Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
I figured with a new thread this is a good time to ask this. How do you orginize your shelf? I used to do publisher/character name alphabetical. Then for a while I went author's last name alphabetical. Then I wanted to see all my Ult. FFs next to each other so now I do publisher/ book title alphabetical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!

paulnewmanseyes posted:

It's neither a photo of shelves, nor hardcover or even TPB news, but I need to vent and you guys are the only ones who'll understand:
The spine on the new Dark Horse Presents is upside down.
This is the worst thing that has ever happened

How does that kind of stuff even happen? The Brubaker DCU presents Batmans, the first one never even had anything on the spine, so sometimes I forget what it is on my shelf. Same thing with the first Vertigo Resurrected.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Hard Time Vol. 2 is actually going to come out according to the December solicts which is crazy because I never thought that would happen. I can't wait to read what happens next.

Edit: Global Frequency sounds like it's crazy, too. January seems like an okay month for crazy trades and stuff.

Bitchin Kitchen fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 18, 2012

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!

RandallODim posted:

My local branch of Newbury Comics is having a massive comics TPB/Hardcover sale. Ended up getting the second Power Man and Iron Fist Essential volume for $10, and Vol. 3 of the Nick Fury, Agent of SHIELD Masterwork for $20. They also have all the trades of BKV's Runaways for $8 each, which I might go back for later. Anything else I should look out for? It's predominantly Marvel trades and hardcovers, and I think all the Masterworks are $20 instead of $60.

I have been hitting that sale every week for the last month. Best score was either the Siege OSHC (15ish) and Age of X OSHC which was right where I stopped Carey's X-Men run. 9 bucks or something crazy.

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!

redbackground posted:

Hot-Cha! I today learned that Joe Casey's Uncanny X-Men run is coming out in one big trade this month. I was literally just about to buy the back issues, too.

Dang that seems expensive but that was my first X-Men run and I love it and I think I'm going to have to get that. Is that Annual the side ways one I hope its still side ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bitchin Kitchen
Jun 2, 2006
Capital!
Only ya'll can answer my question, ya'll are my only hope:

Can I comfortably read the Remender Punisher Omni on a plane? It's at a shop near me for 40 dollars and I'm flying coast to coast in a week with nothing to read but some Star Wars books.

I have a fairly meaty lap if that matters.