Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
My #1 artist on Wrapped was Gamma Ray (top 2% worldwide!) and I got a message from Thomas Youngblood from Kamelot. My other top 5 bands were Kamelot, Edguy, Helloween, and Rhapsody. It’s pretty clear what I’m into right now.

Southern Cassowary posted:

number 2 was pest control because it's always nice to have a banger crossover thrash album that's 20 minutes to toss on whenever and i did that a lot

Thanks for mentioning this album, it whips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Mr. Pickles posted:

The official Bolt Thrower website is no longer online

FORGOTTEN EXISTENCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZmL94xsMLM

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

I have a feeling this isn’t the thrash band Carnivore, whose s/t song features a bit with the lead singer going “hnnnngh… hnnnngh… I LOVE EATING PUSSY!”

Count Thrashula posted:

Colony Drop - Brace for Impact

Doing the Vince McMahon meme seeing a band called Colony Drop on a year-end list, looking them up, and finding out they’re a crossover band.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

symbolic posted:

that singer is also Peter Steele, hence the recommendation

I knew this at some point, but I haven’t listened to Carnivore in so long, I forgot about it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Count Thrashula posted:

Yeah, "Gundam themed thrashover" was the fastest I've ever clicked on an album ,and I wasn't disappointed at all.

There’s also a song called Stand Against the World, and between that and the Amid Evil DLC, it was a good year to get into Jojo.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Malaria posted:

edit: post thrash

post thrash, now you’re speaking my language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDDTmpw3fYg

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
When I saw Municipal Waste, one dude stage dived like 4 or 5 times during Wave of Death. It’s not even a 2 minute song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhs93VKtnco

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

ThePopeOfFun posted:

this and the bolt thrower baseball bat pcp show

What?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MrBling posted:

So .. on a random website (http://www.mattjohnsen.com/archive/2005/11/into_the_eye_of.php) that reviewed Realm of Chaos, Karl Willets from Bolt Thrower told a wild story in the comments.
I remember when I first found this, completely at random and I had to share it with the metal thread here, so the story is in one of the old threads.

Hell yeah, this kicks rear end.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I haven’t seen GWAR, but I did see a local Sasquatch-themed death metal band cover a couple GWAR songs as a tribute to Brockie.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I’ve listened to Sonic Firestorm and Inhuman Rampage once each, and they’re a bit too much between how nonstop their music is and the ultra-slick production, but I really like Valley of the Damned. It hits a perfect little nook of speedy power metal that I love.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

drat this is a pretty sick lineup. And unsurprisingly, similar to other festivals that have been announced recently. Motley Crue closing out Sunday night with Vince Neil in his current terrible state is pretty lackluster though. And also no Mick Mars. I've never seen them before so I'll probably enjoy it, but it brings me memories of last year when Axel Rose was loving terrible when GNR closed Aftershock 2023.
Got my daughter and I weekend passes to this for her Christmas present. Gonna be great, as long as I don't get my brand new phone stolen again.

https://x.com/AFTERSHOCKSAC/status/1762930615589159364?s=20

It pains me to see my beloved Anthrax listed below loving Breaking Benjamin.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
As much as I love Priest, I don’t know if I can say anything they’ve done is as good as Number of the Beast. To be absolutely fair, though, I think almost no albums can compare to Number of the Beast. poo poo’s just too drat good.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Oldstench posted:

Powerslave, Somewhere In Time, and Seventh Son are all better though :shrug:

Granted I haven’t listened to Seventh Son, but I think Powerslave and Somewhere in Time just aren’t quite as good. Number of the Beast is just an incredible tight, locked-in album, and some of the soloing on other albums doesn’t quite do it for me.

Altared State posted:

I saw Dead Heat, Necrot, Ghoul, and Municipal Waste tonight and it was incredible.

Was Tony missing half the lyrics for Waste? When I saw them back in 2019 he just wasn’t singing a lot of the lyrics. Still was a hell of a fun show, they ripped.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Henchman of Santa posted:

Number of the Beast is wall to wall bangers except for Gangland, which even the band admits should've had Total Eclipse in its place.

Huh, I’ve been skipping Total Eclipse on the re-release for awhile now, it’s never done anything for me and I like Gangland a lot.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LNi-aPXuc

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Shoutout to whoever mentioned Overkill the other day, I listened to their first album for the first time and it kicked rear end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVvI7cml0h0

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
oh no I’m doing that thing again where I’m listening to a bunch of Municipal Waste. I’m not as familiar with their post-Massive Aggressive stuff because those weren’t out when I was obsessively listening to them during my beer-soaked college days, but goddamn are The Fatal Feast and Slime and Punishment good. No one does it like the Waste.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Been going deeper into Voivod's discography lately, and I am all in on these dudes, really good, technical and varied

I’ve tried a few albums of theirs until I listened to Killing Technology a few weeks ago, which I liked! I then went on a bend of tech/prog thrash and realized most of the subgenre isn’t for me.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Immediately thought “hey that guy looks like Ryan Waste,” checked it out and lo and behold it’s Ryan Waste and Nikropolis. I’ll check it out.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Captain Duvel posted:

The instrumentals are loving killer. Kinda wish they had a different vocal style but I still like it

Yeah, I listened to that Dissimulator album too and it ruled.

I also checked out the Critical Defiance album that just came out, poo poo rips. It’s almost techy thrash but not quite? Really good either way.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
The boys will never be back in Cleveland, Ohio

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzCTMIjuBTQ

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Oh yeah speaking of songs about their own genres
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBP_mdB2RUE

I just relistened to Epidemic of Violence recently, it knocks me on my rear end every time.

X-Ray Pecs fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Apr 24, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Duck Rodgers posted:

I still have a lot on my own list to go, but I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions of lesser known classics of death metal. I've never listened to either the Terrorizer album or the Repulsion album, but I'm seeing that a lot of early death metal bands looked up to those two bands. They just didn't get to record their albums until the late 80s when labels started signing everyone. So something like those, or albums that got released in the 90s when there wasn't as much hype.

Don’t sleep on Terrorizer’s World Downfall, it’s a loving great album.