Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
Someone go buy the New Teen Titans omnibus that came out today and tell me how awesome it is so I can feel bad about buying all these stupid Archive Editions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Did Image push the King City trade back? I thought it was supposed to come out at the end of the month but Amazon has it coming out in March and if I have to wait another month for this stupid thing I'm going to flip my wig!!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
My comic book guy got a few of those and I looked at them (well, looked at the cover I wasn't going to make him take the plastic off) and they are so nice. While they certainly wouldn't be worth 150 dollars to me, personally, I could see them easily being worth that to an artist or collector.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Does anyone have a scoop on any cool non-Marvel or DC trades coming out? I'm looking forward to IDW's Outland collection in April and the Richard Corben Creepy collection Dark Horse is putting out in July.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Cool things I found out today:

There's going to be a collection of the entire run of The Invisibles.

The second Empowered deluxe hardcover comes out in April.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I can't wait to discover that they put some pages in upside down or something and have to pulp the whole batch and delay it again for another six months.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I saw the X-Statix omnibus today at my shop. It's pretty ridiculous.

I guess if you really wanted to read the whole story for whatever reason and had 125 dollars burning a hole in your pocket it would be a good buy.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
How could you forget Ultimate Marvel Team Up and Ultimate Adventures???

I guess those are probably paperback only though.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
The nice thing about the new Blacksad is that it's the same size as the other hardcover and the spine matches so it looks super nice on the shelf.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
You all obviously haven't discovered the best storage medium for comic books: stacks in giant piles all over the place. What is the floor if not a shelf for your whole house?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Padje posted:

I always feel like I'm being punished for buying monthly singles.
DC balances that feeling by waiting months and months after an arc is finished to release things or just not putting it out in trade at all!

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I forgot that the second Empowered deluxe edition came out today so now I have it. It's just as nice as the first one is and volumes 4, 5, and 6 are probably the best three in the series so far so having them all in one spot is nice.

I thought there would be more extra stuff, sketches or whatever, but there's not really. It's mostly old promo stuff he did for the Dark Horse website. There's some annotations in the back which is fun but I was hoping for more.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Uthor posted:

What's the paper like in those? I was a little shocked when volume seven went glossy, though it really makes the blacks pop.
Both volumes use a nice high quality glossy paper.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Every time I read my plastic man trades I ask myself what the hell happened to Kyle Baker. It's tragic.

And speaking of which: the first plastic man trade is without a doubt the smelliest book I've ever owned. It's like a chemical fire on your bookshelf.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

redbackground posted:

Evil Dead "Book of the Dead" DVD smelly?
Exactly. I opened mine in the car ride home after a con and we had to have all the windows down all the way home because the smell was making people nauseous.

It fades with time but when you took the shrink wrap off my god it's a powerful stink.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I'm pretty sure the worst thing on earth is when you reorganize your trades and discover you're missing a middle volume of something. Or in my case missing five volumes.

I wonder where my Ex Machina trades have all gone. :sigh:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Is the I Kill Giants hardcover edition worth the extra money? Is it oversized or is it just extra stuff in the back? I've been meaning to pick it up and amazon has both but I'm not sure if I want to drop the extra 20 bucks.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

redbackground posted:

:frogsiren: ATTENTION: IT'S A BSS RAFFLE! WHAAAAT?! :frogsiren:
Guess I'll get in on this too

Not pictured: a big pile of poo poo next to my desk.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
What was the final verdict on the Invisibles omni? Is it sturdy and readable or does all the art get lost in the gutters and it feels like all the pages are going to fall out?

Mr Wind Up Bird fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 6, 2013

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Holy poo poo DC is actually publishing something good for once?

SOLO DELUXE EDITION HC
Written by DARWYN COOKE, JEPH LOEB, BRIAN AZZARELLO, RICHARD CORBEN, TIM SALE, JOHN ARCUDI, HOWARD CHAYKIN, MICHAEL ALLRED, NEIL GAIMAN, STEVEN T. SEAGLE, SERGIO ARAGONES, MARK EVANIER, BRENDAN McCARTHY and others
Art by TIM SALE, RICHARD CORBEN, PAUL POPE, HOWARD CHAYKIN, DARWYN COOKE, JORDI BERNET, MICHAEL ALLRED, TEDDY KRISTIANSEN, SCOTT HAMPTON, DAMION SCOTT, SERGIO ARAGONES and BRENDAN McCARTHY
Cover by TIM SALE
On sale JUNE 5 • 568 pg, FC, 7.0625" x 10.875", $49.99 US
• At last, the acclaimed 12-issue series SOLO is collected, featuring the work of some of comics' greatest creators, including Darwyn Cooke, Tim Sale, Paul Pope and so many others. With stories starring Batman, Robin, Superman, The Spectre, The Teen Titans and more, as well as westerns, war stories, science fiction epics, humor and horror, this is a collection you won't want to miss!
• Collects SOLO #1-12.

FINALLY. Jesus loving christ.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
So who is getting the 16 pound, 200 dollar Wolverine collection?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
It was nice of DC to put the two Before Watchmen stories I actually want (Minutemen and Silk Specter) in one big trade. It's also nice of them to finally release the second volume of Harley Quinn after a...two year break? Maybe more?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Have they condensed the No Man's Land stuff down into fewer trades? Or is it the same number of books with a different spine?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I got the X-Statix omnibus today because I'm kind of a dummy and my comic guy gave me a pretty good deal. It's pretty nice I suppose but it already feels kinda shaky when I open it up to the middle.

But why do the Dead Girl issues in the back look so loving bad? I could scan my copies with my scanner/printer I got at walmart and they wouldn't be so blurry and gross. It looks like they just blew up tiny jpgs of the pages to get them to omnibus size.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Hey DC: what the gently caress is this stupid poo poo?

Just speaking for myself, I don't want more stupid garbage to put on a shelf and dust. I want more comics, in better quality trades, faster.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I actually like X-Statix more than Morrison's New X-Men in a lot of ways :shobon:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
I actually just saved like 50 bucks getting the Rucka Wonder Woman trades from IST instead of random sellers on amazon.

They didn't have one of them though so I have to eat the amazon cost on that one. Sucks.

And they didn't have any of the Joe Kelly Supergirl trades. And amazon doesn't either. :(

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Rhyno posted:

Didn't he only plot the book or something?
No no he took over at the very end of the Kandor arc and then wrote from #7-#18. It's an underrated run even though it's got just dreadful Ian Churchill art.

I guess they're all on Comixology so if I really want to read them I can do it that way.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
Noooooo now that everyone can read it the stuff I post on tumblr will be less unique :saddowns:

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Rhyno posted:

I added about 100 books to my Amazon store, will be adding even more in about a week!

http://www.amazon.com/shops/CharlieComics
Do you think your hilarious 350 dollar episode one lightsaber replica will ever find a home? I hope so.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward

Hooray happy birthday to me. The best part is that amazon managed to not destroy it in transit!

Mr Wind Up Bird fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 11, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
How many Stray Bullets giant hardcovers are there? Three? I've got the first one and suddenly today I was struck with the idea that soon Stray Bullets will be impossible to read and there will never be any more.