Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Who cares where the money is going? He can spend it how he pleases.

The cops also don't seem like they've got anything on him and just want to get him and his terrible opinions out of France.

In other, more left-leaning news, has anyone heard the new split that Panopticon did with Vestiges? I think it's better than the stuff that was on Kentucky, and I'm really excited to hear what's coming next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iax_VhmKqcU

The drumming on this is fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

the yeti posted:

^^^ I didn't realize any songs were available yet! Can't wait on my copy to arrive.

It ships this week but the whole thing has been streaming on Bandcamp for about a month.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

nomapple posted:

Probably better to put this in the post-rock thread, but yes, I agree. In terms of metal stuff: I am surprised to find that I'm really digging the new Revocation album, as I don't really listen to much metal that sounds like it anymore. They seem to get the balance just about right on song writing vs guitar wank, even if they lose me a bit on tracks like Spastic. Either way, it's fast, melodic and catchy, and kind of reminds me of when I first started listening to metal. This would've been a great gateway album for me 4 or 5 years ago. Anyway, I get a real kick out of it, and am enjoying it a lot more than Chaos of Forms.

Yeah, I agree 100%. Even a riff salad tune like Spastic is full of good riffs, and the solos are absolutely killer. I'm also getting an AJFA vibe from the guitar work on both that and the new Carcass album.

e: also maybe best for the post-something thread, but Relapse put out the new True Widow album on vinyl and it sounds like poo poo. That recording was made to be pressed to vinyl and how they hosed that up I will never know.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Updated band list for Maryland Deathfest XII. I'm very, very excited for Mgla, Taake, Witchrist/Diocletian and Solstafir, but the whole lineup is looking really solid. Ulver was the big announcement today.

ASPHYX (Netherlands)
AT THE GATES (Sweden)
BONGRIPPER
CANDLEMASS (Sweden)
DIOCLETIAN (New Zealand)
EXCRUCIATING TERROR
EXTINCTION OF MANKIND (UK)
GOD MACABRE (Sweden)
GORGUTS (Canada)
GRAVES AT SEA
HEMDALE
MACHETAZO (Spain)
MGLA (Poland)
SARKE (Norway)
SOILENT GREEN
SOLSTAFIR (Iceland)
TAAKE (Norway)
TANKARD (Germany)
ULVER (Norway)
UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS (UK)
UNHOLY GRAVE (Japan)
UNLEASHED (Sweden)
WITCHRIST (New Zealand)

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Haggins posted:

sturdy pants

Please explain/expand on this. I just hope he can get into the States; he's said enough hateful stuff that I'm afraid his visa will get lost when it's time to fly over. Has Taake ever played the US before?

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Andy Rehfeldt is a composer who, in his free time, does death metal versions of pop songs and jazz/polka/"radio disney" versions of metal songs. And he is a goddamn genius.

My Heart Will Go On:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDvx6556HA

House of the Rising Sun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQYeDBn_VXU

I See The Want To In Your Eyes, by Conway Twitty:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hd16RkIHeKk

Radio Disney is amazing.

Immortal - The Sun No Longer Rises
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiU6Bb9X5fc

Behemoth - Demigod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E92zCs4sWto

This guy's youtube account is a treasure trove.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
But nobody's mentioned Necrocomiccon yet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge5kNVREqRs

Seriously though, go listen to the new Glorior Belli streaming over at Stereogum. They're labeled a black metal band, but there's a huge blues rock influence, and the new record is very, very heavy.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
The (monstly) final lineup and venue information for MDF XII was just announced.

