Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Seth is just really mysterious. I always wonder where he works, because most of the time he portrays himself as this super-panicked wreck...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Uhh Yeah Dude is like that old riddle of two gatekeepers. Johnathan tells only truths, but Seth tells only lies

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Sucks that the site is down... I wanted to share my UYD story anyway.

I heard about uhh yeah dude for a while, and in fact I searched for it on itunes, but under "uh yeah dude" and I didn't find it. (UH HAS ONLY ONE H, gently caress Y'ALL)

After I saw the youtube vids, I knew I was hooked. I never had the chance to form my own view of what Seth and Jonathan were in my mind because I saw them before I heard them. Still, they're the best podcast around. For the same reasons Jah hates most other podcasts, I love UYD.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

This is Uhh Yeah Dude, episode number 300. I'm Gerard Butler, and this is Gerard Butler.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I think I say every loving thing you guys have mentioned (but I always said wicked, because i'm from boston) and the people around me just think i'm insane.

How's your UYD lingo problem? Fuckin fruiiiiiitttt

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

JamMaster Flash posted:

Finally made it through the entire back catalog, best comedy podcast out there. UYD, you done done it again.

I'm down to the 20-50s and it's weird how I'm so far back the general feeling of the podcast begins to change. They talk about having no listeners... and, since it's 2006, the things they say are just a bit different. I wish they could film some special where it's just Jonathon and Seth listening to an episode around 25 and talking about how much has changed.

Stringer_Bell posted:

I now begin the first lesson of each of my classes with the reverse chair sit.

My wife started listening to the show while she was on vacation, now she thinks I am a lot less interesting, since every fun story I tell her was actually stolen from UYD.

I seriously stopped trying to get my friends to listen to UYD because of this sort of thing.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

Via this awesome Tumblr. If you check the Flickr account there are more pics of Seth hitting up some Seattle spots (like the original Starbucks) as well.

Oh my god they're posting THIS POST. We have entered the singularity. Somebody tell them 'poo poo' is just a filter.

I don't remember the ep, but I remember this joke vividly because it's one of the only times they say something as a joke but very specifically take it back. They'll claim all sorts of things, but only with this one do they say DON'T ACTUALLY DO THIS.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

RustyTrombone posted:

It's a thursday exception I always give myself one.

Can I get extra cheese? I'm Vegan.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I think it's more about calling out people who harbor self delusions than actually making fun of gays.

Also the loving insane things some of the Craigslist postings say.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

The Quake posted:

I liked Jah's use of vocabulary in the Seattle show, perchance and alchemy!

Speaking of which, listening to the backlog, around episode 18 through 20 he keeps saying "whilst" and every time he does Seth freaks out.

"I think you mean While. w-h-i-l-e." "For those of you at home who don't understand what Jonathan just said..."

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

My favorite UYD 'segment' they haven't done in a while is the things we're doing this week. They were so great because they started off really lofty and idealistic, but slowly degraded into nothing at all.

This week, add a salad into your diet

This week, keep your head up

This week, just try to get some sleep

THIS WEEK JUST loving TRY TO EEK IT OUT. JUST TRY TO EXIST.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I think the problem is that the poison gas they were breathing somehow induced Seth to say "The thing is, you think dogs count as children" before the argument and Jah was about to murder him.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Cervixalot posted:

I can't get over how hilariously bad/awesome the This Week in Florida intro jingle is in earlier episodes.

So, in florida this week - What happened in florida this week?

Thiiisss weeeek in flooo-ooo riii duhhhhh

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Watching you, watching me, watching me, watching TV - UYD!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Red_Museum posted:

This has proably been covered before but did Seth and Jonathan know each other before Seth acted with his dad in that tv movie?

They met when Seth was working at a video rental store, as I understand. In the late 90s?

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

UYD: A hatred of sound

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

2012 is... me moonwalking on a table in a Mexican restaurant.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

poo poo yes Boston show.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

SammyWhereAreYou posted:

Ugh the line was so long that I just creepily stared at Seth from afar for like an hour rather than talk to him.

