Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Arist posted:

Is there even a single Megaten game anywhere near hard enough to justify the devs saying this?

Any of the SNES games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SMT cool, Persona hates gay people

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eva's biggest influence is Gerry Anderson shows, especially Captain Scarlet and UFO.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Those people told you wrong

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How do I beat this spaceman guy with with the robots because I've gone from mostly enjoying P5R to never wanting to play it again in the space of one lovely boss.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Okay how do I make my dps high enough to kill the blue robots and big green robots in two turns before they reset and I have to start again because currently it is apparently not.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No because I forgot damage items existed so I never passed to the two characters who couldn't hit weaknesses. Having never really needed to before I didnt realise it upped your damage that much.

E: is there anywhere you can buy basic spell items as I'm not sure I have enough.

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 08:14 on May 17, 2022

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's been incredibly easy so far?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUxzbnKKzf8

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Weird comparison for Earthbound because for most of the game you are going around a bunch of shines collecting the magic macguffin, the difference is in the setting.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

How much game is there after the original ending in P5R is there? Is Maruki's palace it or is there more after that? Kinda ready for it to be over now ngl

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Thank god

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Fortunately they make a point of telling you that Maruki was going to leave school soon so I got him up to rank 10 asap, I would have been pissed if I hadn't and that meant missing out on the end stuff. The dialogue choices are pretty obvious as least.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Platinum too busy making gaas games with single digit user bases lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Does P5 Strikers have a proper post-game like Warriors titles or is it just over at the credits like P5?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FeMC is good because if I'm going to play as a boring nobody I'd rather look cute doing it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Atlus games always look pretty slick at least

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

I feel like I live in a different world from people where any modern SMT game besides P5 was particularly slick. I enjoyed the hell out of SMTV but a visual tour de force it was not.

P5 looked loving amazing but I am pretty sure it's budget was higher than SMTIV, IVA, V and SH2 put together.

(SH2 had a budget of a buck fifty mind youm)

'Looking slick' and 'good graphics' are not the same thing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you're playing the PS5 version of Soul Hackers 2 turn the Loading Hints setting to 'hide', it makes the loading times go from 10 seconds literally instantaneous lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It is wack as gently caress to me that they're selling a demon pack for 12.99. Especially since it seems at least from the store description that there's not even any fights or mini story attached to them? The demon DLC in the 3ds era games and SMT5 at least had the good graces to do that much.

Yeah they've gone full on KT with the DLC (well maybe not quite yet), I just ignore that crap so it doesn't really make any difference to me but it still sucks.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I think the only thing that's weird with combat system is the Stack system doesn't really disadvantage you at all (so far anyway). Not complaining, it's just odd playing an SMT game where I haven't been hosed over by an unlucky crit or having the wrong weaknesses.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Anyone know how far I am through the story if I just killed Iron Masks pet demon? Feels like I've spent the majority of the time doing side stuff and I've no idea how long the main quest is going to be lol.
Aion just gave the the third part of the broken COMP sidequest and was like 'I'd do this sooner rather than later before you carry on with other stuff' so I was wondering.

I do have one major complaint now, the amount of items you can carry is relatively low, especially powerful healing items, and if you're full and you pick another one up it's just lost forever, no stash, no warning.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't like shark teeth and I never will

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's made in Unity which is notoriously difficult to get working/unsupported on Switch, or at least it was not sure if it still is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did you get to the one way teleporter maze floors yet

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's good actually

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei posted:

It must be pretty hard to get the highest levels of Stackage for Sabbaths. You'd need, a group of enemies with varied weaknesses so that everyone can use their "preferred elements", plus the Stack increasing Commander Skill.

Depends what you consider high, it's pretty reasonable getting double digits once you start getting add stack on heal, crits, bonus attacks, plus everyone has both an elemental bonus and a physical/gun bonus.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Atlus suing the guys running the private server lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The classics never age

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I still got owned when I tried to play it recently but I think I wandered into the wrong area too early

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has anyone ever let 'something is about to happen to skill' go ahead and actually gotten a better/more useful one?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Feels like a decent time to announce ports of 4 at least with the 3DS shop going offline soon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Has the Jersey Devil ever been in an SMT game??

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Sometimes people like getting money for doing art and don't care what others do with it after

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Should have made them go up to 11

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They've stolen the combat system from the most recent Trails games I guess, just lets you mash down wandering mobs easily in realtime and switch to turn based for anything that needs it.

I would honestly prefer if it were just straight up action RPG lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Imagine if 4 and 4A were smooshed together into the same game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Probably