Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

CharlesDexterWard posted:

One issue I have had with MGSO is that a certain table mesh is messed up, looking at it in the console it had the name "furn_de_r_table_03". To fix it I went into meshes/f/ and renamed the "furn_de_table_03" mesh to "furn_de_table_03BAK" to see if it would fix it and the issue was resolved and the table appears now, so maybe an improved mesh was corrupt or something and removing the mesh causes the game to load the default table mesh.

I am not sure if anyone else is having that issue but that's what I did to fix it in my game.

I think this was my problem too, I didn't think to use the console but after doing what you did my missing tables seem to have been solved. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Is it possible to tie particular music to particular locations or types of location? For example, if I want one of the tracks that can play in Dwemer ruins to be Robo's theme from CT, or for Sixth House bases to only play disco? I know you can add stuff with no trouble to the general playlists, just wondering if you can specify things at all.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Musical_Daredevil posted:

You can do it, but it requires creating a mod where you write your own script that uses the streammusic command. You then attach it to an activator and put it in every cell you want to play a specific file in the Construction Set. This guy has all the details on how to do it.

Thanks for that, not really worth the effort for too many places but I might tinker with it.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Have you killed 200,000 Cliff Racers yet?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

I would pay actual real money to someone if they sifted through everything and put out a proper decent quality weapon/armor mod.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Ratspeaker posted:

In Caldera there's a house called Ghorak Manor that has the best merchant in the game. Go find him and you won't be poor for much longer. :)

And yeah, my month-long Morrowind binge led to a whole new appreciation for the quest compass. Who the hell cares if it's "immersion-breaking," it's better than crawling around the same acre of land for an hour because you can't find the entrance to the tomb you're looking for.

I legitimately love having to read my journal and compare it to the map, and getting lost because I take a wrong turn or something. :negative:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Broken Box posted:

Just reinstalled Morrowind and followed the OP's instruction and a few other minor mods as well. Has anyone played Tamriel Rebuilt in its current state? I'm curious to try it out, but if its too incomplete I guess I'll wait.

TR is still lacking a good deal in the way of fleshing out, e.g. quests and so on, but nonetheless as it stands it's an immense and brilliant addition and you sure as poo poo won't regret giving it a whirl.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Private Speech posted:

Yeah it does. And although I wouldn't say it's as good as vanilla content it's still probably the closest a mod can get.

I'd actually argue some of the settlements, at least, are better than vanilla ones. Places like Firewatch are amazing, and Necrom is seriously mindblowing. I can't wait to see the new Mournhold when the next release arrives.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Agents are GO! posted:

On Xbox I remember just levitating and taping my analog stick for half an hour.

This time on PC I think I'm going to do it legit, on foot. :getin:

Last time I played through I did my first Temple character and I did both the pilgrimage and this quest on foot. Felt awesome when I was done, it made so much sense after the fact as I/Nevos looked back and saw it as a formative experience that really helped him grow.

Some of the later Tribunal quests give great rewards, but on top of that you can hilariously break the 'Sneak into Baar Dau' MQ quest. Because at a high enough rank all the Ordinators are your bitches so you can just stroll on in, take the keys to whatever you want, and get poo poo done.

Plus there's some mod out there I had that adds more faction benefits. So I took an Ordinator with me to some Bosmer who had been extremely discourteous when I was a level 2 scrub, had her arrested and dragged to the Ministry of Truth, accused her of heresy, proclaimed her guilty without trial by dint of my position, and had her burned at the stake.

Modded Morrowind is the best videogame.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Agents are GO! posted:

I may be late to the party here, since I only "got" open-world games a couple of years ago, but having beaten Morrowind on the X-Box (and now playing on PC) I realized something about Morrowind's main theme: The drums in the main theme sound like a heartbeat - ie The Heart of Lorkhan.