AETERNUS (Norway)
ARCAGATHUS (Canada)
ASPHYX (Netherlands)
AT THE GATES (Sweden)
BIRDFLESH (Sweden)
BÖLZER (Switzerland)
BONGRIPPER
CANCER (UK)
CANDLEMASS (Sweden)
CASTEVET
COFFINS (Japan)
CREATIVE WASTE (Saudi Arabia)
CRYPTIC SLAUGHTER
THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH (Austria)
CROWBAR
DEATH TOLL 80K (Finland)
DIOCLETIAN (New Zealand)
DROPDEAD
ENTHRONED (Belgium)
ENTRAILS (Sweden)
EXCRUCIATING TERROR
EXTINCTION OF MANKIND (UK)
FINAL CONFLICT
GOD MACABRE (Sweden)
GORGUTS (Canada)
GRAVES AT SEA
HEMDALE
HOODED MENACE (Finland)
IMMOLATION
INCANTATION
IN DISGUST
MACHETAZO (Spain)
MESRINE (Canada)
MGLA (Poland)
MITOCHONDRION (Canada)
MUTILATION RITES
MY DYING BRIDE (UK)
NECROS CHRISTOS (Germany)
NOCTURNUS A.D.
NOOTHGRUSH
ORATOR (Bangladesh)
RATOS DE PORAO (Brazil)
ROTTING OUT
SACRIFICE (Canada)
SARKE (Norway)
SICK/TIRED
SOILENT GREEN
SOLSTAFIR (Iceland)
STAPLED SHUT
TAAKE (Norway)
TANKARD (Germany)
THEORIES
TORCHE
ULCERATE (New Zealand)
ULVER (Norway)
UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS (UK)
UNHOLY GRAVE (Japan)
UNLEASHED (Sweden)
WAR MASTER
WHITEHORSE (Australia)
WINDHAND
WITCHRIST (New Zealand)
WRATHPRAYER (Chile)

Three venues will be used; the first, a gigantic parking lot/open area just north of downtown that will have two stages, the second is the Baltimore Soundstage, a medium-sized venue that will host the grind/crust type bands, and finally Rams Head Live, a large and very nice venue with enormous capacity that will host the headliners. They're all within easy (like 5 min) walking distance of one another and in the same neighborhood as the old Sonar venue so for those of you familiar with MDF all of the same hotels will be there to overcharge you like usual.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Gaggins posted:

Is Ulver playing metal again?

From what I understand, they will not-- it will be in the vein of their more recent shows from the last few years. Still, I guess, an interesting change of pace and beats another doom band.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

Come to Baltimore tonight. Problem solved. Congrats!

Watain were incredibly good, but both the openers (Tribulation and In Solitude) were so incredible as well that I was worn out by the beginning of the (very long) first encore. After Sworn to the Dark and Reaping Death I thought they were going to pack it in, but they just kept on going.

Does Watain always tour with a live guitarist who isn't part of the group? Pelle from In Solitude was really, really good playing with them (amazing energy playing back-to-back sets) but I thought it was odd that it was him playing all of the lead parts and solos.

e: what was the deal with Dread Pirate Watain that sat in between the barrier and the stage with his eyes closed most of the set? I saw him coming off the tour bus with the band, but he definitely wasn't a tech or roadie. Anyone see him at any other dates?

Monkeytime fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 4, 2013

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Hey guys, I just got turned on to this great Ukrainian band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sax-BlhYHus

Possibly :nws: for butts

Seriously though, those Egyptian bands are pretty good. I'm looking forward to reading that series on Invisible Oranges; I quit reading the site not long after Cosmo stopped writing for them.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Xandoom posted:

So I'm a huge Amon Amarth fan and noticed they were playing in my city in February. Would this be an event that would be suitable/safe to bring my 15 year old kid brother along?

Having seen them a couple of times (and as a parent myself) definitely yes. Johan always seemed to be having a good time bantering with the crowd and the pits are relatively tame. It's a fun rock show, not some INVOKING THE DARK RITUAL routine. I'm in the US; I don't know if that makes a difference.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Well, Nachtmystium is done. Can't say I didn't see that coming.

Blake Judd posted:

Alright everyone - it's official: Nachtmystium is R.I.P. Today, I turn 31 years old and as a gift to myself, as sad as it makes me to do this, I'm letting go of something that I've put blood, sweat and tears into for the last 13 1/2 years. It's been an amazing ride full of extreme highs and extreme lows. It's taken me around the world to places I'd never have imagined getting to see / experience. I've toured with some of my favorite bands ever and met some of the most amazing people I could ever have asked to meet. These experiences are fond memories that I will be able to reflect on until the day I die and be eternally grateful for having in my mind.

There are two releases left that are yet to come out: a split 10" MLP with The Many, which will be released on Plastik Musik in the coming months, and the bands epitaph LP, "The World We Left Behind", to be released world wide on CD / LP / digitally by Century Media Records in spring, 2014. A vinyl box set of the bands entire discography is also in the works and will hopefully see the light of day sometime in 2014.

