Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Literally the most boring thing they could have done with P5, nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No because that's not doing anything

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I wasn't expecting 2020 for P5 Royal to be honest. I thought the fact that they released Looking Cool Joker in Smash bros meant they were getting ready for something. I'm guessing that "Something" is a switch port coming earlier, which I'm also guessing means its the base game.

I wouldn't believe it if Atlus didn't also announce they were doing a "Royal" type release of Catherine, and porting the base game to new platforms at the same time

I do not understand Atlus business decisions 90% of the time

They don't care because people will buy whatever they pump out anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll play Persona Warriors sure

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From what I understand Japan doesn't have an SMS service so people needed internet capable phones to send 'mail' which is literally just e-mail.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I wasn't going to buy a remake of a game I already bought like two years ago regardless

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'm still not buying it

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Detective No. 27 posted:

SMTIV came out in May 2013, just two years after the release of the 3DS.

Making games in resolution higher than 400 x 240 takes more time.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

projecthalaxy posted:

Do we know for sure yet if P5S is going to just be the Phantom Thieves? It would be weird to have a Musou game with like seven playable characters, but if its a sequel to P5 then the earlier game kids will all be like in their mid to late 20s without the benefit of PQ's pocket dimensions and time travel.

Eh they didn't have many more than that for the Berserk game

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Lol I can't believe they did it. The Switch has actual RPGs worth playing though so a spinoff of a spinoff of a spinoff is a bit less exciting. Between Fire Emblem, Dragon Quest, and Pokemon, remastered versions of FF8, FF10, FF12, I don't think that many people are gonna be clamoring for a new JRPG in January.

And then they loving released Divinity Original Sins 2 TODAY with no announcement lol

#FE is better than all of those games apart from probably Fire Emblem and Pokemon and I've no interest in the latter

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't like Dragon Quest

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Idol culture is obviously worse than all of those

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

AngryRobotsInc posted:

The Dynasty Warriors: Gundam games beg to differ. First one is...okay, and then they rapidly went pretty crap.

2 was worse but the couple after that were better

Nothing holds a candle to Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 for lovely Warriors spin-offs

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Berserk Musou was mostly fine just needed more content. gently caress the bosses though, ugh

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can't self-insert on someone who has a voice

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah Yakuza 7 looks good

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Back to Yakuza again

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sega does what Nintendon't

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

A Sinister Rap posted:

Minako is better because being a cute girl is better.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Well yeah I've had it on my Vita for years

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Teddie sounds fine in Japanese? Certainly not bad enough to get all 'he'll make you want to kill yourself' hyperbolic anyway.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei posted:

y'all are getting way too angry and heated over games about high schoolers punching people's brains

just enjoy the fun video game with the hard difficulty and good music

Turn your brain off and consume, a message worthy of Persona (3-5) indeed

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cleretic posted:

The next Steam release will be the DemiKids Collection and we're all gonna like it

I'd prefer that to a game I already bought twice before

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Pierce is the name of Chris' buddy in his campaign in RE5, dont even have to go outside Capcom.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

YggiDee posted:

Pierce from the Saints Row series.

:yeah:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nocturne was one of those games that by the time they got around to a western localisation there was already an updated version out in Japan so we got that with a Matador surprise.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In that case they shouldn't have given the option to reroll at all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Guess that's how they decided to balance re-reolling skills

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cleretic posted:

It's probably the Nintendo-Other Company Collaborative Spinoff that I hear the most unreserved support of. Granted, that isn't the biggest field, but the general feedback of it I've seen is 'if you think you'll like this, it's great'. Which is a lot better than you get around, like, Hyrule Warriors, where a whole bunch of people's responses are apparently kneejerk warnings about Warriors games.

You're lucky if you've never heard idol discourse

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Why do I bring these things up

'Everything involving idols is bad because the real life idol industry is bad' basically

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They probably would have made the combat more interesting if they had.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Atlus should let her play Persona 3 imo

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It also comes up every week in this very thread

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Baofu deez nuts

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

That's for the digital deluxe edition, the normal one comes out next week because they wanted to fleece people who couldn't wait five days.
Well unless everyone is :yikes:ing at it being $60 I guess.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I'll get it when it's not £45 for a PS2 game lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They announced a Steam version of Koudelka like... 5 years ago which never materialised

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

being able to switch to merciful after you already started a hardmode game is some dumb poo poo

You cheated not only the game....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

And also occasionally your mc gets an unlucky one shot before you even take a turn