Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Agean90 posted:

I can't believe he hijacks the school intercom to ask me when we're doing our jungian psychology crimez that week

"I'm here to make an announcement, Suguru Kamoshida is a punk rear end bitch and has a little dick. I also pissed in your gym bag, you idiot!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Lavenza sucks bring back Caroline

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If Goro shoots Human Morgana he will be forgiven into sainthood

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Add more weird adult loving but have it be with someone who is more interesting than spoiled milk aka Sae

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGsjkrjJKOI

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Arist posted:

It seems pretty plausible at this point that Sony's got some kind of behind-the-scenes exclusivity deal for mainline Persona games.

Let's not act like Atlus has ever not been behind on the curb or completely oblivious about what the current scope of the generation they're in is. They released P4 well after the PS2 was in its dying stages and their only switch game announced as of right now is SMT5 which we've seen nothing of and they've made no efforts to really act like they're gonna put anything else out for it. Scramble is getting onto the Switch but that is a game not developed by them at all. Full Body got a loving Vita port of all things in Japan despite it being mostly dead rn and such an obvious Switch game. I doubt Sony has been dipping their toes into Atlus behind the scenes that much and if they have it was probably for poo poo like P5 actually getting a PS4 port.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Etrian Odyssey are also games Atlus developed and the first came out within a year of the 3ds release I wanna say? Their track record on handhelds has been a lot better than major consoles have been, at least. Hell, P4G came out pretty early into the Vita's lifespan (Though idk what early constitutes in a handheld that died within 3 years in America and 5 in Japan) and is also one of the few reasons to ever get a Vita.

Their heyday was in the ps2 where the majority of their unique and cool games everyone talks about were made, but PS2 was also one of the easiest consoles to develop and churn out games for.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They will hire him back and I will be happy

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was Kitajoh and he's also who composed the previous game. He's the other go to composer they have when Meguro can't be used and usually does the spinoffs and a few tracks in some of the main games.

Iirc he did the new music for Ultimax as well since Meguro didn't do that despite doing the original Arena.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ryota Kozuka did the SMTIV and Apocalypse OSTs and he's been around since P4. The general Atlus sound team for almost the last decade has been Meguro, Kitajoh, Kozuka, Toshiki Konishi, and Kenichi Tsuchiya.

Meguro and Tsuchiya have both been around the longest working on the soundtracks for a lot of Atlus' games since the original Persona on the PS1 back in 97. Tsuchiya also worked with Meguro on SMT3 and the DDS' OSTs as well to give you an idea of what else he's worked on and he was one of the leads on the P2 OSTs doing a lot of the battle and cutscene music. Kozuka and Kitajoh both got brought on around the same time: Kitajoh with the Growlanser that preceded P4's release and Kozuka with P4. Both Kozuka and Kitajoh are the two other names that are credited as working on the P4 OST aside from Meguro. If you've played an Atlus game that Meguro didn't do the osts for after P4, these two more than likely had a large hand in their soundtracks. Finally, there's Toshiki Konishi who got brought in for the P2IS PSP soundtrack and has been part of the team since. Konishi hasn't really been in a lead spot for an OST over, he's mostly worked with Kitajoh and Kozuka on games they've been on and been a major hand in those.

Also I completely forgot Meguro did do some songs on PQ1, but it was a lot less than what Kitajoh and Konishi did so it's easier to miss.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also each one of them did a newly arranged track at the end of each game's disc on the 20th Anniversary Soundtrack and of course Tsuchiya rearranged Maya's theme for like the fourth time (Not that I blame him, he did a good job making that theme)

If you wanna hear the general difference in their styles this isn't a bad way to do it aside from just outright comparing how certain songs are made by them from different games

Kozuka got Legends Awaken from P1
I already mentioned Tsuchiya doing Maya's Theme again
Kitajoh did Mass Destruction on the P3 disc
Konishi did Your Affection from P4
The P1 Arrange of Wake Up, Get Up, Get Out There was almost definitely done by Meguro but he is not personally credited like the others are though he oversaw the entire 20th anniversary collection's creation and arrangements and literally came into the company with P1 so there's 0 chance he's not responsible for this

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's very clearly will.i.am

Holy poo poo they have Miyano channeling Berg-Katze at the end there

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The fact they made a character like Barry Goodman and spent the money to get Yuichi Nakamura to voice him and then didn't make him playable is still the greatest crime of that game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If you are asking me do I want a Nakamura character playable the answer is yes

Where is my Karamatsu action game

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Golden Girls was a famous thing that happened and your generalization doesn't really work for eastern media either, so idk what this lame rear end take is other than stupid

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Atlas Hugged posted:

"There once existed a television show" isn't exactly a brilliant take. Apologies if a cast too wide of a net, but my hyperbole aside, you should have known what I meant.

My point was that in a great deal of other JRPGs made by different companies regardless of the time period or world the game is set in, there's an older woman, usually in some kind of position of authority over you (at least at first), who loves to get her drink on and is either a romance option in games that have those or very openly and without and subtlety hits on the protagonist who is usually a young man, and most often under 18.

It's an incredibly specific archetype that I don't think:

I apologize then for making a low effort snippy comment, these are usually bad faith comments people make and it's really easy to make snide remarks to them. Anyways, to add more to the point being made there's a decent amount of anime and video games that use these stereotypes and yeah, the drunken older lady who hits on younger men does make its way into a decent amount of stuff and there's no real point of origin for it as far as I can tell, it's just a stereotype that gets used and writers like making characters like these sometimes so that's just it. I can't really think of a lot of stereotyped characters that have a base point of origin, even someone like Tora in P5 is just made up of differing Japanese politicians (As is Shido for that matter). He even kinda resembles a current politician in Japan who goes around shouting into a megaphone street side in parks annoying people into voting for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Happy Birthday Ryuji

https://twitter.com/sarahwellock84/status/1146373019784417280?s=12