I leave behind the following discography....works that all have a special, sentimental value to me, with each of them representing a moment in time in my life that I'd chosen to capture via music that I then chose to put out there for you all to experience if you chose to do so. From beginning to end, the following titles are the legacy of Nachtmystium's existence:

- "Holocaust OF Eternity" demo cassette, 2000
- "Unholy Terrorist Cult" demo CD-r, 2001
- "The Ancient Battlefield" split demo cassette with ZALNIK, 2001
- "Live Onslaught" live cassette, 2002
- "Reign Of The Malicious" CD / LP / picture LP, cassette, 2002
- "Nachtmystium" MCD / MLP, 2002
- "Live Blitzkrieg" LP, 2003
- "The First Attacks: Demos 2000-2001" CD / LP, 2003
- "Demise" CD / LP / picture LP / cassette, 2003
- Nachtmystium / Xasthur split 7" EP, 2004
- "Eulogy IV" MCD / MLP / picture LP, 2004
- "Live Onslaught #2" CD-r, 2005
- "Visual Propaganda: Live From the Pits of Damnation" live DVD, 2005
- "Daze West" split 7" EP with Krieg, 2005
- "Instinct: Decay" CD / LP / picture LP, 2006
- "Worldfall" MCD / MLP / picture LP, 2008
- "Assassins: Black Meddle Pt. I" CD / LP, 2008
- "Doomsday Derelicts" MCD / MLP, 2009
- "Addicts: Black Meddle Pt. II" CD / LP, 2010
- "Live At Roadburn MMX" CD / LP, 2011
- Nachtmystium / Murmur - Split 7" EP, 2011
- "As Made" 7" EP, 2012
- "Silencing Machine" CD / LP, 2012
- Nachtmystium / The Many split 7" EP, 2014 (pending release)
- "The World We Left Behind" CD / LP, 2014 (pending release)

Thank you to all the individuals I've worked with, regardless of the nature of our personal relationships today, for helping be a part of this monstrous discography. A very special thank you to Chris Maycock (aka Chris Black) and Sanford Parker for your rolls as producers on the majority of the bands full-length albums and later EP's, I could've never made these records without your guys' guidance and musical / studio prowess. Lastly, thanks to you fans world-wide who've supported the band over the last 13 1/2 years. You are the people I owe the most to, as you helped me bring a dream of mine since my earliest memories of being alive to be able to be a musician and a live performer come to life, I feel that between the year 1999 and today in late 2013, I've lived more than most people do in a lifetime through my experiences with Nachtmystium, and every one of you who ever bought a tape, a CD, an LP, a tshirt, a concert ticket, a poster, a patch, etc., you were the people that truly helped bring this dream of mine to reality. I am eternally grateful to you all for helping make this happen.

So, I'll leave you all with a live video of our track "Ghosts Of Grace", to play here at the end of this very finalizing statement of mine. This song has kind of been the 'anthem' of the bands discography and was always the biggest 'crowd pleaser' from my perspective when performing it live. This particular recording was taken in San Francisco, CA while on the North American Plague tour with our friends Marduk in December of 2009, while the band was touring for our most successful album, "Assassins: Black Meddle Pt. I", which was a high point in our career certainly. Please enjoy the music Nachtmystium has left behind for all of you for years to come. The band may be gone, but the recordings will live forever and I hope that they will be played by all of you at some point time and time again.

Thanks again to all of you who've been a part of this wild ride. I'll have the memories to enjoy for the rest of my life, and for this I am truly grateful.

"And the storm left nothing, and the storm left all....and the storm took nothing, and the storm took all"

-Blake Judd / Nachtmystium
November 13th, 2013

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

m-o-o-n posted:

Awful groove bro metal riffs = death metal?

I don't know, I thought it was funny.

Anyone been listening to Cara Neir's Portals to a Better, Dead World? Each of their releases has been pretty unique, and this one has a kind of Enslaved-meets-d-beat-crust vibe going on.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
There's a new Woods of Desolation track up on Youtube. Torn Beyond Reason was a favorite of mine last year, so I'm really looking forward to this one. I wouldn't call them "post" black metal, but I think this will appeal to a lot of the people that liked Entropia since it has that "pretty" black metal thing going on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7E2ykNATUg

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Maryland Deathfest final-ish details have been announced, and tickets go on sale tomorrow.

