Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I watched rogue one on an 8” screen on the back of an airplane seat with giant hardcoded Chinese subtitles and it was pretty enjoyable, but I can’t say if that’s because my surroundings were otherwise horrific and it was a distraction or because the film was good enough to overcome the lovely presentation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Rarity posted:

No this is the worst Star Wars film

It’s the worst Yoda I’ve ever seen

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

A britwres nobody. Think I’ve seen him on one card ever in the south west.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nah she’s a loving chud and supports French far right nationalists.

She should have stayed gone.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah but usually “is related to one of Vince’s favourite living action figures” is enough to override everything else.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ROH pyjamas are probably harder to find though

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wezlar posted:

I think more what I meant is that no company run by a billionaire would risk ruining all the good will theyve built up over the last couple of years over 160 dollars.

I certainly wouldn't put it past anyone in this carny buisiness to exploit and underpay people (ie getting Ben Carter to work for free)

It’s not exploitation if they can’t legally pay him.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Because basketball fans called him a big fatty fat fat on Twitter when he showed up as the first thing they saw when Dynamite started after the NBA last week.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It could be WWE actually getting the gently caress out of the way for once and waiting for AEW to throw the first pitch and honour him properly on the national stage in a hamfisted attempt at diplomacy.

It’s probably just WWE being half assed and lovely though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Eat My Fuc posted:

Brodie has multiple children and it’s weird I only see people mentioning his eldest son, I don’t know why it’s weird but I do find it such from a “why do people process like this” kind of way

His youngest kid is way too young to process it in the same way, unfortunately or perhaps fortunately in some ways outside of the horrible fact they’re going to grow up never really knowing their dad. An 8 year old is going to have a much harder time adjusting than a toddler.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I bet DDP could get him into ridiculous shape.

Go to the accountability crib, fat Jericho.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

That’s why he goes to the house, so DDP can slap the bottles out of his hands like he did with Jake and Hall.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s an exciting new spin on that thing where sometimes NXT is developmental and other times it’s the Third Brand depending on how the rating went for them.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve completely unplugged from WWE in the time since Dynamite started so I only know the things that get posted here in the general threads and any recaps that come up on various podcasts.

This obviously means it’s already being viewed through a certain lens before I ever get to hear about it, but even giving it the benefit of the doubt for that it just sounds like everything they’re doing is stupid as gently caress so it tracks that the only fans they have left are equally as dumb. It’s like how those scam emails are all deliberately misspelled and terrible to filter out anyone not moronic enough to fall for it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

At the risk of sounding like a Reddit incel, it seems to always be because she has really poo poo taste in men.

She usually seems to be on the right side of whatever drama is going on unless it’s about whatever guy she’s involved with.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also, he didn't even post that until Thursday. Did people see it Thursday and retroactively unwatch the show from Wednesday to drive the ratings down?

You just fire up your DVR and rewind through the whole show before you delete it, duh.

Like rolling back the odometer in a car.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

How do we know this is Bruce? Seems odd he would create a new account instead of just reactivating.

I don’t know anything about Twitter, could it be because his old account was specifically referencing pwtorch?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

So what is Flip Gordon’s Parler username?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

If you don’t want in on this there’s something wrong with you.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It’s ok because Marko is going to get a bunch of poo poo in on them first to make them look like clowns, hopefully.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Phoenixplex has always looked backyard as gently caress and I was in no way surprised when someone ended up with a broken neck from it.

Like many terrible backyard moves it does look sick as hell though.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t Florida as a whole basically covid mad max land where anyone can do whatever they want anyway?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ARMBAR A COP posted:

I think the fact that they are going to be 40 and in varying stages of sobriety will be hilarious

They’re all pushing 50, their target audience are the ones now approaching 40.

