Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
So who wants to chip in a few bucks for the murderhouse with me? Can't possibly be the worst goon project ever.

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
Is that 2.5ft of horizontal surface? Is it square, or cubed? 'Cause I don't want my 2.5ft on the ceiling.

Or maybe I do. :thunk:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

corgski posted:

It's a square ~19" on a side, floor to ceiling.

StormDrain posted:

2.5 cubic inches maybe. I'm using mine for a red ball pit ball.

gently caress, this is sounding like a worse and worse deal.. but okay fine. I'm gonna use my space for a blue ball pit ball.

quote:

This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.
Well yeah, it's a goon house. :colbert:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Slugworth posted:

I knew a guy who had, I guess, no sweat glands? Or they didn't work? But he couldn't sweat. So on hot days, he had a vest that periodically sprayed water onto a few different areas of his body. I think about that vest on hot days sometimes...

I have a friend that was unable to sweat, so his house was always a bit chilly otherwise he might overheat and end up in the hospital (again). Turns out he had undiagnosed type I diabetes, and taking care of that took care of the sweating problem. :downs:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Youth Decay posted:

I'm the booblight over the sink

I'm the bit of counter that hangs out over the cupboard on the left.

Literally everything about this house seems off and I hate it. https://www.estately.com/listings/info/7925-clovertree-court--1

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I'm the.. wait, where's the sink? :confuoot:

I guess it's that silver blip on the back counter, but it looks laughably small for a kitchen sink, perspective be damned. Looks like they haven't installed a faucet yet either, or they installed it on the left side and picked a fixture small enough to be obscured by a lightbulb. Nevermind the fact that the sink and the stove should be swapped.

Dr.Smasher posted:

Tag yourself. I'm the opening for the dishwasher that's way too wide

By popular demand posted:

I'm the unsatisfyingly thin board enclosing the dishwasher space.

..I think that's a mini fridge.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

PainterofCrap posted:

In the US/Philadelphia area, we call those 'portable buildings.' I had a class in high school that was in "the portable building," a temporary structure that had not moved in 25-years.

Yeah, we call it the same thing out here in California, or just "portables". I had classes in the portables all throughout my school years. Even the library at one of my schools was just a really big portable.

I guess the "correct" term would be prefabricated building or just prefab. Learned that when we were looking at mobile homes and the dealer was very insistent on calling them "prefabricated homes" as if he took personal offense to the term "mobile home". :shrug:

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Slugworth posted:

Your grandpa had no clue what the hell he was doing.

You pull them out with a pair of channel locks.

A retail store I used to work at had several ancient vacuum cleaners for our miles of carpet, and one of them was missing a ground pin. I eventually found it.. still stuck in the outlet. Amazingly, it broke off flush with the plug and didn't protrude from the outlet at all so nobody else had ever noticed or cared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I usually went to the Egyptian Fry's. I think it's an indoor pickleball court now.

Friends who used to work at Fry's told me if you were under performing you got sent to the Palo Alto store in hopes that you would just quit so they didn't have to deal with firing you. If you survived Palo Alto, you got sent to an un-airconditioned warehouse numbered store 86..