Maryland Deathfest posted:

Here we go with the (almost) last round of confirmed bands! This round includes only 3 bands for the main location (Edison), mostly bands to round out the Soundstage billing, and a few bands for the Thursday show at Rams Head (including the headliner for that day). Our website will be fully updated within the next couple of hours.

It appears that we will announce one (possibly two) more bands for the main location (Edison) sometime in December. Neither band will be a huge headliner, but will be a nice way to round things out. One band in particular would represent a country that has never been represented before at MDF, and we're currently waiting to make sure that they can make it into the US before announcing them.

New confirmations:

DARK ANGEL - One of only a few US shows!

TRIPTYKON (Switzerland) - Exclusive US appearance! Headlining the Thursday show at Rams Head.

INQUISITION

CRIPPLE BASTARDS (Italy)

ANTISECT (UK)

SOURVEIN

LEFT FOR DEAD (Canada)

VICTIMS (Sweden)

BLACK BREATH

GOAT TORMENT (Belgium)

CAPITALIST CASUALTIES

THE SECRET (Italy)

SEVEN SISTERS OF SLEEP

INTERNAL ROT (Australia)

MARUTA

БУТ (Czech Republic)

PUTRISECT

ENABLER

ENDORPHINS LOST

Here is a break down of who is playing where:

Thursday (Rams Head):

COFFINS
CROWBAR
SEVEN SISTERS OF SLEEP
SOURVEIN
TORCHE
TRIPTYKON
WHITEHORSE

Edison Parking Space (Friday-Sunday – bands play until 11:00 pm) - 2 more bands to be added in December

AT THE GATES
BONGRIPPER
CANCER
CANDLEMASS
CASTEVET
DARK ANGEL
DIOCLETIAN
ENTRAILS
GOAT TORMENT
GOD MACABRE
GORGUTS
GRAVES AT SEA
HEMDALE
INQUISITION
MACHETAZO
MGLA
MY DYING BRIDE
NECROS CHRISTOS
NOCTURNUS A.D.
ORATOR
SACRIFICE
SARKE
SOILENT GREEN
SOLSTAFIR
TAAKE
TANKARD
ULVER
UNCLE ACID & THE DEADBEATS
UNLEASHED
WINDHAND
WITCHRIST
WRATHPRAYER

Rams Head (Friday-Sunday – playing between 10:00 pm – 1:30 am):

AETERNUS
ASPHYX
BÖLZER
THE CHURCH OF PUNGENT STENCH
ENTHRONED
HOODED MENACE
IMMOLATION
INCANTATION
MITOCHONDRION
MUTILATION RITES
PUTRISECT
ULCERATE
WAR MASTER

Soundstage (Friday-Sunday)

ARCHAGATHUS
ANTISECT
BIRDFLESH
BLACK BREATH
БУТ
CAPITALIST CASUALTIES
CREATIVE WASTE
CRIPPLE BASTARDS
DEATH TOLL 80K
DROPDEAD
ENABLER
ENDORPHINS LOST
EXCRUCIATING TERROR
EXTINCTION OF MANKIND
FINAL CONFLICT
IN DISGUST
INTERNAL ROT
LEFT FOR DEAD
MARUTA
MESRINE
NOOTHGRUSH
RATOS DE PARAO
ROTTING OUT
THE SECRET
SHITSTORM
SICK/TIRED
STAPLED SHUT
THEORIES
UNHOLY GRAVE

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

het posted:

Hey, remember that time Gorguts and Eluveitie opened for Aerosmith? Good times.

I thought they did a pretty good job with the stage themes. It does seem odd, though, that there are a bunch of '70s/80s hard rock bands on the biggest stages when that sort of music isn't represented on any other stage. "Mgla is amazing, but I gotta run to catch Buckcherry's set!"

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Manowar is the best muscle car metal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGeFnGzEs84

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

This phenomenal tour MUST make its way to the east coast - right? RIGHT?!?!

