Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

I got mine in the mail from Amazon yesterday. 0-12, Versus 1-6. It also has a code for the digital copies of all of those books.

I have no idea if anything is wrong with the book itself, I just used the code and read the issues on my computer. One of the corners was slightly bumped in shipping.

I got my copy about a week ago and it seems fine... couldn't find any damage to it, but I haven't read it through yet.

Edit: a quick scan through the Amazon reviews shows someone complaining about a glued binding and someone complaining about not getting a digital redemption code with it. I didn't pay too much attention to the binding but I got my code and redeemed it.

Casyl fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

redbackground posted:

:frogsiren: ATTENTION: IT'S A BSS RAFFLE! WHAAAAT?! :frogsiren:

In celebration of a New Year, between now and Midnight, Eastern Standard Time, January 7th, 2013, anyone who posts at least one photo of their comic bookshelves will be entered into a random drawing to win a Custom Title gift certificate (a $5.00 value! :eyepop:). Now's your chance to change that crusty old avatar you've been holding on to for years at no cost to you! This contest is open to any Something Awful forum member except myself, and you must have some comic-related books in the photo. It doesn't matter if your books are stored in the finest Ikea-produced shelves available, or in a moldy cardboard box, just show off your stuff. You can post as many pictures as you want, but you will only be entered once. Good luck, one and all!
I'm still out of town for the holidays so the only picture I have is from 5 or 6 months ago. My shelves have been updated quite a bit since then, but here's the old one. Yes, I recognize it needs reorganizing as it looks pretty ugly right now, but I tried to put the Iron Man collections some sort of order.

Here's the Christmas haul, which'll get added in at some point with all the other stuff I've gotten in the last several months. Sorry this picture turned out so dark.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Mr Wind Up Bird posted:

Have they condensed the No Man's Land stuff down into fewer trades? Or is it the same number of books with a different spine?

I don't know how they used to be, but the newest release (which came out during various points of last year) is a 4 volume set.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Nice.

Anyone who preordered the Hawkeye Vol. 1 TPB from Amazon, did theirs ship today? Yesterday it was listed as coming out March 6th, but today I see it said March 19th (yet my preorder is still scheduled to arrive March 8th).

Mine has not shipped yet. My order still says expected delivery date March 26th too...

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Thanks, both of you. I just double-checked (I used my wife's Prime account), and even though it still hasn't shipped, it still says March 8th is the delivery estimate. Weird. I really got my hopes up yesterday, needless to say!
Got an email from Amazon this morning saying the new estimated delivery date is the 19th.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So I got the Iron Man Vol 1 Believe and Iron Man Season One hardcovers today and was surprised to notice that they don't have dust jackets. Is that a thing with all the Marvel Now hardcovers? I kind of like it. Also I love that they include a digital copy code. Why couldn't my Hawkeye tpb have one as well?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Hey Rhyno, my omnibuses (omnibii?) have arrived and are now safe and sound in my bookcases. Thanks!

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Hakkesshu posted:

They're really good and since they're technically not omnibii, they're much cheaper. I definitely recommend them.

I second this. A lot of good quality reading material for cheap.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
It's a bargain book, and bargain books from Amazon often have those overstock sharpie marks on them. Still, at that price I'm tempted to buy another one.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Faustoan Bargain posted:

Seconding this for emphasis. Was blown away by how well packed/wrapped/cushioned my books were, especially given I was getting free shipping. If Amazon was this careful, I'd probably never leave the house.

Thirding. Their packing is top notch. Blows Amazon out of the water.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Shipping from IST to Pennsylvania in my experience has been around 1 week, give or take a day.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

7744 posted:

My hardcover of Avengers came like that and I was pretty stoked on how much I liked it until I opened it and there was a stiff cardboard piece in the back of the book with the digital download code that annoyed me the entire time I was reading it.

Iron Man Believe and Season One hardcovers both don't have the hardcovers and I really like that, but I also really dislike the cardboard page with the digital code on it.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Just FYI, Amazon's 30% off a book coupon BOOKDEAL is valid on preorders, so if anyone was planning on getting an omnibus or anything else from Amazon this might be a good time to order. Note that the maximum possible discount is $10. Expires Dec. 1.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I really like those posters (especially the Iron Man one). Where'd you get 'em?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
My shelf.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
So I'm going to be moving in a few months. Anyone have any tips on safely packing and transporting lots of tpbs/hcs/omniboo?

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

At the moment I've got mine roughly grouped into publisher > character > arc / run, with the runs ordered by rough chronology. For example, my Batman section looks something like: Year One / DKR (and other misc 80s / 90s stuff), Gotham Central, Morrison's run, and then bits of Snyder's.
This is exactly how I have mine organized.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

Thanks for this! Just ordered the Gotham Central Omnibus for $45!

