Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Abandon All Hope posted:

I know this isn't a tech support forum, but has anyone else had issues with random freezing since the update? Firefox 6 has been randomly "not responding" and then coming back after about 10-15 seconds, the perpetuity is annoying.

I've tried disabling all of my add-ons, accessing bookmarks from something other than the bar, and reinstalling FF5 (clean wipe), and nothing. Hope it's just me and not Firefox, because I'll be losing my favorite browser. :(
Open Windows Task Manager and check your system handles under performance. It was around 17000 before the update and it eventually reached 320000 and my computer is slow as hell.
Goddamn automatic update. I am reverting.

edit: Slowdown solved.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Aug 18, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How do I get Firefox to automatically remove every downloaded file tab on the bottom of the screen? It only does that with pictures.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Was there an update on FF7 a few days ago? I have been unable to restore my sessions.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I am excited that I can restore my previous sessions.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is Webmail Notifier working for people, with regards to pop-ups or highlighted icon?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Any add-ons where I can see mail alerts, as Webmail is not working?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The only problem I have with FF and if it is its fault, I get some kernel error that shuts off the monitor until I exit the browser.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is anyone getting tabs that flash the gently caress out and randomly switch spaces? It is only a visual thing when I have a bunch of tabs open. The tabs are still in their correct order.

Hotmail was the earliest instance of this after that update where the icon won't fill in anymore and opens automatically.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Feb 14, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Hotmail still flips the gently caress out even under IEtab.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a bind script to more quickly alt+shift+D bookmarks to replace existing ones? Replace Bookmarks isn't really accurate.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Jul 22, 2012

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I max my browser because there is less scrolling involved. You can only do so much with mouse scrolling.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a way to make the browser open maximized each time?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

PirateBob posted:

Anyone else have the problem where TWO new tabs open when you click on a link? (link to different domain)
I used to get up to five new tabs on certain links. I don't remember the last time I had it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I miss how my tabs filled the absolute top of the screen and now there is only the Firefox button and screen resizes with nothing in the middle. How do I get them back?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is Firefox having issues with every tab reading as connecting?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I cleaned out my computer and this Firefox update is sucking up so much memory. I would rather turn it back.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It uses up more than 150% (almost 2 mil) of memory usage when I open my daily tabs, compared to the last build. I also need to restart the browser to stop the stuttering. I did get rid of several add-ons.

Starting a new profile is such a bitch. Might need an add-on to help.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
edit: Found the fix.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 9, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How do I move the address bar on the same line as my tabs? The Firefox icon is half sized, but I can ignore that.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pikestaff posted:

I started having problems with that with 28. Like you I hadn't seen that happen in a while and then it just started happening a few weeks back. Our problems may not be related, of course.

I've been getting more crashes as well (also starting with 28). I may have solved this one by disabling an addon but we'll see what happens.
Keep me updated. It is crashing like crazy for me.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't know why Firefox is randomly turning off a certain add-on. Maybe turning off stuff is causing the crashings?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How is Sea Monkey compared to FF 28?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

td4guy posted:

I got those crashes every day (in ff28 and ff29) and the developer version definitely fixed it for me. Not a single crash in a week.
I still crash often enough to the point I want to install this and see if it matters. Just crashed twice when I was typing. gently caress.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Firefox issues are usually down to corrupt profiles. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't normally remove the profile. Try resetting the profile you're using now (see the OP) and see how you get on.
I did a couple different things with that idea and it still crashed often. Add-ons did not matter. The crashing was made even worse and I restored the old stuff. The only thing I can do is close out the tabs after a crash and bring them back on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I only seem to have issues when pages like this load up. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3712602&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1 The Resident Evil Revelations 2 LP.

2.5 million in Task Manager and it never recovers, but other threads with so many images eventually recover.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The memory usage in Task Manager.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

No.1 Special posted:

I had to manually install the 53.0 update this time for some reason. Anyone else have this issue?
I had to install twice since it first gave me the 32-bit version.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Hypnolobster posted:

Is my PC exploding, or is 56.0 a giant pile of garbage? Youtube tabs are slow, text is sort of slow to appear and I'm getting this insane problem where going to a page from the address bar sometimes doesn't load, but a link/bookmark to the same URL works fine.
This site is loading terribly so, but if I keep clicking the same link, the pages sometimes load faster. Must be some add-on.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
What are the preferred add-ons for a sidebar and mouse gestures for this update?
I hope Super Start comes back. I had so much saved.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Nov 15, 2017

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
How do I go back to the last version of Firefox without it updating?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The few pages that loaded faster in 57 now load just as fast in 56 and I kept my old functionality. The update was almost worth the annoyance.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

WattsvilleBlues posted:

Don't know if it's been answered the past few pages but Foxy Gestures and Context Search take care of two of your issues.
Foxy doesn't have one for bookmarks or I can't find it. What a strange thing to lack.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Freakazoid_ posted:

:lol: I disabled updates yesterday and it STILL upgraded to 57, somebody shoot me.

and because I was a lazy poo poo and stuck with noscript instead of switching to umatrix, I have to figure out all the scripts I need to block all over again.
I kept installing an older version until it stuck.

Is it normal for 57 to open multiple instances in the processes of task manager? It used less memory than ESR, but ran firefox four times and added to more usage of memory than before.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

where the red fern gropes posted:

i reinstalled 56 because 57 broke stuff and i don't like that. is there any real reason to upgrade to 57?
If you recently switched to Firefox and don't have a collection of add-ons.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I had that happen when I played Shadow of War and replaced a damaged RAM stick.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Truga posted:

pretty sure google is on top of the "data amount on people" list tho, cause they just take *all* the data off of anroid phones.

and apple isn't as high only because they have less market share
It seems like a weird power grab to become the biggest collector and seller of other people's data and treating them like garbage. Add to that the overwhelming urge to scan the history of people who say wrong things on your products and have their various accounts and stuff locked forever. Microsoft.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I can wait it out. If they don't update, I may have to get 62.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Alereon posted:

Somebody come up with a funny title and I will replace the 15 year old forums catchphrase I used.
That burning smell is a fresh update.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Is there a way to transfer Super Start websites to some other add-on of its kind?
What sidebar are people using?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Sep 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
The browser is incredibly fast so far. I have to applaud them for making a noticeable speed boost, unless it really was from knocking out a few add-ons.