It has to, right? That whole Toxic Holocaust album is so goddamn good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFChVltQBt0

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

kirkjames posted:

Anyone else dig Obliteration's album last year? I'm super stoked on it along with pretty much anything that has that ugly blackened death rawness. Any other recommendations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufm0ZEMnZsI

They're touring the US in March.

http://www.songkick.com/artists/177043-obliteration/calendar

The Baltimore show is going to be killer.

https://www.facebook.com/events/506094326175628/

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

PsySabreW posted:

weak beer and expensive shirts

I'm sure Joey reminded you that they were THE BEST FUCKIN SHIRTS and that the CDs had THE BEST FUCKIN ALBUM ART, right? I would listen to a whole disc of that lunatic ranting at the crowd.

I'd also like to know what kind of beer you're used to that 6-7% is "weak."

kirkjames posted:

Black Magic playing music from 1983

This is great.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
You can't talk about big and schlocky without mentioning the masterpiece of bombast that is Dimmu Borgir's "Progenies of the Great Apocalypse" though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joEAb_y7ZYA

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I guess 3 Inches of Blood is technically Canadian but I like most of their stuff pre the most recent album which I thought wasn't as good. Premonition of Pain is a loving JAM though.

3 Inches of Blood gets stale after a little while but Wykydtron will always be amazing.

e: my 2 year old just darted into the living room and started dancing to the dulcet tones of Cam Pipes. Jam: verified

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

IRQ posted:

The best part is when they swap from the whole medieval(?) something or other killing naked ladies theme and show a shed with a plastic rake hanging on it.

WE WILL MURDER THIS GIRL WITH A TRIDENT, THEN TIDY UP YOUR LAAWWWWWWNNNNN

Carving out a niche!

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Morbid Florist posted:

We're abbreviating single word band names now? :(

Vowels are so 2013.

Have we been talking about the new CFFNWRM album? It's fantastic, maybe my favorite of the year so far.

You can stream the whole thing at their Bandcamp: https://profoundlorerecords.bandcamp.com/album/iv-i-viii

e: for vowels

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

m-o-o-n posted:

believe it or not it's really loving bad

I listened to that whole thing and now, ten minutes later, all I remember is that it was second-rate riff salad and pretty long. I would O How The Mighty Have Fallen but it's been like this for the majority of the time Metallica has existed.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

The nation has been saved.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-demands-more-mindblowing-guitar-solos,35545/

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Takes No Damage posted:

Just noticed the Metal Alliance Tour is at House of Blues in Dallas this Friday. Behemoth, GoatWhore and 1349? Yes please. I'm not familiar with the other 2 acts, but going by the promo photos, Inquisition is grimdark frounyface early-Immortal worship, and Black Crown Initiate will be beardariffic stoner rock. I'm at work and they block streaming radio type stuff, how close am I?

As noted above you're right about Inquisition and I'd also like to add that they're completely amazing. I've never seen two dudes make so much sound.

Black crown initiate is opethy stuff complete with that part where all the instruments cut out except some plinky clean electric guitar and they feed Mikael's the dude's vocals through that "telephone" effect and then WHAMMO riff and blast city with growly vocals.

e: more mid-period Immortal, really

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Friends Are Evil posted:

Demon Pact's the definite highlight on Melana Chasmata so far. Getting some serious Through Silver In Blood vibes from it.

That song's heavy as hell but all I can hear on the chorus is "A pair of (?????) will incinerate my balls/Corrupted myself and I cannot say 'hello.'" I have to say it's pretty fun to scoop some evil/summon fire and growl "MY BAWLS" along with Tom.

As an album, it's got some really great riffs and passages but there are also some pretty cringeworthy moments, that "Emily" song coming immediately to mind.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Von Sloneker posted:

They're baaaack.
https://soundcloud.com/bolzer/bolzer-steppes

That Maximum the Hormone was pretty interesting and now I think I have some investigating to do.

Awesome. I'm seeing Bolzer and a month and I can't wait.

And yes, Maximum The Hormone is awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdwT5JlH8gM

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Semprini posted:

New Slayer song: :bravo2:

This is pretty terrible, and that vocal cadence makes it sound like he's reading out of a book of limericks. I guess with Hanneman and Lombardo gone I really shouldn't expect much from here on out, not like "world painted blood" was a masterpiece or anything.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

New Misery Index comes out tomorrow, and gently caress it's rad.

