150 off. 256gb config is $1149
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1710353-REG/apple_mbam2sg_05_13_6_macbook_air_m2.html

I think Best Buy had them on sale as well but they're sold out.

Apple is also doing a $175 Apple Gift card with purchase of an M2 Air. I'm waiting to see if that qualifies on the education purchases as well. If so then that's $1379 + $175 gift card which is not a bad deal.

This B&H model dropped further to $1299. Just picked one up for the wife.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Perplx posted:

I have ptsd from working in a small town computer repair store during the xp to 7 era and I require a Mac to lower my blood pressure.

lol same. Worked in PC repair for 5 years during the XP -> Vista transition and never wanted to touch another Windows box again

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

edit: nvm

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

hatty posted:

macs computers are bad actually

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Hasturtium posted:

Yes, if legitimate, that is boner

I posted it yesterday in this thread :(

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

xgalaxy posted:

Good luck ever actually receiving it.
BH is horrible for listing products like this and then you never actually get it and you have to cancel your order months later or they do it for you.

I bought one yesterday and it's already shipped.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Amateurs

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Microcenter and Woot both carry Apple Certified refurbs now. Unfortunately both retailers also sell non-Apple refurbs so you gotta keep an eye out.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

One thing I just noticed on the new M3 Airs is they added a 3rd stock config, which is 16gb/512gb.

They used to just have the 8/256 and 8/512. This should also mean that 3rd party retailers like Costco and Best Buy will carry the 16/512 configs and, when those stores run sales, won't just be limited to the 8gb configs.

That's actually very interesting news. Best Buy regularly takes a couple hundred off their macs when they run sales.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Poking around on Walmart's site at Windows laptops around the same price point, you can indeed find many laptops with 16gb and 512gb or higher but they all also have 1080p screen or worse, which is IMO a far bigger crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Plug in a USB keyboard and mouse. If it works then it’s your ribbon cable as mentioned above.