Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Thank you whoever mentioned the Doritos and Cocaine-drink episodes (79 and 77), these are loving hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Just listened to the whole three-hour Craiglist compilation.

What is wrong with people (and what's wrong with me for listening to that whole thing)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

I know they've done baby names multiple times. Episode 270 sounds like it could possibly be the one your looking for. (Walter is one of the names)

Woah, they namedrop bath salts a year before all this face-eating nonsense of today.

Is there a feed or something that will download a random episode for you to listen to? Listening to them all from #1 sounds so daunting but I want to just pick one out every now and then to listen to, and it's not like there's any sort of continuity to worry about. I guess I could just come up with some random number generator :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
For anyone who wants a laugh and to hear from Johnathan's dad, John calls him in episode 130 to recount a tale of Johnathan getting high and snuggling with his parents, saying he never wanted to leave home :3: I'm glad his dad is down with all the weird poo poo Johnathan is capable of.

E: "Well I guess after that you just went downstairs and masturbated" :laffo:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
gently caress, I gave the latest episode another listen tonight and I totally forgot to watch Time Machine Chefs last Thursday :( Did anyone see it?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I didn't realize they had pre-recorded episodes stocked up, but I'm OK with that since the show is pretty independent of time anyway.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Jeff Wiiver posted:

This may be wrong, but I believe it was revealed that he was sick of people getting his order wrong so whenever he went to that place, he just handed them the piece of paper with his order on it and didn't say anything.

I can back this up. In fact I think he brought it up in a very recent episode (i.e. sometime in the past month)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Did he do the gay-math (or gay-rithmetic)?

E: "Would you rather have a boy-oval office or an rear end-pussy?" :laffo: Someone make me stop listening to the Craigslist collection.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 31, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Where does the "Skype it to my inbox" part of the title come from? Seth's lack of tech-knowledge?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Dr.Radical posted:

Yeah and Marc kept calling it "Um Yeah Dude". Still pretty cool, though. The whole thing about how his girlfriend is super into it and Marc kind of sees it the way a parent would is pretty funny. "She's really into this thing called Um Yeah Dude, it's these two guys, I dunno! Kids!"

Edit: And man I would love it if more people listened to this. I live in Indianapolis and none of my friends listen to it so I don't have any one to talk about it with outside of this forum. I recommend it to people plenty but often times the only way you can get someone to listen to something is when they're trapped in your car and they have to listen to it.

Come down to Bloomington and we can talk about it. No gay poo poo.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a starwar betamax posted:

Where does Oof Yeah Dude rank, listenership-wise, as compared to the big podcast you're always hearing about like the Nerdiest or that Tom Podkast guy?

I don't know but I've definitely told people I know about the podcast. I'm not sure how many of them actually started listening to it though.

Dr.Radical posted:

A little Indy/Bloomington goon meet up would be pretty cool. Non-related to podcasts but I was also thinking of proposing an Indy meetup to watch Pacers games when the season starts.

I'm too busy these days to spontaneously drive to Indy but if you post something in Goon Meets/LAN then I can try to work it into my schedule.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
-Vegan? That's never been 100% clear to me but I'm leaning towards yes right now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I believe the term is "boy-cunts" :eng101:

mcvey posted:

I'd kill for a well done "Best of UYD" episode. You could fill up dozens of hours with 'best of' and they'd all be 100% gold.

The Craigshouse MP3 linked in the OP is probably the closest we'll get to a comprehensive Best Of file, and that's only one segment through...the 150s? UYD has such a huge (and rich) backlog that I think it would be almost impossible to put together a general Best Of, you'd probably have to do it by section like Name Games, This Week In Florida, John's weird-rear end stories about drugs etc. Do what I do and keep a list of your favorite episodes so you know what to go back to when you want a re-run.

E: Youtube has a lot of good UYD clips, maybe putting together a playlist of those?

VV I love that moment too and it's much better on film for Seth's expressions.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Sep 12, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I just realized we need to pay the guy(s) at This Year Collection to do highlight reels for UYD.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

a pipe smoking dog posted:

It's blocked in the UK, what it is it?

