Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there really polarizing opinions about SMT x FE in Japan? It seems that way, but I wanted to make sure. What has the reception for the game been now that its been out for almost two months. I have been watching gameplay footage and it looks like a Persona game, which has me really excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Motto posted:

I haven't heard anything about actual player impressions, just that it reviewed well (for what little that means since Famitsu is usually the only JP reviewer we hear about) and nobody bought it.

Is there anything yet about when it might come to the United States? Ideally before Persona 5 but that's coming up real fast now, this summer.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Downloading Persona 5 right now. Really excited to play this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is this like the other games where the storyline timeline is 1 year?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For Persona 5, are there any dialog options we know of yet where we need to be careful what option we pick? It's really hard to tell without knowing Japanese.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Terper posted:

Well there's demon negotiating

Yeah that, but like how in Persona 4 depending on your dialog options you can end the game early and rob yourself of doing like three dungeons.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I don't know about that but like it has social links and demon negotiating and also there are dungeon puzzles which require you to solve clues and poo poo.

poo poo, the dungeon puzzles might be an issue but hopefully Youtube playthroughs and guides will help with that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Even though I barely understand anything going on, Persona 5 is my favorite game of 2016, and it'll be the same for 2017 once the english version comes out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Alder posted:

Happy New Years SMT thread :v:

SMTV will be out in 2019, I just know it! :v:

Someone quote this a year from now to point out how wrong I was.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think you're misunderstanding the Persona games. The monsters exist because of the evil and/indifferent nature that exists in humans. Persona 5 is the most obvious about this with the way the dungeons are just manifestations of a person's true evil feelings. You bring down a human villian each time you work through one of those dungeons. Both Persona 3 and 4 have multiple humans that are really bad people. There might be a literal god at the end of each game, but they only exist due to the negative aspects of humanity, which game them power to come into being in the first place.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been wanting to play this MMO again as well, even though I acknowledge that it was a pretty bad game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASpbDwMVfoE

Featuring Bayonetta from the Bayonetta series.

I really wanted to like this mobile game but couldn't tolerate how terrible the characters are and the constant popups trying to convince me to spend $100 a day.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Woman stabbed after asking "What are you gonna do? Stab me?!"

Hahah this is exactly what I was thinking.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dehry posted:

Persona Q2 rated by the Australian classification board.

http://www.classification.gov.au/Pa...A0tWHsHBG9lWpXU

I really wish this was getting a Switch release as well. :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Switch port please.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Atlus making very bad decisions between their dancing game, and Q2 being a 3DS title.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I feel like that FF7 remake has at this point been silently canceled, unless there's been something new recently that I haven't heard about, but a Google search isn't turning up anything other than a clickbait article from a few days ago.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Persona 5 has been out long enough that it's fine.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Item Getter posted:

Not really being serious, she just hates idols so I'd be embarrassed to play a game that revolves around them.
Will probably play it anyway.

I explained to my wife that the game is about exploring the toxicity of being an idol, and she was like "that's cool" and then stopped caring. I don't even know if that is even remotely true, I haven't been paying attention to the story.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The best thing Persona 5 did was get me to finally branch out into the other SMT games out there, and realize that Persona is really the weakest of the entire franchise.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dragonatrix posted:

The best Persona is Tokyo Mirage Sessions. :colbert:

I owned the gently caress out of myself when I bought this for Wii U, barely played it, and then bought it again for Switch and barely played it again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am currently playing Devil Summoner 2 and enjoying this game quite a bit, but I am still pretty early in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SMTV's first release date will also be for Japan only.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That's a first, they couldn't even pull that off for Persona 5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Would like all of the PlayStation 2 era SMT games on PC, Switch, and PlayStation 4/5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

My PS2’s having issues reading my copy of Nocturne so I’ll gladly pay for a functioning version of the game. :v:

The DVD drive in the PS2 is well documented as basically disintegrating into dust as it ages. It can be replaced, but it's not at all an easy repair and requires some advance soldering skills. So this is a way better alternative is what i'm trying to say. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The lens (at least in the slim) is really easy to replace, I just did it a couple months ago and it doesn’t require any soldering except to remove a little blob of solder on one of the contacts on the replacement lens

A Youtube video I watched recently made it seem more complicated then that, but maybe I interpreted the steps as being very complicated because I don't have any experience with soldering myself. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pre-ordered Nocturne HD for Switch. Hoping the performance holds up. :P I haven't read anything yet about Nocturne HD performance on Switch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Irony.or.Death posted:

Yeah, strong disagree on Nocturne as a 6.5/10. I'll grant plenty of standard of-the-era criticisms like a lack of within-dungeon visual variety, but I certainly can't think of a better PS2-era RPG.

PS2 era had some of my favorite JRPGs ever, so this is really tough. Many of them were from the SMT franchise too. Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2, Persona 3 & 4, Devil Summoner 2, Final Fantasy X & XII, Rogue Galaxy, Suikodan III, Dark Cloud 1 & 2

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is Digital Devil Saga on PCSX2? Is there a good guide for getting it running really well and looking nice?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nocturne is playable now on Switch for Deluxe pre-orders.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Nocturne is the goat and you guys are disappointed it looks like Nocturne. Smh fake fans

I am glad for the look! I had actually been wondering why Nocturne was chosen for a HD re-release, and now it makes sense lol.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Deified Data posted:

Was this supposed to drop at 12 est?

I thought so, but I cant play yet either. :( I guess we are waiting until tomorrow?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

YggiDee posted:

I'm seeing some people say midnight PT

:(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mr. Nintendo, let me have my video game you coward.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am very much going to double dip and replay this whole game again on PC in February. It'll be nice to play this at 60fps, as opposed to the 20fps it runs at now. I love my Switch, but holy hell this hardware loving sucks for performance.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

History Comes Inside! posted:

I have never played a mainline SMT game but I have played and enjoyed the gently caress out of many Personas.

Should I buy SMT V y/n and what should I expect to be different about it?

Buy game, don't think about Persona. They really are not the same game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Arist posted:

It's a completely fair question lmao

To answer it, Persona has more involved storytelling and characters, while SMT focuses more on gameplay and vibe.

Okay but game still good buy it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol can someone spell it out for me how to get to this quest marker? I am so lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's a path to it through the upper left corner. This one took me a while to figure out too.

Thank you! Hopefully I can figure it out. I might need someone to photoshop in a line from one of the save points, because I have a room temperature IQ. Otherwise game is great and i'm having a lot of fun just running around grinding.