Well gently caress me, I was just saying to my fiance the other day that it's amazing how we're still finding/realizing new things about Morrowind and here we are with something I've never realized before.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Agents are GO! posted:

Immersion, bitch! :getin:

It's... it's beautiful :stare:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Zazamoot posted:

Upon starting Morrowind, I get a box stating "One or more plugins could not find the correct versions of the master files they depend on...". I'm not certain if this is typical or if I have made a mistake during installation.

Always happens, nothing to worry about.

quote:

Ignoring this, I can still enter the game. However, I encounter an bug in-game wherein nearby NPCs automatically enter into dialogue with me without any input from the user. It happens constantly so long as NPCs are nearby.

All/many NPCs? Some do initiate dialog themselves, but it shouldn't be very many of them. I don't know what mod might be making it happen so much more.

quote:

Leveling seems like it may also be bugged - the bar indicates 0/32000, even after leveling some primary skills. If memory serves, Morrowind's leveling system was 1/10, right?

I believe that's due to Galsiah's Character Development, which changes how character growth happens and removes levels per se. You'll still gain them automatically as you progress so that leveled lists don't get borked but your stats and stuff will change as your skills improve, rather than on gaining a level and resting.

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 17, 2014

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

GrumpyDoctor posted:

Have they made any attempt to reconcile the lore of Dunmer, Nords, and Argonians allying up? That really just rubs me the wrong way.

All I have to say about TESO lore is this: http://youtu.be/yCTVxZxxZi0

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Buck Turgidson posted:

Alchemy is there to facilitate breaking the game. You can brew potions and sell them for absurd amounts of cash, or make potions that improve your ability to make potions, until you can make potions that give you 40000000 strength for 8575693785903754948 seconds. Potions with ill effects are pretty much useless but can, for some reason, be sold for a lot of money.

It should be emphasized that these figures are not at all ridiculous. Once you break the game hard enough you will be able to potions with arbitrarily powerful effects, and which will turn you into a living god for essentially as long as you see fit. I once gained such strength that hitting anything with anything instantly broke the weapon. Even something like Skull Crusher with 8000/8000 durability would break in a single hit. I imagine, were the game capable of modelling it, I could have simply struck the foot of Red Mountain and buried Dagoth Ur as it collapsed.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

One time, I rolled a character. Nothing special about him in any way, just an average Dunmer with the sorts of skills a peasant might have.

I took him up to Kuul and using his small amount of gold, rented a shack there thanks to the rent homes mod. He had little more than that, a chitin knife, and the clothes on his back. I was also playing with a variety of mods that make things harder, for instance you lose combat efficacy when low on health as well as stamina, and you have to eat food to not die. So I took most of my clothes off, dived into the water, and became a pearl diver.

I spent several in-game months doing this, killing fish, and swimming around the region. I gained few levels and made less money.

It was a lot of fun, hope you enjoyed my Morrowind story.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

You're bad if you don't like a lovely game that is .5 steps above a text based MUD in terms of functionality and playability!

Keep trolling, casual :smugdog:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

Yeah, I'm a patient dude who liked the way "fast travel" mechanics were folded in to Morrowind. Small gondolas and skiffs for navigating between smaller, sleepier locales, big boats for busier destinations, Mages Guild teleportation, Silt Striders for travel across land, and (with a fair amount of work) you could blow the dust off the Propylon Index and get instantaneous teleportation working. The whole network felt believable and natural....nothing beat Scrolls of Icarian Flight for the ultimate fast travel, however.

Yeah I adore Morrowind's travel system because it all makes so much sense within the world. You have a massive variety of options for how to go about it, and once you know your way around you get to most places fairly easily with just a handful of gold or a couple of spells. I understand that's not for everyone, and I also understand it's not something any of us would want in every game, but for Morrowind I always felt it worked perfectly.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Crossposting from the wrong thread,

Is there any convenient way kicking around that lets me adjust skill gain rates in Morrowind without having to actually make a mod? Could stand to tweak a handful of things.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

kazr posted:

bad news son, time to fire up the cs. Good news is that it's incredibly easy

Ah well, guess I'll get that done at some point. I know how it all works, I've messed with it before, just can't really be arsed with it at the moment. Thanks for the info though :)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cubey posted:

Redoran is the only quest line in Morrowind that I only finished once. So boring. Even the Cult is better.