Clips from a made-for-TV movie where John plays a detective (lawyer?) and Seth plays a neurotic guy who buys a shirt off of eBay. So himself, basically :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
So many good throwaway jokes in this latest episode.
""Days go by and still I think of yoooouuuu... Who sang that?' 'Rihanna.'"
"You hosed Cary Grant!"
"'This is a crazy film festival you've got going here.' 'Yeah we all dropped acid and there's DMT in the bathroom.'"

Also, am I the only one who's digging all the really old blues that Johnathan's been using for intros/outros lately? It owns.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Dunno how many of you heard about the UT students who gave themselves alcohol enemas, but I'm pretty sure Johnathan talked about "colon-rollin'" in an episode a few years back (in the 120s maybe?). Once again UYD predicting the future :stare:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

"I take liquid 2-CB, and I dab it on the head of my prick" :laffo: That line gets so much better with Seth's body language.

Also I tried to find a Youtube clip of the first Craigslist encounter (ep. 74) and couldn't, did I just miss it? :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Five minutes into the new episode (342) and I can already tell it's a winner. Sick album art too.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Binowru posted:

Just got home from seeing the show at Los Angeles Podfest. Jonathan was especially on point, the funniest I've heard him be in a long time. And after the show when he was signing autographs and whatnot, he confirmed that he is NOT moving to New York and in fact sounded as enthusiastic about the show as he's ever been.

e: snapped a pic

Glad to hear Johnathan's not going anywhere. Also it's really weird to see them seated at a table like it's a press interview, instead of see Johnathan in a La-Z Boy and Seth standing near an empty La-Z Boy.

I really hope they do a show in the Midwest sometime but who knows :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Holy crap is the audio out of whack on the new episode.

E: They brought back Horse-Weed-Mind's Eye! :hellyeah: But no Craigslist :smith:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 17, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Long shot, but does anyone happen to know the episode where this clip is from?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

nub posted:

The Scientologist museum is a classic story, but there's also a story Seth tells of going to see a drug museum, alongside a field trip of middle schoolers or something.

Is that the one where he and a buddy go to some museum in Atlanta, and all the middle schoolers there think they're a gay couple and mock them the entire time? It's a funny story but I cannot for the life of me remember which episode it's from.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
No new episode this week? :ohdear:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

I like the 2D style more.

E: I like that clip though. "This is my son Edward. He's distinguished." :lol:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 29, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
If you're not following the Uhh Yeah Dude FB page, check it out today-
https://www.facebook.com/AmericasPodcast

UYD: Uhh Yeah Dead.

E:

:ghost:

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Nov 1, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Another Person posted:

Right then, since I just found this amazing thing, can somebody tell me when it really gets into its stride, so I can start there for now? I've listened to ep 1 and 2, they were pretty great, but there are more than 300 of these things. I will get through them all, but for now I want to start around the lift and work my way to the rest.

People say listen to them all in order but that's such a daunting task even for me. That said the 70s and the 120s are two groups of episodes that always stand out in my mind. Really, you can't go wrong except for the one episode where they got carbon monoxide poisoning.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
The first clip I used to get a friend into the show was about Colon Rollin', and she said it was disgusting but now colon rollin' is an in-joke of ours.

And this was the second clip I tried on her (in hindsight I probably should have started here). The way they talk about the kid snorting oxy never fails to crack me up and the phrase "this partying's...not right" is a new catchphrase of mine.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Mr. Samuel Shitley posted:

Trying to contain my poo poo at work (where I'm not supposed to listen to poo poo despite it having literally 0 effect on my status) is difficult when I pass by the episode where Jah tells the story about him making GBS threads all over his feet in the shower...oh my gently caress the part where he supposes it happened because his butt is hosed out due to previous abuse, oh my gently caress :lol:

Juche Couture posted:

I think the first time I had to leave the room because I was laughing so hard was Jonathan's poem that ends "Sorry for giving you all this poo poo, but it just helps to write out what's up in the mind of a lunatic" and Seth's response of "gently caress you".

You can't just say stuff like that without mentioning which episode the clip is in.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I think it's been asked before in the thread, but I can't find it on the wiki so I'll ask: what episode had the story about the kid who dug up a grave, took the skull out and used it as a bong? I want to say it was an earlier episode.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

platypusmalone posted:

Is the new ep not showing up on itunes on iphone for anyone else? Or was there an ep last week?

