Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Should be noted from the two images we have of them the twins there have eye patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Given the sins that showed up in the first trailer and fly guy. Who thinks the bosses of the this game are going to be Demons based on sins. Like Gluttony is Beelzebub and Greed is Mammon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Terper posted:

I mean, the first boss is named "Asmodeus", so

Oh were was that shown. Asmodeus is the demon of lust so he was one of the expected. If he is that boss monster we first saw. I thought that was Mammon.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LostRook posted:

It confuses me because he's carrying a bunch of cutlery and a wine glass, right? Shouldn't that be for Gluttony?

Fly man is for sure Gluttony as that has always been Beelzebub's territory. Gluttony does not even need to be related to food, just taking more then you should.

However Kamoshida is actually stated to be the school's gym teacher and the first level is called Kamoshida's palace. (There is also belief that he is stalking Anne.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 10, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The difference is that the English release will not have a PS3 version.

That would suck for me as PS3 is all I got.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I heard that some games and anime are not given duel audio, because the Japanese will import them, because it's actually cheaper for them to do that.

This is just hearsay though and I don't know if it's true.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I must say I love what I can hear of the battle theme.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's also for PS3. So if you don't own a Ps4 it's fine.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab0bPPs3AI4

It's just funny to look at Morgona watching the movie and popping out of the protag's bag.

Also Futaba is really really short.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here a link to a cool song from P5. I believe the theme is for when you get the drop on enemies.

http://estipse.tumblr.com/post/150303768335/lyn-last-surprise

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ImpAtom posted:

Oh no, not memes!

(I've seen like two or three references to Japanese memes in Persona 5 already but I'm willing to bet those apparently don't 'count' for whatever reason.)

That said, I actually like the stealth mechanics in P5. I might get tired of them later on but they're a neat gimmick so far.

Edit:

Hey Belphagor you should have been the second boss.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TWIST FIST posted:

thsi is the best news

Here is the boss theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9d8zBnbt8fA

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Out of curiosity Baal. What is your opinion on the third target.Whose Demon form shares your username, despite clearly being based on Beelzebub.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Sep 22, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Baal posted:

His boss fight was funny, but it's just another in a line of bosses I did not care for and thought was lame. Tbh though it's not like I've ever really liked any Persona bosses with the exception of like Adachi into Ameno-Sagiri, so it's not like this game is lighting my world on fire, but most of the bosses in this game feel pretty lame and uninspired. Also, idk why they keep swapping names around for demons because Mammon is supposed to be greed, but they switched Beelzebub to the greed demon and renamed him to Baal and Mammon is the gluttony demon for some reason. That being said the fourth dungeon boss fight sucked hard, oh my god am I not looking forward to fighting it again on replay.

I meant more about the 3rd Targets character and stuff, but this is nice to know.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Minor p5 spoiler from something I saw that is just really cool looking. Like in p3 and p4 the velvet room assistants are fightable and they are stylish. http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1474685799391.webm

Edit just copy the link.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Sep 24, 2016

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Appearntly DC Douglas is going to be Kamoshida in P5.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

wet your whistlers mother posted:

There's no actual confirmation that he is kamoshida just that he is a teacher of some sort of which there are more than a few I can think of for him to voice.

Yeah I just got some hearsay. Do you think it would be a good actor for him out of curiosity.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I like his voice. It fits.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
DC Douglas is Kamoshida.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah from that live stream I thought it sounded good.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Captain Baal posted:

I also have to wonder why Hashino thought it was a good idea to create another Tatsuya after a game came out where there were already two Tatsuyas.

Well his name was Takaya not Tatsuya.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Crabtree posted:

I never can understand why Japan is sort of Okay with making one of their most significant people in history look so goddamn sinister all the time. Especially when their history is chock full of warlords.

He is actually a cool dude in Nioh.

Nobunaga is just sort of a controversial person in Japan.

Like they were similarly split about his his killer Akechi Mitsuhide. Some viewing him as justified in his betrayal of Nobunaga while others see him as disgrace to samurai for backstabbing his lord and prolonging the war by halting Nobunaga's unification of the country.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We will be getting info about the upcoming Switch game in October.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

So I have an Innocent Sin plot question. Dunno if I should spoiler it?

Just in case:
Was Hitler always Nyarlathotep? While rumors made real people act crazy or different, I'm unsure if all the people who were literally conjured from thin air are actual people or just extensions of it. Basically were all the Nazis and Mayan Aliens Nya? The aliens noticeably had the exact same powers as the heroes which I figured was supposed to mean...something. They were Nya's fabricated counterparts or jokes at our expense?

