Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Because DC is bad at trades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I have never heard of them getting a second shipment of the same product in twice so that isn't shocking.

Not surprising since you can only get a second shipment once. ;)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I say this a lot but I have them and don't see the need to keep them at this point, would sell for reasonable price.

Define "reasonable"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Huh, I didn't realize it was published by Simon & Schuster. Weird.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I did and it was worth it

It is the ultimate cosmic experience after all. And that is definitely worth $40.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can you post which ones you have? In any case, from the listing, Mighty Thor vol. 3 is 160 pages and includes Mighty Thor #13-19, so basically a TPB-length hardcover. Thor vol. 3 includes Mighty Thor 13-23, 700-706, and some other stuff. It's a big 528-page hardcover. I'm *betting* the smaller one is the one you're looking for.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

What is it? It doesn't look like the Marvel Legends one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This does not bring me joy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

TheManWithNoName posted:

Why is the hardcover BPRD vol 3 so hard to find now? Really don’t want to pay a ton.

As a general rule, the further into a series you get, the fewer copies of reprints will be printed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

sporklift posted:

$100 is standard retail price for an omnibus? Jim Starlin is a pretty important creator as well. But, yeah, Dreadstar never was my jam.

Are they hardcovers? Quick glance so I couldnt tell.

Did you even bother to read what it is? Literally the third sentence in the description says they're hardcovers.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhyno posted:

My buddy took me on a run through Dallas area comic shops, found four New Krypton era books I needed all below cover price. And scored a copy of the Super Sons Omnibus for retail. A good day all in all. Dallas shops are HUGE.

Yeah, everything's bigger in Texas, it's like their state motto

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Volume 3 was the hard to get one for some reason, I'm pretty sure. I managed to snag a copy for retail price by driving to a store an hour away.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Diamond isn't getting any product to distribute.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

obi_ant posted:

I thought a lot of the books were published but Diamond just wasn't shipping them out, but the books aren't even printed at this point?

As of March 23, they told their suppliers to stop shipping them new comics and that they wouldn't be paying for what they had. They have nothing newer than a month ago. They may be printed, but Diamond doesn't have them.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Until his story's done, there's probably no real way to tell how it'll be collected. Given that it goes into a multi-title crossover by multiple writers, I *kind* of doubt there will be omnibu just for Hickman's stuff. I'm fairly certain Hickman is overseeing things to some extent, but you definitely do not need to read everything, and there's no particular read order after like the first month or two when a big event happens in one title that runs into the others.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Mine are currently in "I had to unbox these so who cares about organization but also the shelves are various sizes so I have to put larger things on specific shelves" and I don't really see that changing any time soon.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Any of the EC particularly worth getting? (I realize the answer is probably "they're all good")

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Guess it's time to sell my copy.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

^burtle posted:

After hiring a moving company and still having to carry most of it, I’d probably take offers on any of it, haha.

You and me both!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nyeehg posted:

My largest books are omnis so that should be fine.

Looking on their website they have multiple KALLAX bookshelves, the only difference semms to be their price and sizes. Am I right in thinking that's the only difference and they are all good options for storage? Never used ikeas website before so sorry for the newbie question

You're correct in this. They should have the same size shelves.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Kallax come with a wall attachment thing, as well. They're also a lot deeper, though, and harder to knock over.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have them drop-shipped to CGC and slabbed.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

90s Cringe Rock posted:

6 & 7 both being black is also annoying.

Lol yeah I was gonna say that one.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

If Uncanny Vol. 5 has Ben looking disappointed on the side, I'll consider it a win

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Even X of Swords is pretty much a side story. You *definitely* do not have to read the whole thing, and basically if you just pick up the X of Swords special issues, plus whatever you want in the middle, you'll get the important beats of the story. It's like six issues of story in a 22 issue crossover. (I think this is *intentional* but just beware.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm interested in both DD sets. IDK what those are worth, and I'd have to wait until after the new year at this point anyway.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Zdarsky Howard the gently caress omni is hypothetically out next week, which is nice, since it was supposed to be months ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The first time in history someone wanted to type "duck" so auto-correct got confused.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It's appropriate for any Howard run, really.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

JordanKai posted:

I didn't catch this news until now, but Marvel announced the release of an omnibus of the 1990's X-Men Animated Series comic adaptation.

All I can say is this:

I've got an original page from that series somewhere.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

WTF they didn't give vol. 3 a different spine for no reason?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

LennyBriscoCountyJr posted:

Their shipping time may have improved (4 of my orders I've made since the week after last Thanksgiving were in hand 7-8 days after ordering) but their inventory tracking on the site sucks.

My 5th order resulted in an email saying one of my books was out of stock and asking if I wanted to sub another title or get a refund. I went with a sub and then got another email saying my sub pick was out of stock. 2nd time, I opted for the refund. And both titles are still showing up as being able to be added to the cart.

Guess they should change their name to OUTOFSTOCKTRADES am I right!!?!?!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BBTS is having a clearance sale on some Marvel stuff, including some trades and hardcovers. Notably Annihilation omnibus is $62:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Sear...ng&utm_content=

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Happy Hippo posted:

What's the rights situation with GI Joe? What are the odds that we get the Marvel poo poo collected in omnibuses?

Skybound (Robert Kirkman's company) has the license and is currently publishing a continuation of the Marvel series, so probably non-zero?