I did not know there was a Gotham Central omnibus. One more thing to add to the list of things I need in my life.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I posted a thread in SA Mart where I'm selling some still-sealed Marvel omnibuses and hardcovers, if anyone is interested.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3932689

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
Target is running a buy 1 get one 50% off sale on what appears to be all books until 1 pm Central today. https://www.target.com/pl/586582176 It looks like every book is available for this promo. Not worth it for preordering upcoming omnibus at full MSRP, but they do have a limited selection of recent stuff at prices comparable to Amazon (they may be a few dollars more than IST, if IST has it, but comes out below when you apply the promo). For example, they have Batman by Snyder and Batman by Morrison 1+2 omnis, Batman Rebirth Deluxe 1-3 by Tom King (but not 4-5), etc. Seems their DC selection is bigger than the Marvel selection, but I did get a few Marvel omnis I've been on the hunt for (Venomnibus Vol 2, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Iron Man Mask in the Iron Man). I was able to stack a 5% off purchase coupon and a $10 off $50 coupon with the discount as well.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Nyeehg posted:

On the subject of Marvel omnis going out of print quickly in Europe anyone else have difficulty grabbing a War of the Realms Omnibus? By the time I had enough money to grab 1 it was just gone.

I know omnis can sell out quickly but this seems faster than I'm used to.

A lot of omnis from the last half of last year sold out quickly, with a few going almost instantly, due to the insane demand caused by the pandemic. War of the Realms was one of them, Absolute Carnage another. Demand seems to have calmed some (or supply increased) for the new omnis that have come out over the last month or two, at least in the US, but War of the Realms seems to be one of the most wanted books of last year so I suspect it would sell out even with more supply.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
I'm very interested in the Bendis DD omnis but they are on my Christmas wishlist so if I don't get them as gifts, I'll follow up with you after the holiday to see if you still have them available.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

obi_ant posted:

Where is my Gwenpool?! I hope we get an Immortal Hulk omnibus soon.

On another note, I'm looking to prune my HC & omnibus collection significantly. Would the best place be eBay? I usually go to my local bookstore since it's pretty easy and I don't need to ship; but they're really hit and miss for what they purchase. I only get ~30% cash off cover.

I'd post in here, r/comicswap, or facebook groups if you're in any of those before going to ebay.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Happy Hippo posted:

Is the Excalibur omnibus volume 2 delayed?

Also, what is a good resource for quickly finding out when an omni or OSHC gets released?

edit; Amazon says its available to order but I can't find it anywhere in IST's hammerheaded bitch-made search function

IST hasn't gotten their Marvel shipment for this week yet, they sent out an email.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Happy Hippo posted:

I appreciate the responses though I'm still confused. OPB has Excalibur vol 2 as being available on 11/2/21 but it got pushed. I assume that its true release date was this past Tuesday but its one of those books that hasn't reached IST yet due to the delay discussed in that email from IST..?

Yep. Exactly what happened.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

obi_ant posted:

Is there going to be a Marauders or Excalibur omnibus? Or is the OSHC the best we're going to get?

The best information we have right now is that they have no current plans for Dawn/Reign of X omnis (David Gabriel said that in the chat of a NMC livestream several months ago). So, probably not, at least for a couple years.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

aperfectcirclefan posted:

Hi Goons

I got a question and not sure if this is the right thread. I don't really read comics but something compelled me back in 2015 to buy the Marvel Star Wars Volume 1 Omnibus, probably that it has that funny version of Jabba the Hutt in it. Fast forward to 2022 and it's still on my shelf sealed.

In a act of boredom I decided to look up it's worth and it's worth about $250. I'm wondering a few things:

1. I'm not in a rush to sell it, would it be beneficial for me to hold onto it or take advantage of the market while it's hot?

2. If I do hold onto it, what's a good way to protect it since it's a very heavy book

3. If I sell it, should I get it graded first?

4. If I sell it where should I, eBay?

I appreciate your help!

1. If it goes for about $250, that's towards the upper end of how much OOP omnis go for, so it's probably not going to get much more valuable. And if it ever gets reprinted, the value goes down to around what you pick up the new version for.
2. Just leave it on a shelf.
3. No such thing as getting an omnibus graded.
4. r/comicswap or there's a couple facebook groups for collecting and selling hardcovers/omnis.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Happy Hippo posted:

Is there any particular reason why I can't find the Brubaker Captain America Lives omni on IST? There's no email explanation

PRH claims release date is next week, 3/15.

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Happy Hippo posted:

Is there a resource for finding out what X-Men related omnis and OSHCs are solicited?

https://comicreleases.com

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012
IST is legitimate. They're the biggest player in online collected editions stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casyl
Feb 19, 2012

Urethane posted:

Does anyone know the best way to track when Marvel Omnibus reprints are happening? I really want a copy of Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol 2 but it seems to sell out within weeks of reprinting. It was last reprinted in 2020 so probably due for another one in the next year or two and I don't want to miss it.

comicreleases.com is the best aggregated source of release dates for most hardcovers and larger trades.