Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Millennial Sexlord posted:

ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS FUFILL THE PROPHECY, CJ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i appreciate whatever mod i've got (probably tr) that gave my character the option to be constantly smoking a cigar

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Average Bear posted:

Nvm just got to the city. This is definitely the part trainwiz worked on, wow.

is it safe just to coc myself into the city and skip the bullshit?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

So errrr... Jiub's invisible

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Because I'm a loving moron I'm going to have to reinstall all my mods again. Is there any reason not to use openMW? What isn't in it?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Hmm... Is there a way to generate distant land with it? Don't think I could go back to my pre distant land days where I can't see Vivec from Ebonheart.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

now i want to mod in a telvanni in sadrith mora that says a random dril quote each time you talk to him

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 27, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Well this is an odd one. ToddTest crashes every time I coc into it. I get a death noise (I think the one used by Dremora? It's sort of an ARRRGGHH with a voice effect on it) beforehand tho. Wondered if it was something to do with a mod so I made a duplicate cell. Still causes a crash... Going to delete all the creatures and NPC's inside to see if that does anything.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

after about a week, i've managed to install morrowind mods/fix all the bullshit to the point where i don't have a single error message on start up and the game doesn't ctd when i hit quit. don't think this has ever happened before, feels bizarre. the game still ctds when i go into toddtest though. Oddly, if i coc to another cell before quitting the console and then coc back it loads fine, though if i save in toddtest it also ctds when i load the save again.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

old ebonheart, the castle and the city has 165 interior cells

all of vivec combined has 148

vivec takes up 15 exterior cells in the worldspace

old ebonheart takes up 4

did I mention by chance that this place was dense

unrelated, but are you going to add more npcs to the exterior of necrom? the place feels quite sparse but i could also understand if that's the point (it is a city of the dead after all)

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I really like the changes made to the Temple district of Vivec in Redesigned Vivec, but because of the incompatibility issues it has with so many other mods, I don't want to use the whole thing. How would I go about cutting the Temple and inserting it into vanilla Vivec?

cargohills posted:

Is there a guide to Wrye Mash aside from the one it comes with? As far as I can tell I'm doing everything it tells me to but opening the shortcut does absolutely nothing.

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45439

Download this, extract to your Morrowind folder, run from its own folder inside, should work.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i've been playing a mystic which is an extremely useful character to play as i can explain away in my mind why my character knows where everything is with 'muh visions'

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i got drunk the other night and installed the "hunt osama bin laden" mod and it owns

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Apr 4, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i killed Osama (and got his AK-47 as a reward) and Cauis was very happy about it

I got a mission to go to the American Embassy in Ebonheart where I received a mission to persuade Duke Dren to send troops to Iraq

I did, after bribing him 2000 gold (satire) and then became a member of the CIA or something. Then I massacred everyone in the American Embassy because I was roleplaying a deep cover agent of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

quote:

tr is cancelled, this cant be topped

the mod conflicts with tr so it better be, this is a must have for any Morrowind install.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

its on the nexus https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/11048/

the american embassy has embassy worker npcs in it who are male imperials, who are actually the female bosmer shopkeeper from tel mora who has a corprus stalker in her attic so if you go to tel mora the shopkeeper is replaced by an american embassy worker

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

The Big Word posted:

Honestly I'm a little disappointed it's from 2007 and not the height of the Kill Osama/Nuke The Middle East flash game era, but that's still absolutely loving incredible and pure and authentic. How's the AK?

op af

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Peoples gonna be playin Morrowind on their watches ya'll

We have achieved with Morrowind what Todd Howard could not with 50 re-releases of Skyrim

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

become the morrowind version of diogenes of sinope

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

anyone know why Morrowind keeps resetting my controls and resolution?

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Shibawanko posted:

In this moment I am euphoric, not because of any false Tribunal's blessing, but because i took six hits of skooma.

*entire species friendzones him so hard they phase out of existence."

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

right so morrowind wont load now

i can get to the launcher, but pressing play does nothing

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Addamere posted:

What is the current easily installed hotness then?

hd vanilla textures

optimization patch

mge

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

does the code patch turn running into the default movement state now? it's sort of messing with my muscle memory

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45993

Welp, here it is. The ultimate body mod finally released

I like that there's only a male nude patch

edit: there isn't a male nude patch. not downloading

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 3, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Sky Shadowing posted:

Great House Dagoth is more in-line with the main story and feel. It casts the Sixth House in a more sympathetic light while still not necessarily making them good guys. In addition you have options at the end of its questline (which, if you follow, is an alternate main quest starting from the point you get Corprus) that aren't necessarily evil. You can totally betray Dagoth Ur and make yourself a Fourth God of the Tribunal, or convince the Tribunal to stand down and make yourself the only god of the Dunmer people- your godhood is not off the table.

Sixth House is, as said, straight up more the punching babies and mustache twirling sort of villainy.

is there an in depth walkthrough for Great House Dagoth anywhere? Sounds super interesting.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Kogoruhn was the seat of House Dagoth so around then.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Beautiful

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

What's mad is how the quiver that you get with bows are empty and fill up depending on what arrows you're using, so if you use bonemold arrows they'll appear in the quiver.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

I shall honour our friendship too.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Going to make a linguistic build in Daggerfall brb

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

My Morrowind music folder is a whole load of instrumental world music and werid psychedelic rock.

It works for me but I don't know if it would work for anyone else

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 8, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

and now as of two days ago you can customize specific tracks to specific regions, dungeons, and general places by dragging and dropping

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46200

want to make sadrith mora sound different? dagoth ur? the entire bitter coast? go for it

I've always wanted to deafen myself with Tibetan throat singing every time i went up Red Mountain, nice

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

im not actually in that one, but I am in this one

I'm the pokeball themed dwemer armor

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

when i first did that quest i memorised the entire script

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Custom class always, usually named Nerevarine because I dont enjoy getting pigeonholed into a role.

Ive got a mwse mod in the works that dynamically changes your class name based on stats or faction rank for ~flavor~

dont leave us hanging

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

loving mods i swear to christ stop crashing

Whorelord fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 20, 2018

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Phlegmish posted:

Never mind that, I'll just use the console to mark the current quest as finished and call it a day.

And I was going to do Morag Tong but after reading about Threads of the Webspinner that's a hard pass, too. You know, I think I'm getting burned out.

Threads of the Webspinner is completely optional and doesn't effect going through the Morag Tong

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Cat Mattress posted:

I don't see what else it could be.

Special shout-out to my homies Sadrith Forest, Stonewood, and Vivace.

The Dunmer language is actually partially translated:

"Mora" means forest and "Bal" means stone. "Sadrith" means Mushroom. Ald (as in Ald'Ruhn) means "Old" and "Ruhn" means home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

soscannonballs posted:

What kind of peasant actually picks locks instead of blasting them open with magic?

i only just recently learned that you can use telekinesis to disarm traps