This is the most incorrect TES opinion I have ever seen, and I have seen people who think Oblivion is the best TES game.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Fuligin posted:

It's insane to me that TR is still going strong after all these years. Good on them. Do the releases have any quests for the finished areas?

Last time I played in TR regions was a couple years ago and there were some quests in the Telvanni areas that were implemented at that time. I don't know how things are in the places since then but I'd assume at least some quests exist?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

K8.0 posted:

Ralen Hlallo's corpse in his house in Balmora. Holds infinite weight and never despawns.

Old school storage solution right here, I did this way the hell back on the XBox :allears:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Atrayonis posted:

Tamriel Rebuilt has updated to version 16.09. Read more here

Since this bears bleating all across the internet all over again and again, Tamriel Rebuilt no longer contains its own asset file. Instead, you will need to download Tamriel_Data. Please be prepared!

Make sure to read the information about Tamriel_Data and register both BSAs in your Morrowind.ini.

Register both Tamriel_Data BSAs! Both PT_Data and TR_Data need to be registered! Both! Not just one! Both!

If you don't update and register both BSAs, you will encounter missing meshes and icons, actor animation class errors, and Morrowind will choke on the error messages and crash.

So here's a question, I went to dutifully register both the BSAs and found that an additional one is already in there, from MGSO I presume. So what do? Do I just add 1 to the TR BSAs? I feel like that would break poo poo but I dunno. Any advice appreciated.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cat Mattress posted:

Yes. Just keep them in sequence, and each with its own distinct number. There's no issue to expect.

Thanks, working fine! I had thought it might want to point at like, a specific file somewhere else called "TR_BSA_2" or something like that, which is why I wasn't sure.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

i'd eat mannimarco's rotten rear end in a top hat before i'd stop using armun-an bonemold armor on every character

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Or, as some call it, the Ring of Worms

:eyepop:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

So what's the current status of the big Telvanni mods? I remember last time I was playing MW there were some rumblings about updates and/or new versions but in the absence of the old kind of centralized sites it's hard to be sure if what I'm coming across is up to date or what.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Thank you for all the input on Telvanni mods! I'd love to see some Redoran ones as well because hidebound desert bug-samurai and they are Entirely My Guys, but Pax Redoran is pretty good at least. That's just the way the modding scene shook out I guess.

Stuporstar your ideas there sound like the poo poo and I'm real eager to see what you do with it :allears:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Addamere posted:

why is this not a mod for total war shogun 2

'Cause it's a mod for Medieval 2

http://www.moddb.com/mods/morrowind-total-war

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Stuporstar posted:

Added a ton of new images to my Uvirith's Legacy 4 WIP album on Imgur: http://m.imgur.com/a/eU7c9

After doing the new bathrooms, I spent like an hour making a mesh for a poop stick. And then after placing the poop stick, I realized there was no way to tell your poop stick from anyone elses. So I wrote a non-quest where your apprentice accidentally uses your poop stick, because it wasn't labled, so he buys you a new poop stick that says, "Property of the Archmagister. Do not Touch on Pain of Death." So of course I had to spend another hour retexturing my poop stick into a fancier poop stick with that poo poo actually written on it in gold lettering.

So dammit, I turned it into a weapon to make all that sleep-deprive-induced bullshit worthwhile. It does no damage, but does a demoralize cast-on-strike, because who wouldn't run from someone brandishing a possibly poop-covered sponge-on-a-atick.

