Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.
I really enjoyed Ad Majorem, hell everything they did with king and gaahl, but god seed just didn't have whatever it was that grabbed me there. I guess Infernus gave just enough to drive it up my way. Whatever they called that festering pile of poo poo they put out last time though...it seems neither group is as good without the other

if anyone has a problem with tolkien, black metal is clearly the last place they should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Metal shows usually aren't so plentiful that you're looking at dozens of places in each city that might have one. If you can name the cities you'll be in the locals on here can tip you towards what venues cater to metal shows

If boston is on your list look into the Middle East in cambridge, The Paradise in boston and the Palladium in Worcester. there's some smaller places that sometimes throw out a surprise but those are the ones most "big" shows play at around here

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

gently caress Yes!!!

Behemoth, Goatwhore, 1349 and Inquisition for the 2014 ‘Metal Alliance Tour’ to be revealed this coming Monday, January 13th.

I'd be happier if they reversed that stage order

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Amon Amarth's new music video is finally out after literally six months since the announcement/trailer. It's pretty great though, more like a short film type thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwdcFVsmYtU

More happens in this video than in 3 seasons of game of thrones

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

rxcowboy posted:

Dear Metal Goons: I finally got off my rear end and starting going to the gym, working a starting strength routine. I need a good playlist for gym time, and I would like some input. So far I'm going with Amon Amarth, Motorhead, Skeletonwitch, Neurosis and The Ocean but obviously I'll need more.

Nashville Pussy has a ton of good workout paced poo poo but you might drop weights on your feet from laughing

Black Flag - Damaged could do the trick too

and pre-Roots Sepultura

he said he wanted good music

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Stoat posted:

I saw them years ago, 2005 or 2006 or so, and from where I was standing I watched as the guitarist filled his ale horn with bottled water at the back of the stage, then come to the front, lift it to the crowd and down the "beer" inside.

Death to false Vikings.

You ever try playing guitar shitfaced?

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I just got an email saying Motorhead will be playing in San Fran on April 18. I feel as if it is my life's purpose to see this show.

It should be, especially because at this point every tour might be Lemmy's last. :(

edit: don't be too sure of that show. They just posted a message today cancelling a european tour that was starting next month. Lemmy ain't doing well, still.

Morbid Florist fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jan 24, 2014

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

comes along bort posted:

Probably getting near the end of their existence as a touring band. Diabetes is no joke when you're pushing 70.

They'll probably cut back to doing a few festival shows a year and the occasional mini tour, assuming Lemmy gets back to 100%.

The man loves being on the road enough that I think once they stop touring, that's about it for him.

If there's any justice in this world he'll die on stage, and if there's a god other than him the paramedics will be prostitutes

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Optimum Gulps posted:

Not with Enslaved they don't.

No but enslaved tours here all the time too. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I've seen enslaved with amon amarth before.

IRQ posted:

You look like ridiculous pussies to DC. No need to get into Scandinavia.

Seriously. Shows in Boston still happen when the city declares a state of emergency for blizzard conditions.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

gently caress alcest with a jackhammer. I'm just glad they finally dropped the black metal pretences, not like they did a lot of heavy lifting of it anyway.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

Or someone really fat - when 2 10% beers do poo poo for you, the alcohol isn't taking effect.

and apparently leads to talking poo poo about Guinness

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Misogynist posted:

By the way, is there some historical significance to "bang your head against the stage"?

"be in the front row and show us you're alive while we're up here"

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Misogynist posted:

Angel Dust is basically the best record of the nineties

Come now. If Alice in Chains had a bad album it's still better than anything Mike Patton Exfaithnomore has done

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Oldstench posted:

My copy of TTNBLD's Death just came in. God loving drat - AOTY so far.

We're abbreviating single word band names now? :(

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Since all rules are off these days their name is now pronounced Throat Wobbler Mangrove only it's spelled ggggggggggg

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Sexcuse me, RIP dave

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Stoat posted:

Literally no reason to live on this poo poo earth anymore

Save this for the day Lemmy dies

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Henchman of Santa posted:

All this Opeth talk raises a question: are there any bands who got noticeably heavier or more aggressive over the course of their careers? I guess Opeth's most purely death metal album came six albums in, but then they went in the opposite direction. Otherwise the only example I can think of is, uh...Dream Theater.

Motorhead

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

"we are motorhead and we play rock and roll"

happy loving new years

the world is irreparably less cool today

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Vintersorg posted:

I can barely keep up so I just pick Grave or Dismember or Entombed on Google Play and say... Start Radio.

this is good life advice

bolt thrower

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

toxic holocaust loving rules.

unlike obituary's loving new video here. it's so lame I have to question if I like the song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEznVpX4MBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

"wrong one to gently caress with" is obviously a warning against the knife violences by adhering to all general safety practices applicable to a flimsy dull as gently caress piece of poo poo knife

this is merch not to be trifled with and it says so right there