Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Off the top of my head it has a bunch of bonus scenes which connect it more firmly to SMT1. I think it's 12 or 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
From memory the issue with his patch wasn't that he kept off-color jokes (its Goemon), it was that he translated it as a slur and went "gently caress you for telling me to watch my mouth what other ways could you do this" and melting down when a lot of people had alternate ideas.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
It is firmly "C-game" territory, B-game if you're generous.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

wizard2 posted:

Whats this about SMT 5 on PC? I assume its gonna happen bc of the Microsoft/Sega partnership, but all I can source is weird AI clickbait. Id get a Steam Deck just for this for the graphical upgrade and achievements alone

Short version: a "tripping some red flags" portrait of an alleged leak is going around that mentions SMTIV+A, SMTV, and a third one I forget, I only saw the image as discussion on Discord where people were picking it apart. Another thing people are calling out is that it suggests it will go to MS platforms, Steam, and Switch, with no Sony mention at all.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
The next time someone complains about the teleporters in Strange Journey, I'm going to point them to the last floors of the Soul Matrix in Soul Hackers 2. A worse series of teleport mazes in a game with a much worse map system.

I'm now convinced that these labyrinths are just here to make more filler dungeons with less assets, and this is a game that already has 2.5 subway dungeons.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

chaosapiant posted:

I’m currently towards the end of the Bootes sector. How many more are there?

Both very minor spoilers, but if you want to be as blind as possible...
Short answer: There are six more.
Longer answer: Depending on whether you go for old or new endings, there might be something in the range of eight more because of new dungeons.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

Rinkles posted:

I didn’t look into it, but I heard the Redux stories additions are dumb.

I know I'm higher on Redux than some, but I thought they were very interesting attempts by the writing team to address criticisms of the original game/endings.

Do not know how they'd hit as your first go without that context, however.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
I feel like, especially with polishing up P3 in a new fancier edition, and just the blatant artwork similarity in character designs, I'm gonna shoot my shot early. This new game is going to have a twist halfway in that it's all in the head of a statuefied P3 protag.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

hughesta posted:

I will be buying SMT V again because that game rocks and I am a rube

I feel like price is gonna be a huge factor in whether I rebuy. I got all the blood out of that stone on Switch, so unless there's a real meaty expansion or a budget cost, I can sit it out

But I know drat well the cost is gonna be my tipping point.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
SH2 does have some of the worst teleport mazes I've ever seen due to the combo of "identical gray void" and "dogshit map", bottom easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF

ImpAtom posted:

I don't mind SH2's because they follow really easy to understand rules and due to the nature of the dogshit map you actually can see where each place goes together visually.

This was not my case on the final floor or two of the character dungeons, but by that point I was also just slogging through with the lone map out there anyway.