:allears:

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Elder Scrolls games often suffer from poor encounter design due to the nature of the scaling. One of the things Dark Souls does right is it deliberately designs each individual encounter

It gets exponentially harder to design encounters when you're in such an open world, though. I think it's less scaling and more that you can't easily account for a level 3 warrior, a level 19 stealth archer, and a level gently caress mage, all with their own racial and birthsign powers, items, etc.. So they end up taking a broader path.

I don't think any TES game has particularly bad combat. I like Morrowind and Skyrim. Oblivion does suffer massively from scaling but second-to-second, running around smashing dudes with a hammer is fun enough.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Cat Mattress posted:

The best end-game armors are heavy and light. Medium armor is kind of neglected, though the expansion sets improve that a bit. But still, medium armor is basically heavy armor that sucks.

Counterpoint: Bonemold armor is the most Vvardenfell thing imaginable and consequently the correct choice.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm a corporate lawyer so yeah I have a vague idea. It's terrible nonsense that nobody should care about unless they have to and should never, ever be brought into fan discussions of all things.

"Oh no I have to change my opinion about the continuity of this fictional world because of copyright law"

I really like the idea of surreptitiously sharing lore on the deep web, holding to personal beliefs about the Towers you can never voice, and trials that attempt to determine what you really think about CHIM.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Node posted:

Some parts, yes. Not a huge amount, though. TR is big. I'll repeat that.

TR is an enormous project. Over a decade ago I was making fun of them on the Bethesda forums I think, saying they'll fizzle out in three months. But what I see now impresses me beyond words. I hope the project reaches v1.0 - the designs, landscapes, and fleshed out areas look fantastic. They have my full support.

Yeah when I first heard about it I thought the same we all did - that it's ridiculous and never going to happen.

Cut to a loving decade later. It's a slow burn but they're not stopping, it seems. It's also vast, even if only part is actually fleshed out. At this point I'd be more surprised if the project fell apart.

e;

cis autodrag posted:

I dunno, part of the fun for me is what a poo poo show the games are out of the box. I'd enjoy seeing a town get wiped out because Bethesda made bad choices about vampires.

This exact thing happened to me when Dawnguard dropped. Strolled into Whiterun and some loving overpowered vampire is tearing poo poo up. End up with like half a dozen dead, including Jon Battle-Born as well as both Adrianne and Ulfberth, so :rip: my most used shop in the game.

It was great :yayclod:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Feb 25, 2017

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Orv posted:

Motherfucker I was 19, you think I was reading video game manuals yet?

what the gently caress son i was reading video game manuals since i could read at all, first thing i read was this fucker's manual and novel: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starglider

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

FactsAreUseless posted:

Also, has anyone tried Tamriel Rebuilt? Any good?

About as good as it gets. Still vastly incomplete, but that's no surprise given the scope of the thing. The stuff to the east is in pretty drat good shape especially.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Node posted:

Out of curiosity, how crashy is Morrowind on Windows 10 if you have it modded modestly? With retextures, some gameplay enhancements, Tamriel Rebuilt, etc. but no giant overhauls or anything.

I'm playing Oblivion for some reason right now and it crashes all the loving time.

Stable as gently caress, in my experience. The only time I can expect crashes is if I've installed something incorrectly and/or it's a buggy mod. Otherwise I've put a couple hundo hours into Morrowind over the last couple of years and can't recall any crashes (which doesn't mean they never happened but I have a finely attuned memory for Bethesda lovely programming so there can't have been many).

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

https://streamable.com/lfrq5

yeah i'm gonna switch to openmw....not! lol mwse is insane

:aaaaa: Are you loving kidding me

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

First time I played Great House Dagoth I was deeply confused when Dr. Dag blinded me, not because that was unexpected itself because he had warned me after all, but because I couldn't figure out how to restore my sight. Turns out I just had to literally wait awhile.

It's extremely good though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Atrayonis posted:

Well, this went faster than expected and it just cost me another night's sleep.

https://www.tamriel-rebuilt.org/content/tamriel-rebuilt-1912-release

Have fun!

You're doing the Tribunal's work.