Them and Darby.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I think I could go through a table with less hesitation than I could cut my own forehead open.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Has anyone said @MagaTJP yet

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

This led to

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

Why did he tag that random jessie person in the first place

She replied to one of his tweets so that’s normal I guess, it was the part where he apparently then went through her Twitter to find something to retweet at her that makes it sad.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Suleman posted:

https://twitter.com/GabeTuft/status/1357441555926310912

Gabbi Tuft (who used the ring name Tyler Reks in the WWE) came out as a trans woman. Good for her!

Are they still doing crazy anti-mask covid conspiracy videos?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The_Rob posted:

I mean you seem to be more into neo nazi punk music that I am. But yeah keep determining what a black man like Kieth Lee is allowed to listen to

It doesn’t matter what race you are if you’re into listening to some dickhead who makes music about how it’s not fair to get cancelled for being a piece of poo poo, because whatever genre that is it’s strictly music for total loving idiots and garbage people.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ospreay is British, Fred Perry here doesn’t have the Proud Boy stink on it.

It’s still mostly worn by dickheads though, as is most ‘brand name’ clothing.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Nah it's cool everyone, I guess white supremacists and loosely co-opting similar styles of dress and hand signs are okay. gently caress me, I guess!

It’s almost as if the American far right isn’t as relevant a cultural touch point for people outside of America!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Lazy like a Fox posted:

If you're not down with that, I've got 14 words for ya...

“The fact is, Booker, somebody like you doesn’t get to be a world champion.”

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

your friend wicka posted:

It's more of a square/rectangle situation here anyway. No one is going to assume you're a Proud Boy just because you're wearing Fred Perry, but if you're a Proud Boy you're probably wearing Fred Perry. I still think people are getting mad at the dumbest people on Twitter and assuming they're indicative of widespread beliefs when they're really not. Heck, Twitter thought Bird Box was good.

You seem to have missed how this discussion got started because nobody is talking about a bad take on Twitter.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I Before E posted:

I get that the Fred Perry shirt is more of a ubiquitous thing in the uk that's worn by racists and anti-racists alike, but there are absolutely connotations to a black Fred Perry with light accents in the US and that should have been something someone brought up at some point in the planning phase. Perhaps swap the colors or something, idk.

Yeah the Japanese wrestling company in Japan making merchandise for their British wrestler should 100% be considering American racists when it conducts business in Japan.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

What happens if a guy pays the $50 and turns up to the zoom calls or whatever it is they do

Not shitposting I’m genuinely curious how it’s policed

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wasn’t that the same guy who made the post lamenting that Kharma should just get over her miscarriage already and get back in the ring

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ICR posted:

I’m extremely confused by the signing. Insanely confused actually. Not my place to judge or anything but seriously, what the gently caress?

I am going to assume, just assume:

1) Money is the factor
2) VISA? Is UK only place she can work?

May have been her only option and well, the compromise is here.

I’m just amazed and personally can’t grasp how I could share a locker room, as a victim, with at least 5 other abusers that we know of.

I don’t know. I just really don’t know or get it.

I kind of feel like this, but at the same time, I feel like by taking it she’s showing said abusers that they aren’t going to run her and other people like her out of the industry now even though they seem to have gotten away with the poo poo they were accused of doing.

It’s a complicated situation and ultimately only she knows why she’s done it.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

PROGRESS was probably the closest thing we had to a PWG/GCW super-indie and they were the biggest fish in the pond.

There’s nothing remotely approaching say an ROH-level to get even a lovely youtube quality show on a nobody freeview channel.

The wider UK scene is going to be deep in the shitter outside of 2-3 promotions and it’s gonna depend on how tight WWE is holding the reigns over the NXT UK people when shows can start again.

Even if you discount that and look at it from a fresh blood perspective, a lot of trainee wrestlers have also lost almost an entire year of training to this, working out is one thing but they can’t get together and actually learn to wrestle under lockdown conditions. It’s going to be a slog to recover back to where it was with a relatively healthy circuit of “local” promotions all over the country if it even can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

That is Sakisama, who found Mei in the French woods

She's quite tall

“Quite Tall”

Adam_Cole_6ft.mp4