There was but it went up super-late.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

SaxMaverick posted:

Like forums poster Lil Jon Galt has done, on my second listen of all the episodes, I've decided to put clips of my favorite segments up on youtube, namely because I'm tired of forgetting what episodes they were on, and its easier to get people into it with short clips.

I'm starting with episode 82's Second Life story that leads into Jah's Xbox live insult, which made me pull the car over on the interstate today from laughing so hard. Any specific requests? (it would help to have an ep number and time since Weck's Wiki is garbage)

I've been looking for the first Craigslist segment on Youtube for a while but haven't been able to find it. Help a brother out by making a clip? It's early on in episode 74 (or the first ~8 minutes of the Craigshouse .mp3 in the OP)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

SaxMaverick posted:

Is that the one where Seth first discovers it and freaks out, or the first "I found stuff, let me read about it"/"Let me wrap a thick smile around that cock"

I believe you'll find that the proper phrase is "Let me wrap a smile around that thick cock" :eng101:

SaxMaverick posted:

Also, is it cool if I put a picture of Matt Millen as the video image?
No because I'll just get mad when I look at it :(

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Half of Dracula posted:

I like how Seth calls Zachary Quinto not based off an insane Seth sense, but because he'd seen him around town being a gay waiter before he was a big actor.

Seth just traced a Craiglist posting back to him :v:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

*PUNCH* posted:

Anyone know the clip where they do craigshouse beat poetry? I'm sure it's on youtube somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

The "Cock in my ear- WOOOAAH! raccoons in the tress!" one? It comes up in one of the first Craigslist bits, I wanna say either episode 74 or 75. If you listen to the Craigslist compilation in the OP it'll come up in the first 30-45 minutes or so.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Hey UYD, are you cool?

I need a new episode to get me through work tonight and tomorrow, help me guys :ohdear:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Cervixalot posted:

I added a couple more songs to the playlist yesterday, and when I get some free time I'm going to run through the back catalogue and try and soundhound all of the unlabeled intro/outros from the first 200 or so episodes (currently none of them are listed in the episode descriptions). Hope to have it a lot more complete before the end of the year!

I've been listening to your playlist at work the past couple days and it's rad, thanks a ton for putting it together so far. If I had a better grasp of semi-obscure hip-hop and electronica I'd help you fill it out some more.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
:siren:Hey cervixalot:siren:, I found another song for your playlist: the intro song for this UYD animation is Helicon 2 (Max Tundra Remix) by Mogwai, which was the intro for episode 129 but I don't see on the Grooveshark playlist. It's in Grooveshark's database though, I just don't know how to add it.
E: A couple more in the description of this video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMY6ZyM5cMc

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Dec 4, 2012

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Insanity Prawn posted:

I just got around to listening to the three hour craigshouse compilation. It is insanely funny listening to all of them back to back.

I need a longer version of it (going beyond wherever it ends currently) like I need a man to milk this buttery load from deep inside my sack.

VV They did some Craigslist in the Boston show back in July that I don't think is in there, as well as some during their Seattle show.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Damo posted:

Some early slogans I've enjoyed:

UYD: Full pubes, no license.
UYD: Your only source in Los Angeles for country music.
UYD: Calling all moat builders.
UYD: Sexy as you wanna be (at any age)

And, probably my favorite right now just because of the background story to the slogan...

UYD: It’s what the white man calls wind

I love the fake slogans so much, and it's great seeing them still pulling out funny ones even in the latest episode. Too bad the laughing and slapping sightings end pretty soon apparently. I dunno what it is about it, perhaps just the non-sequitur nature, and casual way Seth drops those stories, but they crack me up. Also gonna miss the Florida obsession. I'm sure there will be tons of cool new stuff to look forward to anyway.

Is the only time they talk about the To Catch A Predator stuff the first dozen episodes or so? Those segments usually kill me, but I havent heard them talk about it for over a dozen episodes or so now (up to 28). Like I said, up to episode 28, and I've been pretty much officially sucked in at this point! Probably was by episode 2 honestly. A few of the pre-10 episodes are loving hilarious.

Oh man almost forgot to mention my other current favorite segment: Suri Cruise sightings!

UYD: Making me laugh to near tears by talking about Sexy Babies.

UYD: Never Dodge A Load

(the slogans are one of my favorite things too, I wish there was a way in the forums' coding that let us make rotating thread titles so this thread's title would rotate between all the slogans constantly)