Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but i am never too busy, for a good, talk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Old Grasshopper posted:

Hey guys.

I'm still doing my first playthrough of the game and the thing that I'm struggling with the most is the sheer amount of walking. It starts to become quite labourious after a while (to the point where I'm no longer enjoying the exploration, I just want to get to my destination).

Any recommendations for a mod or a way to move around quicker? I know there are the fast travel giant-flying-woodlouse-things, that that literally means no exploration at all.

either enchant a ring with Jump 20 for 10 seconds and just leap around everywhere

or press ` and type setspeed 200

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're in the base game actually

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ooh

ooh

ooh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

due to a horrifying mistranslation, the Nerevarine needs to visit Sergal Hall

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

stuff like silt striders and boats normally works with an NPC following you. this may be of limited use in Bal Fell

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

not even last night's clapping could wake you

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kagouti used the noises of duke nukem 3d pig cops

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

npcs will tell you where the person with all the dialogue related to a specific class is. not where their master trainer is

if you wanna find master trainers you're gonna have to either a) read all the in-game literature and take extremely close notice of names, or b) look it up. i suggest b).

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

im playing an orc who uses blunt weapons because i like Skull Crusher

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i always killed the alcoholic in Caldera and moved in, because he was right next to the mages guild for easy transport

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this guy, he's in the lefthand doorway when you leave the caldera guild

he is also being harrassed by some very stupid orcs, including the one you killed, so tbh you're doing him a favour by murdering him

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Babe Magnet posted:

I didn't see the original post, I was just trying to contribute to the conversation, my bad I'm sorry

this is the end of you, s'wit

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

ultimately cannot defeat the "load earlier save" CHIM though. nice try, coward.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol skink is the master trainer for speechcraft

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

spellmake a high level chameleon for three seconds spell, and a high level boost security for three seconds spell

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Fencing in morrowind is, uh, less valuable

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the gateway ghost was pretty fun

i kind of like quests where you need to hunt down a specific type of npc, like the Imperial Cult oracle ones where it's "go talk to a dunmer scout"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the island where every six yards a hostile nord woman stands equipped with a 1000-gold dagger that somehow weighs 10lbs

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vavrek posted:

But yeah, you're right. They never say what the bread is made of, do they? The only things you get that're normal are stuff like iron, steel, diamonds, rubies. The ecology, the lifecycle, is all alien.

i think they say it's saltrice flour somewhere, but i don't know where i got that from

e: it's in The Alchemists Formulary

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

doesn't 50 scrap metal weigh the same as 1000 saltrice

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Maybe go by town and look at the people list? Might be more manageable

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

The hetman at ald velothi is the highest i've seen ao far at level 7. Probably a higher level one in tribunal though

E: Hurg in dagon fel is level 8

Ee: dagon fel is full of swole peasants! Fjorrod is level 10

Eee: Kirsty in tel mora at level 11...

Inexplicable Humblebrag fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 26, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

thetedster posted:

I clicked the links on that page for you and discovered Dro'Shavir in Caldera is the Ultimate Commoner at level 14. Go get 'em!

Only one can be... THE COMMONEST

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the nerevarine sleeps in their armour. it's perfectly comfortable

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i will never respect a kwama

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

skulgun neravarine

"i vanted SCUTTLE. it gave me nix hound chops"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

here you go op

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

HootTheOwl posted:

Is that like the named sword that's just sitting under a bed or something?

nah it's just a steel sparkaxe or something in a tree stump, it's not gamebreakingly good

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

drain skill! I think base game has no way to restore skills, so the Fury two-hander was a death sentence if you ever equipped it because it was erroneously set to Damage Skill constant effect

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

I consider saltrice to be sal-treece even though I know it's rice what grows in salt water. this is because CHIM

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Node posted:

I guess we can also re-mention the fact that fatigue affects lots of poo poo you wouldn't expect in a computer game, such as lockpicking and mercantile

desperately haggling for cheaper restore fatigue potions between great heaving breaths

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

can't believe the Misterbibsarine is posting itt

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

mbt posted:

not quite what you want (yet) but hrnchamd is messing around with a shield bashing mod as of a month ago and plans on adding some additional blocking animations as part of it i think

im the noisy netch trilling in the background

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

for some reason i've got this irrational fear of trying to put tamriel rebuilt over my already-modded copy of morrowind, despite intellectually knowing that they should work fine (or at least troubleshootably) together. the installation guidelines even say to just rearrange the load order!!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yeah tamriel rebuilt just slid effortlessly into the data files list, no troubleshooting needed. it's great

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I could kill that guar, these boots are ruined

quiet. here comes the guar.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

indoril thinks slavery is a law of nature

dres appear to be the Ur-Slavers but also have a whole thing about "guys please stop fighting (and buy our slaves)" with regards to the other great houses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Jay Rust posted:

It was always weird to me how the high ranks require like 90 conjuration but only like 20 intelligence

in tamriel rebuilt news, i took an extremely long overground journey to Firewatch from Almas Thirr. great terrain, lots of interesting stuff to do, big contrast in benign grasslands/rocky coast/daedra-riven plains. entered a tomb and had a really hairy fight with some ghosts that damaged my stats - turns out zero luck and agility mean you get knocked over a lot! - but was able to get to a shrine to turn the tables. found a glass bow as a reward. then got to Firewatch and had my save file somehow corrupted in the bookshop. hell yeah

got a save from before the journey, but still. vexing.