I saw them last night and was totally mesmerized by Adam Jarvis. One of the best drummers I have ever seen. If you get a chance, go see them.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
Goatwhore has a new track up from their forthcoming LP and it rips. Plus points for hilarious lyrics about drinking virgin blood and not being babymetal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQMyOFHhS2k

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

MoreMetalBrian posted:

Not sure if this is the proper thread for it, but a couple of co-workers released their first album today and I thought some people here may dig it :
http://www.decibelmagazine.com/featured/dweller-in-the-valley-new-release-younger-dryas/

Some serious Vader-riffs around the one-minute mark.

Yes, Dweller in the Valley is awesome. Never seen them live but I'm going to the Grimoire Records showcase in Baltimore June 8 with Torrid Husk and a bunch of other black metal acts.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I still love Opeth but I am glad this thread doesn't poo poo on them as much as they used to, ghost and mastodon are the new whipping boys

Come on over to the black metal thread if you'd like to try making GBS threads on Deafheaven. Coming next: Young and in the Way

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

God drat it, after that Watain show in Brooklyn every two-bit Satanic black metal band is going to be pouring chicken blood all over the place as though it's not absolutely disgusting. I went to see Lord Mantis and Hell Militia last night and these guys were the local opener:

Old boy was wearing an inverted cross made out of what appeared to be chicken bones and had sheep or goat jaws dangling from his pants. After one song he informed us that BALLTIMORRRREEEE! IT IS TIIIIIME! TO DRINK THE BLOOD OF SAAAAATAN! AND BE BAPTIZED! IN! BLAAAAAAAASPHEMY!

He had something in his hand and I figured that was my cue to back up. Fortunately for everyone, our blood-spitting radar was working perfectly and the stream of acrid, foul blood that he spewed in our direction just landed on the floor. To be honest, it really wasn't much blood, just a mouthful, but the Sidebar is pretty much a basement without great air circulation and the smell was pretty awful.

Anyway, Lord Mantis came on later and was really loving good. If you have a chance to catch that tour absolutely do so. Also, buy Charlie Fell a beer and chat him up, he's a really nice guy.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

Oh heyyyy local dude! We should drink a beer sometime, although I'm kind of in hibernation mode.
I frequent Sidebar when I'm not though!

You going to be at Ash Borer/Hell/Ilsa/Barbelith Thursday? Gonna be a great show.

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

thepitgoddess posted:

That or eyehategod, iron Reagan and vektor. Might do ashborer in Philly? I cant decide.

I don't know that I'll ever do another Philly show after 4+ hours on the road driving back from Behemoth. Unless I was staying up there, I guess.

Has anyone mentioned how good the new Misery Index album is? It's really good. Adam Jarvis is the most impressive live drummer I've ever seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTiZ7f3jEhM

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010
First round of bands has been announced for 2015's Maryland Deathfest. I'm sort of underwhelmed, but I'm sure that as always the final lineup will be pretty amazing.

May 21-24, 2015

Aeternus (Norway) *
Arcturus (Norway) *
Aura Noir (Norway) *
Bulldozer (Italy) *
Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult (Germany)
Demoncy
Dragged into Sunlight (UK)
D.R.I.
Einherjer (Norway) *
Funebrarum
Goatsnake
Impetuous Ritual (Australia) *
Lock Up *
Lycanthrophy (Czech Republic)
Master
Melt-Banana (Japan)
Metal Church
Noisear
Neurosis
Portal (Australia) *
Serpentine Path
Skepticism (Finland) *
Splatterhouse
Suffering Mind (Poland)
Triptykon (Switzerland) *
Tsjuder (Norway) *
Twilight of the Gods *
Ufomammut (Italy)
Vallenfyre (UK) *
Vulcano (Brazil) *
Winter
Wolfbrigade (Sweden) *

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeytime
Mar 20, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I've had a blast the last 2 years so I don't see why I won't continue the trend.

Master is enough to sell me, and if I recall correctly, the opening reveals haven't really been all that spectacular.

Agreed. I still know I'm going, and seeing Tryptikon and Tsjuder will be awesome.