Yes they were always Nyarly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

Also, if I may continue what I said a few pages ago now about Persona battle themes, I think Innocent Sin might have my favorite final boss theme. It's a tough call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQVKqFXKa00

It's both impressive and inspirational, conveying the menace of what you're fighting while also making you feel like you're more than up to the task of loving up this evil god.

I'm so glad they brought this back for EP. Fighting Nyarl is a lot more satisfying in that. You can just hear the impotent fury when he screams "SUCCUMB, SUCCUMB! "as you beat the poo poo out of him. He's a much less graceful loser than the later gods would be. Izanami basically gives you a high five for beating her up.

Also there need to be more extended versions of IS' music on YT. I bought Innocent Sin's soundtrack boxset years ago and now I can finally listen to it. Only... none of the songs repeat. That means most tracks barely reach a minute in length and are over before you an appreciate them.

The theme is also a remix of the main theme of P2.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Zore posted:

Yusuke does have like the worst intro of any party member in the series. And is just creepy until he joins the team and suddenly drops that to become weird and cool?

But man that first impression is hard to get over.

Honestly if you look back at his first appearances you can tell it's largely part of him being weird and kinda clueless.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Vengarr posted:

Hot take: Ann is the best and I laughed every time she chumped someone with her thespian skills.

Remind me who the anime villainness she admires is? It's not Fujiko, right?

I think it was Fujiko.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Onomarchus posted:

Yusuke was raised from age 3 by a villainous user, so it's not a surprise he acts somewhat like a villainous user himself while he's still under his abuser's thumb. Looking back on the game it's pretty clear he only wanted to use Ann as a model and didn't have a sexual interest in her, for whatever that's worth.

Later on he adopts Sojiro as a role model/father figure and becomes a better person.

Not really Yusuke does not really change from meeting Sojiro. Honestly up until recent years it seemed that Madarame was a decent parent. (Yusuke social link is him going through the exact same stuff that happened to Madarame.)

Yusuke never really seems to realize that Ann was uncomfortable being nude for his portrait. And that what he was doing was creepy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheKingofSprings posted:

Nothing about Madarame was anything but superficially decent

Oh yeah when we meet him of course. Though like others we know he was not always that way. He raised Yusuke since he was 3. Though in the latter years he became exploitative towards him. Madarame was stated to have pretty much went through he same stuff Yusuke did. (Namely being poor, coming upon artist block, and being hurt by the art worlds politics.) In order to get out of being a poor artist he stole his student Yusuke's mom's final work and passed it off as his own. Then adopted Yusuke in both to hide the truth and likely out of some guilt. Eventually deciding that stealing the art of his students made it easy for him to get money and fame now that he was established.

He is still a bad person of course. But Yusuke himself stated that he had changed and became full on exploitative rather then the parent he remembered.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NikkolasKing posted:

Mastema was really cool in Strange Journey. He did nothing but help you and the game is all about fighting a bunch of preachy Chaos assholes.

I'm aware there is some stuff in the Chaos Route but I didn't see that so it didn't really effect my playthrough. In the regular game, Mastema is of great assistant every time he shows up.

Mastema is also very helpful in SMT IV.

I love when he pretends to be a generic rear end in a top hat Demon and what seems to be a boss fight starts. He starts giving his pre boss fight speech, then says more or less. "Nah I am just loving with you" and the boss fight stops and he helps you out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looking at the Demon popularity Poll I am pretty surprised Mastema came in 4th place. He's not bad or anything. But I thought he would have been much lower.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tired Moritz posted:

Kanekk's feet doesn't look that bad

If you assume they are standing on their toes I would say it look decent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

the male cast has which are supposed to be about putting evil/unfaithful men on trial.

Which is blatantly false. Vincent pointed it out more or less saying. "I did not cheat on anyone you sent some succubus into my dreams making me think I did. Basically making up an excuse to torment me."

Also I think most men whether accepting of transsexual people or not would be weirded out after finding out the girl they had sex with and had a crush on used to be a guy.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Dec 20, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I would say they were a bit better the Chaos faction in IV. As some people were going to get a good ending with it, it's just that tons of others were not. While in Chaos Ending everything sucks for basically everyone.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I was talking about the IV Law ending, where everyone the Angels did not kill for being unclean got to live peacefully forever. Vs the Chaos Ending where all of those people were murdered then the world became a hellscape with everyone being tormented by Demons.

Naturally Neutral is the right answer and both of those assholes should be taken out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Wark Say posted:

Mastema, who's been well-established to be a sketchy mo'fo".

Though he actually appears to be decently good aligned in IV.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
And honestly even if you do run away, the 8th day scenario is not a horrible ending if you do things right.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I enjoyed day 8 a lot.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
To be fair this may just sound worse in summary than in actual story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I feel like people are overreacting to stuff that always does not sound as good in summary. I am not really having any issues with the changes.