Yeah me and my friend waited in that crowd for like thirty minutes and it never moved so I gave up. I regretted it heavily on the green line, fearing I'd never see Seth's hair in person again.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

The crowd tosses him a hat, and he says "Let me just Springsteen this" and mock tucks it into the back of his waistband.

Haven't listened to the ep yet, but being there, it seemed like there was a lot more crowd interaction / jokes you needed the visual component for than at other live shows. Maybe I'm wrong.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

The craziest thing is they he brought up the black people not getting Downs thing again, and I remember vividly the two episodes he first claimed 1 in 10 have it, then clarifying that black people are as likely as any race to have downs syndrome. And yet he brought it up and completely forgot the lesson he had learned.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Binowru posted:

Yo dog, you dead, dog.

I ain't even playin.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

It's good to hear that, the show has been seriously amazing for the last... poo poo, since 300 really. It's easy to think maybe they were just great because they became resigned to the show ending. UYD for life.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

In Florida, everything is a botched something else.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

ZackHoagie posted:

I loving lost it at teenser country and and "gentle kissing". In fact, the entire SexBot conversation has to be one the series's highpoints.

Your poo poo is loving teence weence.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Macintosh posted:

Dunno if this has been posted but they also called Anderson Cooper too.

I like how Seth calls Zachary Quinto not based off an insane Seth sense, but because he'd seen him around town being a gay waiter before he was a big actor.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Seth gets a really great angry Masshole vibe going in that rant. Not quite the same as the wise-but-crazy UYD style rage. Reminds me of people's Boston accent flaring up when they get angry. So yeah, Seth is a great actor channeling all sorts of thing there.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

im a girl btw posted:

To Catch a Predator should come back with Seth taking the place of Chris Hansen.

"What's up? WHAT'S UP?"

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I bust out laughing during the most recent episode's Horse Weed Mind's Eye when Seth responded to Jah's guess with, "And that's how I do it." That rare glimpse into his process, since we know where he gets all the strain names from now.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Millvale parents charged with driving with girl, 10, in dog cage in bed of pickup

NO way I'd confront that.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

a starwar betamax posted:

Yike-ohs that was a lovely email interview. Oh well whatchyagonnado.

Some of the answers are great just because the questions asked are so off-base for the ol' Banter Buddies.

SR: Industry connections? For real? Who? Please tell me who these people are. I’m dying over here. I

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Zeeco posted:

Who's that crazy lady with Jonathan? She's got a great bum.

A great... bum

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

I'm sitting here watching a terrible movie, Life or Something Like It and the male love interest for Angelina Jolie (snake woman) in this movie looks exactly like Seth. I'm losing my poo poo over here

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Is 424 not out yet? God this is as bad as being raped

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

You guys were not kidding, Seth sounds completely distraught in 444. Loving NIghtcrawler and hating Birdman was already pretty mental but the Cowboys have killed him.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

UYD finally tries to get on that paper chase with a Patron page: https://www.patreon.com/UHHYEAHDUDE?ty=h

Milestone goals seem a bit high, but maybe I underestimate how much they'll get. Also, none of the goals are "Jonathan will produce more poetry" and that's a real miss.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

CortezFantastic posted:

Jonathan works 3 days a week in LA, has a still-at-work big time TV star dad and has a gold tooth. It'll be cool man

I thought the part with Jonathan mentioning how much they work was funny. Seth works five days a week and it's gotta be a lot of work rounding up the volume of crazy poo poo they talk about on the podcast, while Jonathan is somehow an adult man living in LA who works three days a week. I guess the residuals he gets for sound work are pretty good.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

a starwar betamax posted:

yeah well my 1 dollar pledge took them from 1,998 to 1,999

My pledge took them from 3 to 6!

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Psyched for UYD tonight. Hope to meet the boys before we all get kicked out for some lovely DJ after the show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Scientists found a casual link between...