Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
The new LoEG book, The Roses of Berlin, is out now. Also, a hardcover collection of the three Century books is coming in July.

http://www.topshelfcomix.com/catalog/league-century-hardcover/885

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
The third and apparently final LoEG Nemo book comes out in March:

quote:

In a world where all the fictions ever written coalesce into a rich mosaic, it's 1975. Janni Dakkar, pirate queen of Lincoln Island and head of the fabled Nemo family, is eighty years old and beginning to display a tenuous grasp on reality. Pursuing shadows from her past - or her imagination - she embarks on what may be a final voyage down the vastness of the Amazon, a last attempt to put to rest the blood-drenched spectres of old. With allies and adversaries old and new, we accompany an aging predator on her obsessive trek into the cultural landscape of a strange new continent, from the ruined city of Yu-Atlanchi to the fabulous plateau of Maple White Land. As the dark threads in her narrative are drawn into an inescapable web, Captain Nemo leads her hearse-black Nautilus in a desperate raid on horrors believed dead for decades. Through the exotic spectacle of an imagined South America, Alan Moore and Kevin O'Neill steer their fifty-year-long Nemo trilogy to its remarkable conclusion, borne upon a River of Ghosts.

(Yu-Atlanchi is from the book The Face in the Abyss by Abraham Merritt; Maple White Land is from The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle.)

That might be Ilsa on the right.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
DC is doing an Absolute Batman Year One collection. No word on what sort of extras it'll have, but there has to be something, right...?

There's also an upcoming hardcover of the mini-series The Golden Age. Don't know if it'll be oversized or have extras or anything.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Fantagraphics is doing a complete Fletcher Hanks hardcover that contains material not included in the previous paperback collections:

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/1606999672

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
I found a few upcoming items of interest:

The Complete Bloom County: Two-volume paperback collection of the whole run of the strip

Uncle Scrooge: "The Lost Crown Of Genghis Khan": Along with the title story features the famous "Land Beneath the Ground" with the earthquake-making Terries and Fermies

Akira 35th Anniversary: Hardcover box set of the complete Akira printed in right-to-left for the first time in English

Martha Washington and Hard Boiled: New hardcover editions of out-of-print Frank Miller books

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

:eng99:

Why?

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 1, 2017

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
Here's some upcoming stuff:

Paper Girls Deluxe Edition Book 2. (It might be better to read it like this than as individual issues.)

Black Hammer Library Edition Volume 1. (I do wonder if all the spinoffs will be collected together.)

Promethea: 20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition Book One. (I guess we're never getting that omnibus with double-page spreads.)

sporklift posted:

So did Prophet ever finish up? Why hasn't a hardcover been released? Is it just the five trades? Sorry I have been out of the loop for a while but that was my favorite series.

It finished. Brandon Graham says he wants hardcover collections but now it's just the paperbacks.

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Oct 17, 2018

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Agent_grey posted:

So I decided to try and catch up on the Carl Barks library from Fantagraphics.
Does anyone know if the double book slip cases sets for it are actually the hardbacks or paper back copies in the hardcover slipcase? It’s the cheaper option but I’m paranoid about getting the paperbacks when I started with the HCs.

They are hardcover.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

obi_ant posted:

Swamp Thing 1 is supposed to be fixed during this re-print.
What was wrong with the first edition?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
For more Alan Moore there's The Killing Joke and Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, both of which are pretty short and self-contained. You might be interested in The Watchmen Companion, which collects role-playing games that were co-written by Moore. His run on Top Ten was fairly short too, though there are some spin-offs.

For Batman there's Arkham Asylum and Year One. And from the same team that did Year One is Daredevil: Born Again (both of them collect issues of ongoing series but are self-contained).

Larry Gonick has done a lot of science graphic novels like The Cartoon Guide to Physics and The Cartoon Guide to Biology.

Will Eisner did a lot of realistic graphic novels like Dropsie Avenue and A Life Force.

China Miéville's complete run on Dial H is in one book.

Amazing Forest and Sun Bakery are collected anthologies of science fiction and fantasy.

Manhunter by Goodwin and Simonson is a short collection, and Goodwin was also involved with The Golden Age, a mini-series about superheroes in the 1940s.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
A few upcoming releases:

Miracleman Omnibus: Alan Moore's complete run in one volume.

Shuna's Journey: Miyazaki's 1983 OGN gets an official English translation.

Tops: Charles Biro's 1949 attempt at a comic for adults, it ran only two oversized issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
More tales of non-uniform spines:

Action Jacktion fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 1, 2022