Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Ultimate Spider-Man remains the best. And now we know what next months cover is all about. And I am sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

No reboot just name changes. There was also a event that caused mass death but we do not have the details. There was just a time jump and a lot of things were diffrent.

Do you mean Ultimatum? Because that was fairly well explained.

I recently subscribed to Marvel Unlimited and have been working my way through Ultimate Spiderman. It is the best! It is really, really good! I've just started volume 2 though (After Ultimatum, before Miles) and the art is really putting me off.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Not a bad issue. But did I miss something really obvious - where did all the gems come from? I gotta admit I ain't been paying much attention to the last arc, it was a bit of a mess. And did the gauntlet make it so banner can talk when he's hulk now or did I miss something else? And is Kang a woman in the UU or was it just weird art?

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
So, Age of Ultron 10 featured a panel in which Miles bumped in to 616 Galactus. That was definitely a thing. How the flip that's gonna tie in to One Year Later I have no idea.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
I dunno man. Universes appear to be colliding. Maybe the threads will too...

616 Galactus has made an appearance in the UU though (although in a 616 comic). There's talk of the UU coming to an end. This could be the start of it...

Nobody seemed to be talking about it here, and I thought it might be relevant.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

Spider-man is also a year later.

My guess is that after the events of Hunger, all of the UC heroes except for Miles will be somehow retconned out of existence, leaving the way for Ultimate Spider-Man to continue on its own, hence the time jump.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

bobkatt013 posted:

The time jump was due to Miles quitting for a year

Well yes, but what else happened during that year that we don't know about? If Hunger really is the end of the Ultimate Universe as we know it, but Ultimate Spider-Man is to continue, this could be a way to do it. At the end of Hunger all the heroes are gone, except for Miles, for some reason.

I just really don't want to see Miles brought over to the 616.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

DFu4ever posted:

Ultimate Spider-Woman is one of the reasons I don't want to see the Ultimate Universe just go away. She's such an interesting part of the Spider-Man corner of that universe, and is ridiculously more interesting than her 616 counterpart. Although, I am a bit biased since I have always thought 616 Spider-Woman was a tremendously lame character.

She's pretty good, but outside of Ulitimate Spidey, where does she show up? What's some good Jessica stuff to read?

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

coconono posted:

She hasn't shown up since DC got nuked. She and Lord Britain were gassed and captured in the Winter Protocol coup. Not sure what happened to her after that.

Any idea where she shoes up directly after leaving USM? I'm aware she has something to do with the ultimates, but when did that happen? She's not in the first two volumes and all I remember if three is it being unreadable.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Miles is not bring bought over to 616. It would completely ruin the character. I just can't see it happening. It would be such a ridiculous thing to do I can't believe people are even entertaining such a thought.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

DFu4ever posted:

It's hard to tell how old she's actually intended to be. I always figured she was early 20's, since the Ultimates took her on as a member.

Not got it with me right now but pretty sure she says "I'm 16" in this issue.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

Miles is getting folded into 616 after Crisis on A Few Thousand Remaining Earths.

Says who? I'd be surprised. Even Marvel must be well aware that Miles' popularity is at least partly because he exists separate from the 616, and has his own strong, well established, supporting cast. People have been saying this for ages, I just can't see it happening?

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Beaver Patrol posted:

If this means Miles isn't Spider-Man anymore, and that Peter is back to being the Ultimate Universe Spidey, I'm done with this universe. The entire run has been poorly paced, kinda mediocre stories, but to not even give Miles a good story that isn't just a lead up to something else before bringing back Peter? What a waste of a character.

Best jump to a conclusion based one one out of context teaser pic, just to be on the safe side. It's like some of you have never even read comics before.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
Just wondering, but does the Ultimate universe have a number?

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

How'd it end? All I could gather is that Doom runs Hydra for Reasons and Miles somehow punches him out cold, then incursion.

That is exactly what happened

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

. I'd rather Miles keep his entire supporting cast, but those two in particular I think have some serious potential moving forward.

I'm assuming that everyone on the roof at the end of issue 12 is coming across to 616 with Miles

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

ToastyPotato posted:

Did they ever explain what Peter 616 saw on the internet at the end of the Spider-Men story that made him look all shocked? He was looking up Miles Morales wasn't he?

Yup, that's what he was googling but it was never revealed who 616 Miles is. Bendis has hinted that this might finally get followed up in post Secret Wars, but who knows?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010

Aces High posted:

sooooo when does Ultimate End launch? Or did it already and I need to hit my local store

issue one came out last week.

• Locked thread